• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotLiquid

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that made a Speedwagon fighter. I think he was the first one I made, IIRC. Either him or Danny DeVito.

My money's on Wolf and Inklings tonight, though there's a chance Wolf may have been delayed so he'd be released alongside SF0. In which case, it'd be Inklings & Shovel Knight.

Then again, with the whole Minecraft deal, Banjo & Kazooie just shot up from "Not even a snowball's chance in Hell" to "Surprisingly less impossible." I'm not saying that Nintendo's willing to let Microsoft get free advertising for Banjo-Threeie, but between this and the Microsoft logo in Mario Maker, they're doing something behind the scenes. It's not implausible that the one deal between them that'd make the most sense has been made, as well.

I'm not expecting anything Banjo-related tonight, but I just have to acknowledge that it's possible. That way, I can process it more easily if it does happen.

Wait what

What did I miss

Man, even if you end up getting the character you hope for you still gotta worry about the potential of them being low-tier trash
I'm actually more bothered by them ending up potentially as top tier characters that everyone and their dog uses, imagine if after all this K.Rool actually makes the roster as the best thing since sliced bread and his detractors have to endure years of K.Rool mirror match tournies and....actually that would be kind of funny.

Well anyway I hope for middle tier.

Hey, patches worked for Ike and DK, maybe Mewtwo's time to shine is coming.
I'm out the loop when it comes to this stuff, my main men Ike and DK got better?

One hour left, and I'm still feeling like it's going to be Shovel Knight. I hope it isn't, but I can't shake the feeling that it all points in that direction.

Dr. Buni

What's so bad about Shovel Knight?
I love him and his game, but he is not who I am hoping for. Would rather have him over Shantae, Bayonetta or another bland Fire Emblem character, of course, but if I could chose, I wouldn't pick Shovel Knight. Yet.
How angry will people be when Paper Mario is announced today?
Disappointed. I would rather have another Paper Mario character representing the series instead of yet another Mario. Yes, he would play differently from Dr/Mario, but... No, thanks.

Zubz

Banned
You know, with Minecraft no longer being absolutely out of the question... I think the Minecraft guy (Steve, right?) is one of the few characters I would not want in Smash 4. I mean, I'm sure the odds are low, but it's arguably the hottest IP out there right now, and even when he was a No Hoper, I think Steve was doing pretty well in the Ballot.

I mean, he still has an absolute minimum chance beyond Nintendo really wanting to go all in on pushing the Wii U Minecraft port, and I'm sure tons of people would be happy if he did get in. But I'll admit, I'm selfishly hoping he won't.

Dr. Buni

I am ready to buy an eShop card, I only need to hit the confirm button. It all depends of the Smash trailer, if there's one of course.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
AVLM2Xv.gif

HOLY SMOKES!

If they can drop freaking Cloud and STILL have a special broadcast in December... I fear for our health. Either a massive update is coming or there are greater surprises than just Cloud in store...

Btw, I was wrong about the shock Slime announcement, but I got the company right!

...Wait. If Cloud is playable, and Capcom can have two characters, does that mean? Could it be?! https://youtu.be/dyFj_MfRg3I

hupla

Literally anyone that ever tries to talk about the "rules" of being a smash character needs to shut up after this cause holy shit

NotLiquid

ME AND MY FRIENDS ARE LAUGHING SO FUCKING HARD JESUS

I'M SO CONFUSED, SHOCKED AND SURPRISED I CAN'T EVEN BE MAD THIS ISN'T WHAT I WANTED

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Let's go over the check list based on what the "leakers" told us:

First party ✗
Expected ✗
Inklings ✗

Good show as always.

Remember when people said Snake shouldn't be in Smash because he's too connected to Sony?

Yea...

This was ridiculous. Out of no where. My mouth was on the floor, I'm still trying to calm down, and I've never even played FFVII.

This is like "Yo, Sony, your third party support. That's cute" then "CLOUD IN SMASH BITCHES"

Ryce

Holy fucking shit, this is awesome. I've said it before, but Final Fantasy is one of only five third-party franchises I'd be okay with seeing in Smash Bros. -- I just didn't expect to see Cloud!

Clov

This is a HUGE surprise. I'm a bit baffled still, honestly. He looks fun to play as, and his stage looks really cool.

I'm really looking forward to that Smash Direct in December! Maybe then we can get Inklings in Smash!
Along with K. Rool.

woopWOOP

Alright, I was kind of expecting a Square rep, but I (somehow) really wasn't expecting him.

Him and that super rad looking stage, holy smokes!

Not gonna lie, pretty hyped about this!

Now I got to wait for the official trailer to drop, so I can message my brother and blow his mind (he was always the Final Fantasy guy of our family :D)

Also it's funny that NeoGAF didn't crash until his reveal. The power of the Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom