• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

J@hranimo

Banned
It's the return of Icicle Mountain that we've been waiting for.

Ugh I'm so glad that and Rumble Falls are a thing of the past.

I mean, if they can't get Inkopolis to run on the 3DS, it'd be an easy stage for the system...

True...but I don't think the best way to represent Splatoon would be an 8-bit stage.

I actually hope they make a stage that is viable for competitive Smash to represent half the game it is now
Who am I kidding the stage is gonna have random inkstrikes covering half the stage as hazards lmao

Sean is now claiming that he deleted his tweets because he thought people would take them as a hint. Either this is a desperate attempt to save face, or he's telling the truth.

I'm not buying that he accidentally typed that all out and hit 'tweet' without realising it was a leak.

Again, I'd love inklings but I'm highly dubious it's them.
Shout-outs to Azure J for supporting the Lip cause though :D

Would he be stupid enough to lie after leaking information? Possibly. He's saying that it wasn't a hint, but he never said that the Inklings aren't coming. I'm going with the "desperate attempt to save face" option.

NotLiquid

Sean is now claiming that he deleted his tweets because he thought people would take them as a hint. Either this is a desperate attempt to save face, or he's telling the truth.

It could be both.

I still felt like that tweet could have been reconstrued and played off to be a reactionary and contextual one but that he got caught between a rock and a hard place because of realizing too late what it entailed.

It's most likely Inkling regardless.

So, wait, does this Sean guy actually have any credibility when it comes to leaking before or possible sources of leaks etc? Or are we just on the hype train for the hype train's sake?

Sponge

Banned
Sean's one of my closest internet friends. I was showing off his Banjo render on here back when he made it. I don't think he's a troll or trying to bother anyone. I think now that he's a part of Smashified he's just happened to get connections, which is fine.

I think it is Inkling but it is weird that all these guys, Roger and Stealth and Sean, consider "respecting sources" to be synonyms with "shout Inklings name from the roof tops in every way but a direct confirmation." That is strange to me if it is legit them.

Inklings were the more obvious DLC character choices, so even if Sean was lying about knowing but they do get announced, I wouldn't be surprised.

I hope it is true though cause the fact that they were Mii costumes made into DLC characters gives me hope
FOR THE KING OF KREMLINGS

Sean's reply on Reddit

I get it. I really do.

I've been in the same situation, knowing some information about an update for a future update to one of your favorite games (in my case, TF2). It's really, really hard to not try and tell someone or accidentally hint at it too heavily.

Dr. Buni

Sean says " I'm so hyped and believe it myself(even adding this character to my list of mains when its released". Do we know if support the Inklings?
But, Young Link is a kid too, who knows.
Yes, but he said kids, not kid. Therefore it is either the Chorus Kids or Ice Climbers.
I'm pretty sure that's not true. I've been following Roger on twitter and youtube for a while and can't recall anything of the like.
Cool, thanks for clarifying.

NotLiquid

Like I said, he could be telling the truth and it could still be Inklings. I wouldn't have thought much about his original tweet until people started poking and he deleted them. I believe him and I don't blame him for what he did after being put on the spot so unassumingly.

Sean says " I'm so hyped and believe it myself(even adding this character to my list of mains when its released". Do we know if support the Inklings?

Yes, but he said kids, not kid. Therefore it is either the Chorus Kids or Ice Climbers.
Cool, thanks for clarifying.

He's mainly been a proponent of K. Rool, Inklings and Banjo-Kazooie.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Sean's reply on Reddit

I get it. I really do.

I've been in the same situation, knowing some information about an update for a future update to one of your favorite games (in my case, TF2). It's really, really hard to not try and tell someone or accidentally hint at it too heavily.
It's pretty shitty that he's getting harassed for this. Nonetheless, I feel like the best course of action when something like this happens is to just remain silent. Deleting tweets and coming up with long excuses only makes it look like you did leak something.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sean's reply on Reddit

I get it. I really do.

If you really need to get it off your chest just tell your parent's or something. They won't really care so word won't spread from them and you've managed to let go of the info that was oh so painful to keep bottled up.

Guess I'm lucky no one trusts me with any insider info. I can spout about anything guilt free.

Sponge

Banned
Put it this way, Nintendo isn't gonna provide Microsoft with free advertising.

If only Yooka-Laylee wasn't so far off I'd say they should get into Smash. Then again there's a few things against them. Even though their game is a spiritual successor, they're not Banjo. Some people would compare it to Mighty Number 9 getting in over Mega Man (which I think Yooka-Laylee already looks leagues ahead of what MN9 turned out to be). Their game would be pretty new, too. So I dunno how that would work.

Put it this way, Nintendo isn't gonna provide Microsoft with free advertising.

Wouldn't it be similar to Solid Snake and the MGS4 promotions they put in Brawl?

Althought I guess not since Konami isn't one of Nintendo's competitors so the rules might be different.

Blues1990

I'm wondering if there will be any Splatoon remixes, in the chance that the Inklings are a thing and they will be having their own stage.

NotLiquid

If you really need to get it off your chest just tell your parent's or something. They won't really care so word won't spread from them and you've managed to let go of the info that was oh so painful to keep bottled up.

Guess I'm lucky no one trusts me with any insider info. I can spout about anything guilt free.

It's okay, I already know Idolmaster is in the game. Just got to get 100 Cruel Smash kills with Lucina.

Zubz

Banned
It would also be a stage that very poorly represents Splatoon. There are plenty of places in Splatoon that could be used as a 3DS stage.

I was making a joke about things being held back because of the 3DS version; even if I doubt we're getting a spectacular Splatfest stage, I'm sure a Splatoon stage'd be an actual part of the game, rather than a mini-game.

As for this whole Chorus Kids revelation... Huh. I mean, they fit all the same criteria, and we know they were cut late in development. We just assumed they went the way with the Ice Climbers, hence why they're not a surprise nor a Ballot front-runner... I'm still leaning towards Inklings this week, but now I'm a bit less certain. Again, though, this is assuming that any of these leakers are worth their salt.

Muzy72

Banned
Wow guys I just found out the character. It's pretty hype!

But not as hype as Half Life 3 with VR support.

But it's definitely more hype than Peggle 2 for XBone.

Gaming sites who cover all gaming news will definitely talk about the character, that's how hype it is!!!!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It's pretty shitty that he's getting harassed for this. Nonetheless, I feel like the best course of action when something like this happens is to just remain silent. Deleting tweets and coming up with long excuses only makes it look like you did leak something.

I feel bad for some people because it's really tought to handle people on the internet when it's out of our hands most of time. :/

Sean's reply on Reddit

I get it. I really do.

Definitely this. I have been in same situation several time.

Whenever I have insider info I tend to just play innocent and pretend I know nothing. I don't trust myself to not slip up if I actually hinted I knew something. That's why it was somewhat unusual that I mentioned I knew Rainbow Mika was coming out, but only because I figured it was a relatively safe one to mention at the time :3

NeonZ

Any game that did something similar like this before?
I mean it takes quite some time to make all those many, many hairstyles, clothe models and texture data for a bunch of particular characters in an already loadded fighting game like this (since the models are different from their own games they can't just copy/paste that stuff, not without it looking ass). I don't think it'd be worth the development time. And even if they do it it'd be pretty shitty to allow certain people extra character customisation just because they own those games too.

It's not related to importing stuff from other games, but Tekken 6 had an unique selection of customization items for each character (rather than generic items that can be used in multiple ones), including haistyles, hats, outfits (divided in multiple pieces) and some special features for characters where that's applicable and then the player could mix and match them.

NotLiquid

I don't understand what happened here. Was an Inkling character actually leaked or are people just jumping to conclusions over a tweet?

An out of context tweet during a conversation by one of the people who claimed to have insider knowledge was construed by people to imply that it was Splatoon. Since he got caught in the spot and acted prematurely in hashing the discussion over, some people assume that he's just covering face but you can take that for what you will.

Either way, nothing really big happened. It may be Inkling, it may not be Inkling.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Whenever I have insider info I tend to just play innocent and pretend I know nothing. I don't trust myself to not slip up if I actually hinted I knew something. That's why it was somewhat unusual that I mentioned I knew Rainbow Mika was coming out, but only because I figured it was a relatively safe one to mention at the time :3

Innocent? I dunno. It's weird because I generally don't like 15 minutes fame on the internet so that's why I always kept inside information in my heart but not in my head. So that way I can bejng myself in the threads and enjoy to speculating with people. So it's good way to think that way so it wouldn't slip out of my fingers.

Platy

Sean's reply on Reddit

I get it. I really do.

I don't want to hurt my leaker, so here are hints of who leaked so the person who broke the nda can be found and terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom