• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
You know what's hilarious? There's a certain SE character people have been asking for Smash since before.

I wonder if Cloud was a ballot character?

Like, we all laughed at them when they voted for Cloud, because that's a ridiculous character for Smash, and now they get the last laugh.

NotLiquid

CTpUlSsW4AENgNn.jpg:large

Crayolan

Shovel Knight fans BTFO

Keep dreaming that a random indie is gonna get into smash when we're getting characters like Ryu and Cloud though.

Sakurai won.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm fucking floored with the announcement. I'm very severely pleased that we finally got a Final Fantasy character in freakin Smash Bros. I never thought that I would see it happens so it was totally unexpected addition for me in this game now.

Man, I didn't expect that some people were upset about it. I thought it was brilliant addition to the roster, despite that he's not "Nintendo" character but he's iconic final fantasy character in Square history.

I'm floored, excited and happy. And we are getting more information next month but I would like to know WHEN tho.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've never played FFVII, or FF much in general and I'm excited He looks great and the stage is awesome. Can't believe so many are upset by this.

When Haruka Amami is revealed in the December announcement all hell is going to break lose judging by this reaction.

woopWOOP

Cloud's stage looked rather intensive. Would the 3DS even manage to support it?
I just realised there's no way that stage will be for 5-players and up. Dangit!

Guess we'll have to FD-mode that one for the sake of Smashing to FF7 boss music.

Drago

I'm a bit disappointed that both DLC newcomers have been third party guests. I really want to see a Nintendo newcomer soon... hopefully next month.

Still, holy fucking shit it's Cloud. Literally out of fucking nowhere.

Thank god all the rumors are officially dead now.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I didn't believe I could be shocked after Ryu. I was wrong.

Sakurai. Square Enix. You both know what needs to be done...

tumblr_lt768fcZL81r4yzs3o2_500.gif

I'm trying to figure out how Slime would work in Smash Bros? I don't think I have seen anyone coming up with moveset here yet.

I've never played FFVII, or FF much in general and I'm excited He looks great and the stage is awesome. Can't believe so many are upset by this.

When Haruka Amami is revealed in the December announcement all hell is going to break lose judging by this reaction.

I was confused when people were really upset about it. I understand that Final Fantasy 7 didn't touch Nintendo console or Cloud is one of most boring Final Fantasy character. I understand that but Cloud is one of most iconic character that came from Square Enix so it actually made sense.

I'm a bit disappointed that both DLC newcomers have been third party guests. I really want to see a Nintendo newcomer soon... hopefully next month.

Yeah, I started to believe that we are not going to get any first party newcomers as DLC characters.

At this point we absolutely should get Banjo & Kazooie even if Microsoft is planning a proper comeback for them because fuck it.

Exactly, while Cloud leaves me indifferent his arrival almost makes me want to believe in the possibility of Banjo not being batshit insane.

I'll take the 90's Rare character pack of BK, Dixie and K.Rool next month thanks, heck lets throw Joanna Dark in there, she's already had some of her gadgets in smash.

RomanceDawn

I did not expect him one little bit! I was like OMG the whole time!

I think this is it for Sakurai. Like this is his final stand and after this he will pass on Smash to who he deems is worthy.

Cloud fits every criteria Sakurai established before hand. Hey may not have starred in any games on Nintendo systems but he was there. Besides if there was one main character that comes to mind when people talk about Final Fantasy it's Cloud.

I never played the game for more than an hour but I am so glad he is in. Good for his fans, good for future relationships between Nintendo and Suare Enix, and good for Sakurai for legit surprising everyone. He must be on cloud 9 right now. Ah! I didn't even realize I did that until I read over it!

This is amazing. The Smash Broadcast cannot come soon enough.

Jesus it feels as though we're back in pre-release times.

I love Smash ;v;

I'm getting Snake flashbacks, actually.

I mean, Mega Man and Pac were amazing, but this is just on another level. Has Cloud even starred in a game on a Nintendo system?

Muzy72

Banned
Last time we got a Melee clone, Brawl vet, and 3rd party newcomer all at once. Hopefully that means Pichu and Wolf will come alongside Cloud. :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
We don't even know when is the presentation next month. I really hope that it would be early December. *cross fingers*

I'm getting Snake flashbacks, actually.

I mean, Mega Man and Pac were amazing, but this is just on another level. Has Cloud even starred in a game on a Nintendo system?

Nope, Cloud haven't.

Cloud appeared as summon in Kingdom Heart: Chains of Memorie
You could see him in Final Fantasy Rhythm Theater

I think this is it for Sakurai. Like this is his final stand and after this he will pass on Smash to who he deems is worthy.

You know, I kind of got that impression too. Cloud is truly an insane fan-pleasing pick; it really makes me feel like this is something of a last hurrah for Sakurai's work on Smash.

I'm trying to figure out how Slime would work in Smash Bros? I don't think I have seen anyone coming up with moveset here yet.

I have in the past pulling from Dragon Quest, Rocket Slime and his appearance in Mario Sports Mix. My vision is something akin to Shuma-Gorath in MvC and Arakune from BlazBlue. A morph fighter, essentially.

Ryce

If Slime were to be playable I don't think he'd be influenced by Rocket Slime or any other spinoff, which is why I don't think he's very likely. The iconic Slime that's the face of Square Enix is literally just a one-hit-kill joke enemy. He's more suited for an Assist Trophy or Mii hat.

Also, I want to add that one of my favorite things about Cloud's inclusion is that it proves Sakurai is taking DLC very seriously and isn't withholding anything for a potential sequel. He's only concerned with the here and now. Cloud and Ryu would have been very big newcomers for Smash 5, but Sakurai doesn't care.

Sakurai continues to show his favour for bishonen animu boys with swords. Next we'll get Soma Cruz from Castlevania Aria/Dawn of Sorrow instead of a Belmont, cause Belmonts aren't cute anime boys with swords.

Imagine the Geno fans from the Brawl days right now.

Square finally got a character in Smash and it's Cloud.

Who would've thought Square, representing their company, would pick a massively popular character from their flagship series as opposed to a mostly supporting character from a 20-year-old one-shot game that they developed for Nintendo?

Really, who would ever have thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom