• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

EulaCapra

I just want a Nintendo Direct confirmation. Hopefully the date announcement is tomorrow and set for Wednesday. The hype has wore me down empty.

NotLiquid

I just want a Nintendo Direct confirmation. Hopefully the date announcement is tomorrow and set for Wednesday. The hype has wore me down empty.

It's not like they'll ever be the same ...

xrdAvVS.png

I think I'm just going to bow out of this thread until we get some actual news you guys

I'm getting depressed

What if they already recorded a direct with Iwata and knowing that he was going to pass away, does some things in ambiguous fashions, like say 'this game will be released on the following date' with the date on screen as there maybe delays he might not know, or 'what you just saw, was a trailer for the newest fighter for super smash bros, this downloadable fighter will be released after this presentation', and ends with a final farewell and shows us who will be the new presenter, promising that directs will go on, even without him?

I'm sorry if this puts you down, I miss directs also, but without Iwata.... who knows how they'll be.

=(

As hype as I am for smash, I am just curious at how they will handle a Direct.....I just hope they will do a moment of silence thing for Iwata or something close to it at the beginning or end of the Direct.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
So I'm a bit out of the loop, but is Shovel Knight still in the race?

According to some people, last day of October is a deadline since they said it could take a month or two months of them to announce Shovel Knight for Smash Bros. It was like August when he said that.

Who know?

The way that people have been joking and talking about them so openly makes me think that the Inklings are just a ruse. I have literally no idea what to believe at this point. I'll set myself up for disappointment by expecting another Fire Emblem character.

The way that people have been joking and talking about them so openly makes me think that the Inklings are just a ruse. I have literally no idea what to believe at this point. I'll just set myself up for disappointment by expecting another Fire Emblem character.

Hell yes, I can't wait for Leif, the guy Sakurai considered as Melee's Marth clone before Roy.

batfax

Hell yes, I can't wait for Leif, the guy Sakurai considered as Melee's Marth clone before Roy.

Leif could be pretty legitimately awesome considering he can use anything with the exception of dark magic. And hey, another character from a 25 year old Nintendo series with lots of history! =P

Leif could be pretty legitimately awesome considering he can use anything with the exception of dark magic. And hey, another character from a 25 year old Nintendo series with lots of history! =P

I expect Leif to be a Roy clone, replace teh ph1r3 with light, and that's all. =P

OT: Inklings are the DLC fighter, and as for Fire Emblem, no more of them unless they're unique from the Marth-ling Sword wielder like Robin.

Potential leaks aside, if they were to ever add inklings into the game I would be at a loss for how they'd develop a moveset that makes sense.

Make one move where they plant a sprinkler onto the ground, a smaller version of Pac-Man's fire hydrant that shoots at a much faster rate, and the ink does damage/stun like Falco's lasers.

Or to make it even more interesting, give them some type of special meter like Little Mac, only when they do damage will the meter fill up (kind of like inking in Splatoon), activating it gives them a sub-weapon rush, reduced start up time and end lag on all of their special moves like in their games for a few seconds.

Sprinkler rush, *mechanical laughter*

Potential leaks aside, if they were to ever add inklings into the game I would be at a loss for how they'd develop a moveset that makes sense.

Equipment based moveset! think like pokemon trainer but they just swap between 3 weapons!

Ive never played Splatoon and im actually still hyped.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The way that people have been joking and talking about them so openly makes me think that the Inklings are just a ruse. I have literally no idea what to believe at this point. I'll set myself up for disappointment by expecting another Fire Emblem character.

Sound good expectation to me. Honestly, I would accept any nintendo newcomers, at long they have interesting movesets.

Hatchtag

Banned

B-Up: Super Jump.
B-side: Squid form. Travel through ink spread over the course of the match. Very fast and hard to hit in this mode, but it doesn't do damage. If there was an ink recharge mechanic, this move would be used to recharge.
B-down: Swap weapon (splattershot, charger, roller)
B: Grenade. Swaps with weapon

Normal attacks depend heavily on what weapon is selected. Splattershot makes normals midrange and quicker, whilst roller and splattershot are shorter/longer ranged, but more powerful and slower. Ink is spread by these attacks, but it vanishes if fighters use attacks on the ground it's been spread on.

That's roughly how I'd assume it would be, at least.

Golnei

If an Atlus char gets in it will be Jack Frost.

Jack Frost makes sense as a general mascot applicable to all of Atlus' output, but the issue of notability might make that difficult - he doesn't exactly have the same status as even Megaman; with Atlus' only truly notable characters being those specific to the Persona series, which in turn suffer from a weak connection to Nintendo platforms. Any Atlus representative would be difficult to justify - a second Sonic character would be the far more believable option.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
59FWgQr.png

Yeah, I know some of people are aware about this stage files.

Look at the stage files, as you see that there is an available slot that are untouched between Mario Maker and Duck Hunt. I'm aware that some people believe that it might be dropped stage which is Pirate Ship.

What if it's not because Duck Hunt was offered as free stage to trade off for Pirate Ship stage being not available for 3DS. They managed to have enough time to work on Duck Hunt stage for 3DS, and release it at same time with Pirate Ship.

Anyway, back to the point, What if it's a stage that are going to be bundled with a newcomer (or third party veteran) so I'm saying that it's possible that it could be Splatoon stage that might come with Inkling. (it could be any newcomer (or Snake) with their stage tho)

There's too much Nintendo news leaking between the Splatoon DLC datamine, the Twilight Princess icon and the potential Super Smash Bros character for some sort of announcement from Nintendo to not be coming.

Neoxon

So he's an employee of Nintendo or something?
Why are we taking everything some random people on the internet say for gospel now? I know that guy leaked the Shovel Knight amiibo from retailer sources, but this is a completely different matter.
He's with Unseen64 & has leaked other stuff in the past. And he only said that Shovel Knight was coming to Smash as far as Smash 4 is concerned (the Amiibo rumor was completely separate).

He's with Unseen64 & has leaked other stuff in the past. And he only said that Shovel Knight was coming to Smash as far as Smash 4 is concerned (the Amiibo rumor was completely separate).

I thought his point was that Shovel Knight was getting a Smash amiibo and thus was gonna be in Smash?
Man all these random people putting random shit out, I can't even keep track of everything.

And talking about scrapped projects is an entirely different thing than saying when the next Nintendo Direct is. What else did he supposedly leak?

Platy

No direct doesn't mean no reveal ... just means nintendo i not ready to go back to Nintendo Directs yet ='(

I still believe in a Nintendo Direct on the 14th or more probably the 16th

Neiteio

Whenever I have insider info I tend to just play innocent and pretend I know nothing. I don't trust myself to not slip up if I actually hinted I knew something. That's why it was somewhat unusual that I mentioned I knew Rainbow Mika was coming out, but only because I figured it was a relatively safe one to mention at the time :3
Wait a second

Look at the bits I bolded and underlined

You just made my day with your subtle confirmation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom