• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Buni

We may find out this week, but we'll learn of the character by the 23rd at the absolute latest. The character is also coming alone according to Stealth (by which he meant that no other character will be bundled with the rumored first party newcomer).
Alright. If what he says is true, I hope we get news as soon as possible. Announcement this week, release on the next. Boom.
gFXfGzZ.png
Heh.
"Won't blow the Internet like the FFVII remake did"

This makes me curious. What -would-?
Ridley :p

The problem with this leak and leaks in general is that Stealth and co. are being as vague as humanly possible to the point where any character could technically be correct. He originally said that the character would blow up social media, but now he's saying "it will be a huge deal since all of the sites will cover it." Um, hello, the sites will cover anything related to Smash, no matter who they reveal. I don't trust people who backtrack.

So wait, Roger never mentioned it was Smash related at all? It's only been random other people saying that?

So the only moderately reliable aspect of this entire rumor has never even mentioned Smash at all?

Neoxon

So wait, Roger never mentioned it was Smash related at all? It's only been random other people saying that?

So the only moderately reliable aspect of this entire rumor has never even mentioned Smash at all?
I think he said that it was Smash-related. That plus the fact that he retweeted a number of Stealth's tweets.

NotLiquid

Roger denied that the source of the MyNintendoNews article came from him. I'm still inclined to believe the news is Smash related because Zef was the one vouching for it at one point, and he wouldn't have gotten that info from Stealth. Zef on the other hand did the smart thing and kept shut about it.

I think he said that it was Smash-related. That plus the fact that he retweeted a number of Stealth's tweets.

Oh, some posts in that FAQs thread seemed to imply he never mentioned Smash and this just sort of snowballed into a Smash announcement (which is now apparently two characters?)

I think Stealth is just making some of this newer stuff up. Or misinterpreting something he heard.

"There's a second fighter, it's not Wolf, and won't be released with the first character" is such a non-statement. It doesn't mean anything. Anyone can say that and still have a good chance of being correct.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
As mentioned above, TCRF.

Thank you! :D

To be fair I'd probably turn into a massive douche if I ever tried humoring the cesspool that is GameFAQs as well lmao

He needs to give up reasoning with them

I had insider information but you don't really see me teasing everyone around here or pulling the wool over someone's eyes here nor anywhere else. It's better to keep our mouth shut and don't tease people over the internet because you would never know what would happens with rapid fans.

This. Get on it, Sega.
Sega is so awkward around S3&K, it saddens me.

Maybe they're holding out on the S3&K Taxman remakes for the 25th anniversary, and releasing it in a single compilation of Sonics.

Sonic's 25th Anniversary Collection: Contains Taxman/Stealth remakes of Sonic 1-3&K + CD, Steam versions of Adventure DX + 2: Battle, Generations, and Lost World, and brand new ports of Unleashed and Colors for the first time.

All running at 1080p/60fps. (720p/60fps for Wii U)

Available for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, and PC for $59.99 in 2016

Where is this SEGA?

Dr. Buni

It's safe proof estimation. In case if they didn't get any reveal this week, they would be like, oh yeah, you have to wait until next week.
Gotcha!
Where is this SEGA?
The same place they locked the Sonic Colors PC port. Edit: I should learn how to read, lol
I had insider information but you don't really see me teasing everyone around here or pulling the wool over someone's eyes here nor anywhere else. It's better to keep our mouth shut and don't tease people over the internet because you would never know what would happens with rapid fans.
Yeah. I had access to that Shulk Smash 3DS video, but I never mentioned knowing about it, since I couldn't show it anyways.

J@hranimo

Banned
You know what Stealth should know, when is SEGA going to contact him and get him to remake Sonic 3 & Knuckles, it's the last Sonic Genesis game and the best one?

Sega is so awkward around S3&K, it saddens me.

Also the second slot...I'm calling Isaac.

Inklings and Isaac. Wolf gets pushed to DLC to promote SF0. Source? My brain.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I found whole situation weird because they said that we would hear something about first character this week, then we might hear something about second character this week or next week, by October 23.

Because I am on GAF, and I have chosen not to talk about this stuff there, but I see where you are posting lol

I just saw that post in gamefaqs thread. I wonder if it is the fact you are not confident enough with your own source because it could get you a permaban if your source were wrong. Or you just knew that your information is more likely to be wrong?

NotLiquid

As far as the veracity of this "news" is here's what I think at least -

If at least two more people beyond just Stealth have this news believing it to be Smash related (info which wouldn't have stemmed from Stealth since at least one person involved in all of this has a closer connection to Roger) I don't think it's fair to discount the news pertaining to Smash, mainly because some wild accusations have been thrown against quite a lot of people who are in the know and would probably just drop this charade if it's come down to this. It would literally not take anything to say "sorry guys this isn't Smash news". Roger already did the right thing by never mentioning what it was specifically and also denying that the MNN report was sourced from him (plus being incredibly specific about him not knowing what the ballot results are). On top of that, Zef actually reached out to Sean on Twitter and offered him his condolences because he was getting harassed by people, so I don't think any one of these originators actually have any lie to tell since there's nothing to be gained from maintaining this farce.

Stealth might be an asshole in all of this but that doesn't necessarily mean that he's wrong. I'm still erring on the side of believing this if only because he's not the one who's spreading internal info. He's just being louder about it and showing off.

NotLiquid

plot twist: you are stealth after all! :O

Buddy I only have a quarter of his Twitter followers

And there it is

Sean leaked it. It's Inklings.

:/

I'm kind of worried about him right now. I really hope he doesn't land in any hot water on account of this. Granted he might have deleted it because he realized people are all over his page thanks to the Smash news and might have even taken an innocuous tweet as a tacit confirmation.

:/

I'm kind of worried about him right now. Granted he might have deleted it because he realized people are all over his page thanks to the Smash news and might have even taken an innocuous tweet as a tacit confirmation.

He probably would have been better playing it off in a jokey way.

"Calm down guys, I'm just talking about Gravity Falls lol. Not everything is Smash related you nerds"

Instead of deleting the posts and then replacing it with "ICE CLIMBERS CONFIRMED" which just makes it look like he panicked and tried to cover it up quickly.

woopWOOP

LOL. I haven't had lunch yet and here we are.

So what colors are we expecting?? The eight promo ones? Callie & Marie?
I hope there's both a girl and boy version atleast, Robin style. Thousand bonus points if there's an Octoling skin with another 8 colours much like wireframe Little Mac.

Either gender with Callie or Marie colours gonna look pretty rad either way.

NotLiquid

I was joking with plot twist but yeah, it's hard to tell in text.

Nah I got your joke lmao, I should probably have been a bit more facetious in my response tho

He probably would have been better playing it off in a jokey way.

"Calm down guys, I'm just talking about Gravity Falls lol. Not everything is Smash related you nerds"

Instead of deleting the posts and then replacing it with "ICE CLIMBERS CONFIRMED" which just makes it look like he panicked and tried to cover it up quickly.

Yeah.

Just one of those "oh fuck" moments when you don't realize until it's too late

Dr. Buni

If Inklings get in, this will be the first time a character I openly support get into Smash. What I am supposed to feel?

Please give them a dark skin alt, Sakurai.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Shucks, the prediction contest ratio for Inkling is 0% and they are one of most predictable character being playable character in future Smash.. I wonder why is that? Oh wait, Splatoon don't exists during prediction contest thread.

I'm not expecting any of those rumors to be true (yeah, yeah you know me) but it's fun to discuss about potential Inkling announcement! :B

Nah I got your joke lmao, I should probably have been a bit more facetious in my response tho

That's okay! I wasn't sure if it was.

Zubz

Banned
I kinda hope they not only have a dark-skinned alt, too. Especially if it looks anything like the super hipster-ish set-up I had going until I got the Rockenberg combo (Retro Specs, Aloha Shirt, red loafers); I liked that outfit.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Splatoon was announced at E3 2014. Smash 4 was revealed at E3 2013.

Balladofwindfishes is still right. It's even more crazier! That's why I love DLC in general because it basically gave developers a chance to make something exciting for the games. (I know it's often to be disappointing for some games)

I really wish that I could believe in this leak (or rumor) 100% but there are good chance that it could be wrong. :( Expectation Level: 0% If they mange to get the pictures or video of it then I would raise my expectation to 9000%

Dr. Buni

We should get four dark skinned alts and four white skinned alts, but we will be lucky if we get one dark skinned alt. Oh well, better than nothing I guess. Anyways, besides the dark skinned alt, I am only hoping their recovery move is the "super jump" and that we get this song playing in their home stage.

If Inklings are real though it'll probably be one of the only time I mess around with alt costumes.

I don't think I've ever used anything but Link to the Past Toon Link, Claus Lucas, Bluetwo, Gold Roy, Old Mandorf, Goku Ryu, Gravity Samus or Fire Mario.

Charizard, Falco and Doc are basically the only characters I use the default skin for.

Azure J

We should get four dark skinned alts and four white skinned alts, but we will be lucky if we get one dark skinned alt. Oh well, better than nothing I guess. Anyways, besides the dark skinned alt, I am only hoping their recovery move is the "super jump" and that we get this song playing in their home stage.

I really don't want presets as much as I recognize that it's the most practical way Nintendo/Sakurai's team has of making them diverse without being hugely complicated. At this point in time, I've really grown fond of my particular Inkling and can only pray that some high order customization miracle happens should they be included as a DLC entrant.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Ay dios mios

I still haven't played Splatoon..........

You should. I really enjoyed single player in Splatoon. Dat Final Boss <3

Damn, I want to have final location as our smash stage so we could have that final boss as hazard. I know some people don't like hazard here, and I'm one of them. BUT THAT FINAL BOSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom