• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponge

Banned
There is a thread on /v/ right now that hints at stuff being leaked throughout the night, but the only thing so far is a K. Rool model that is apparently unique. I have nothing else to do so I'll stay awake.

EDIT: It's obviously fake, I just am so hyped I wanna get onto any train wagon.

I'm almost positive the same guy pulled this stunt a few weeks ago only to have nothing hours later. It's a ruse just to get people to post in the thread.

It's fun to humor it though :)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder how much rage the internet will have if a Minion gets in.

It's like Shrek only rather than a patron deity of the internet it is more like a hated icon.

I was honestly surprised when a local comedy show out of nowhere had a segment on just how fucking annoying 'Minion Mania' is. Figured the backlash towards Minions was mostly an internet-only thing like the ironic Shrek love is since IRL it's really only little kids who give a shit about them anyway.

Viola and/or Ellen from The Witch's House
Madotsuki from Yume Nikki
Neptune from Neptunia

Any of these and my world will be complete. If if there chances are basically zero.

Yu from Persona, Monokuma from DanganRonpa, Aya from Mad Father, Aki from Misao, Ib from Ib, or Animatronics from Five Night's at Freddie's are alright too.

I'll be happy for either Inklings or Shovel Knight as realistic choices.

...ppssstt hey Sakurai. Yume Nikki is kinda like a huge open world exploration game version of EarthBound. Let your EarthBound bias take over.

Zubz

Banned
Viola and/or Ellen from The Witch's House
Madotsuki from Yume Nikki
Neptune from Neptunia

Any of these and my world will be complete. If if there chances are basically zero.

Yu from Persona, Monokuma from DanganRonpa, Aya from Mad Father, Aki from Misao, Ib from Ib, or Animatronics from Five Night's at Freddie's are alright too.

I'll be happy for either Inklings or Shovel Knight as realistic choices.

...ppssstt hey Sakurai. Yume Nikki is kinda like a huge open world exploration game version of EarthBound. Let your EarthBound bias take over.

Man, remember that Indie Smash Bros equivalent that was in development so long ago that there weren't enough Indie characters to have more than 3 recognizable fighters? And how there're certainly more than enough characters that people'd recognize if someone were to make it now, including the Indie characters you mentioned, and a few others that I've mentioned in my ramblings (Including Shovel Knight)? Seriously, I'd love for a new team to make a game like Indie Brawl today.

Also, all of this posthumous Ridley support... It warms my heart on this cold, Autumn night.

Oh man I don't recognize ANY of those characters.

By comparison every guest support character in Indivisible I recognised right off the bat. I imagine for a hypothetical 'Indie' Smash Bros. an Edmund-made character (Isaac probably makes more sense than Meat Boy at this point) and just since it's so huge (plus the creator's a really cool dude) a FNAF character would also be big draws.

That and Falco is the last 'on-disc' character to have their amiibo come out and he releases in like a week or two. Technically not wrong but the phrasing of that sentence is weird either way.

That being said, I thought part of the Shovel Knight rumor was that NoA heavily pushed for it to NoJ/Sakurai? That sorta lines up with him technically not being a ballot winner.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
That and Falco is the last 'on-disc' character to have their amiibo come out and he releases in like a week or two. Technically not wrong but the phrasing of that sentence is weird either way.

That being said, I thought part of the Shovel Knight rumor was that NoA heavily pushed for it to NoJ/Sakurai? That sorta lines up with him technically not being a ballot winner.
What Tamaki said was that the people at Japan (NCL) are the ones that actually like the character, to the point that they were the ones who approached Yacht Club Games about making the amiibo. I haven't heard anything about NoA pushing for him.

Dr. Buni

Bring a portable device to work and tell them you have to take a massive dump and then watch in the toilet.
That's assuming there's wireless where they work. Where I work there's only wired connections. D: Thankfully the Direct will be 10pm here, so I will be off work by then.

I got a rare chance to look at the dev Smashbros.com test site, where they plan out the layout or whatever. I'm making this brief.

- Next two characters are Ice Climber and Inkling
- Ice Climber is a solo Ice Climber, Popo default. I guess they felt bad for excluding the entire series because the character is free until the end of the year
- They come with a new stage, based on retro 8-bit icicle mountain
- Inklings come with a stage too, based on a single player mission. A nice carnival themed stage
- Inklings have great costumes. 3 Male, 3 Female and 2 Octolings, really nice variety in colors and clothing
- Wolf is coming "early 2016" as a pre-order bonus for Star Fox Zero.
- One screenshot shows him on Corneria on the Wii U, so I guess that's happening eventually
- Mii costumes, but I'm not bothering to list them, other than one for Shovel Knight, so RIP that rumor.
- They're testing the waters for alt costumes, Link, Fox and Yoshi get new DLC costumes based on Ocarina 3D, Zero and Woolly World.

I imagine there's more. This is just based on some early dev work on the skeleton of the site. Not even the entire site had been translated yet, just a few blurbs here and there I guess done for blocking purposes.

I'm so bored I wrote my own fake 4chan leak

I'm still crossing my fingers for an Ice Climber DLC character that has different specials when teamed up in Team Battle.

This would also usher in having your friends online to be able to team with with you in 'team battle' online'.

A Popo + Nana 2v2 that encourages teamwork.

Javier

That's assuming there's wireless where they work. Where I work there's only wired connections. D: Thankfully the Direct will be 10pm here, so I will be off work by then.
I'm watching it on my iPhone through 3G as I'll be taking the bus home from work at that time. I don't care if I go past my download cap, Nintendo Direct is worth it.

I'm still crossing my fingers for an Ice Climber DLC character that has different specials when teamed up in Team Battle.

This would also usher in having your friends online to be able to team with with you in 'team battle' online'.

A Popo + Nana 2v2 that encourages teamwork.

.....actually sounds cool.

How would people react if they announce a new splatfest in the coming weekends with the theme of potential smash characters (e.g. Wolf vs Shovel Knight) and the winning team would get their character in smash as a DLC character next year? :p

How would people react if they announce a new splatfest in the coming weekends with the theme of potential smash characters (e.g. Wolf vs Shovel Knight) and the winning team would get their character in smash as a DLC character next year? :p

I sense a bloodbath ......well lots of red paint at least. Ha.

Ryce

I believe Sakurai tends to Retweet closer to the actual Direct. He doesn't do it immediately after the Direct is announced.

kirby_fox

Banned

1. Go buy Splatoon.
2. Play on the character side I'd rather not have.
3. Lose on purpose and make it hard for them to win the game.
4. Find out it's pointless because Nintendo is adding both of them in anyways.

That would be a pretty dumb decision, unless there's a guarantee both characters get in, and that splatfest is only in regards to the release order (i.e. the winner gets released first).

That would be a pretty dumb decision, unless there's a guarantee both characters get in, and that splatfest is only in regards to the release order (i.e. the winner gets released first).

Yea, they'd never do one or the other as a gimmick like that.

I don't think they'd do a "who do you want first" thing either, but I don't think it would necessarily be as toxic as "one or the other" would be.

Yea, they'd never do one or the other as a gimmick like that.

I don't think they'd do a "who do you want first" thing either, but I don't think it would necessarily be as toxic as "one or the other" would be.

I doubt they would do that, myself. If anything they'd so some sort of Smash-related thing (a tournament or something of the sorts), not an event in an entirely different game. But they still likely wouldn't do it at all.

Dr. Buni

Splatfest to decide the next DLC would be... messy. What I could see happening is the Squid Sisters promoting the Inklings DLC (if they are DLC) when you boot the game.

Oh, of course it's silly. It was just more of a fun mental excercise XD

Splatfest to decide the next DLC would be... messy. What I could see happening is the Squid Sisters promoting the Inklings DLC (if they are DLC) when you boot the game.
More Callie and Marie is never bad. They're both really fun characters :3

I sense a bloodbath ......well lots of red paint at least. Ha.
I only just realised that splatoon doesn't have red paint :eek:

Can't remember where I read it but apparently this Direct covers games all the way into spring, so I'm pretty confident we'll get some kind of smash news :D

Javier

I'd love to see Callie & Marie in Smash as the next equivalent of the Snake Codecs/Palutena Convos. They do their "Inkopolis News" intro and then they comment on one of the characters on the battlefield. Callie will say something funny about that character and then Marie will respond with a sarcastic remark.

Dr. Buni

I'd love to see Callie & Marie in Smash as the next equivalent of the Snake Codecs/Palutena Convos. They do their "Inkopolis News" intro and then they comment on one of the characters on the battlefield. Callie will say something funny about that character and then Marie will respond with a sarcastic remark.
This is a good idea. At the same time, I also want them to appear performing in the Splatoon stage, like K.K Rider appears in the Brawl/Wii U Animal Crossing stages.

Tyeforce

Here's #6...

FOX
06-0-Fox-1.jpg

06-0-Fox-2.jpg

06-0-Fox-3.jpg

[Click here for all currently posted nameless amiibo victory screens]

Here's my personal wish that I will be furious and call Sakurai a hack if unfulfilled:

Characters
- Wolf
- Ice Climber(s) (However the hell they get it to work I don't care)
- Inkling

Stages
- New Great Fox stage taking place in a location from SFZ but the stage itself is basically Corneria 2.0; 3DS version gets a Wii U stage for free as a consolation prize if it can't handle SFZ stage
- Summit (Brawl), and if it proves too difficult for 3DS then it gets an 8-bit Ice Climber stage a la Balloon Fight, which the Wii U then also gets and then 3DS gets a Wii U stage ported to keep it fair (complicated, I know)
- Splatoon stage (honestly don't know what area but it's hard to go wrong)
- Maybe some other past stages (Pokémon Stadium 1 and Fourside would be cool)

Mii Costumes
- I don't care too much which ones there are but will shamelessly buy all of them

Other
- Any kind of new single player content would be cool but I'm not holding my breath for this

Dr. Buni

I want the Inklings or a Rhythm Heaven rep. I like Dixie Kong a lot, but representing a new game and genre should be a priority imo. The stage for Inklings should be Inkopolis Plaza (I like the looks of it and it is the most iconic location in the game) and for a RH rep... Really, I have no idea, probably a stage constantly changing through the match, like in the remixes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom