• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
This is the version everyone is asking for as no one wants a peach clone.

Edit: Someone' idea for Daisy
GUl6GbT.png

ni9pijc.png
This would be a pretty awesome moveset. And dem star and tan alts

shauntu

The ones I'd be interested in:

Hector (Fire Emblem)
Chibi-Robo
Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness)
Impa (Hyrule Warriors)
Inkling (Splatoon)

Goku is the only logical option, makes so much sense. But wonder what we'd get from the smash ball considering Super Sonic is a SSJ clone...

I mean inside of the world of Nintendo (cuz I'd really like some from outside, but I doubt it will work), Toon Ganondorf!!!

Hate the current Ganondorf move set, no sword and so slow.

Goku is the only logical option, makes so much sense. But wonder what we'd get from the smash ball considering Super Sonic is a SSJ clone...

I mean inside of the world of Nintendo (cuz I'd really like some from outside, but I doubt it will work), Toon Ganondorf!!!

Hate the current Ganondorf move set, no sword and so slow.

Ugh, i hope you are not serious.

JediLink

I want Quote and Shantae so damn bad, but realistically their chances are as small as Ridley is big. Damnit Sakurai, filling me with all this false hope ;_;

Been tempted to vote for several other characters but in the end I decided to go with the character I wished to see the most in 4: Mona from WarioWare.

Varjet

Oh well, since I'm kinda bored right now, here's an idea how Wonder-Red could play:
All of his smash attacks (and maybe his fair) are based on Unite Hand. His specials on the other hand *cough* would be Multi-Unite morphs,
so another character would jump out to perform a move with their specific Unite morph. I guess it would be a bit similar to calling assists in Marvel.
There's a catch of course; there's a cooldown after using any Unite-Morph (displayed by a battery gauge or something). During that time, you can't use any other special move
and only weakened versions of his Unite Hand moves. If a Multi-Morph gets hit, the cooldown time is inceased.
I think this could work within the limitations of the 3DS, since Zelda and Duck Hunt can do something similar.

Oh, and the Final Smash would be Unlimited Form of course.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Apparently Smash US fb said they won't consider 3rd party votes?

They said that yesterday, but sadly yes.

I don't think people who worked on Facebook know everything but I already mentioned that getting new third party character would require a lot of works, and making a deal/contract required a lot of time as well.

Only way I can see Snake would happens if they asked them beforehand and make deal with them before Konami-Kojima Drama.

Qurupeke

By the way, did they ever confirm that the characters from the ballot will be playable? I just remember them saying about DLC. DLC could easily mean just costumes for Miis. And the site doesn't explicitly say anything other than that they can become fighters. I really hope that's not the case.

Ahnez

By the way, did they ever confirm that the characters from the ballot will be playable? I just remember them saying about DLC. DLC could easily mean just costumes for Miis. And the site doesn't explicitly say anything other than that they can become fighters. I really hope that's not the case.
I'm sure this was confirmed during the Direct

Synless

Looking at those Daisy ideas, they really should release alternate costumes for peach and gang from the various sports games. 8 shades of different colored dresses is drab.

It's too bad there's no vote for costume DLC or music DLC.

I'd love to try and get the results screen music as menu music, which seems like it could just be patched in and not really DLC, but whatever.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It's too bad there's no vote for costume DLC or music DLC.

I'd love to try and get the results screen music as menu music, which seems like it could just be patched in and not really DLC, but whatever.

If they are not going to add Takamaru as playable character, heck they should port Takamaru Mii costume from NintendoLand to Smash 4.

I would definitely use it.

L Thammy

Battle Clash. One of the only games to use the Super Scope.

To be more specific, that art is from the sequel, Metal Combat. The original design was pudgier and had a more normal-looking rifle. Looked a bit more like a Scopedog and less like Dougram. But seriously. Who doesn't want to Smash in a human-sized version of this?

b_fali9bx4.gif

And his stage could be a decrepit highway in a post-apocalyptic New York. Just as awesome as Wonder Red and K.Rool, right?! So who's hitting up Intelligent Systems on Twitter? Making the custom avatars? What's our hashtag going to be? Anyone? ...Hello?

Ryce

That Daisy concept is well-drawn, but it's a terrible idea. The Mario sports games aren't about Daisy, so there's no reason she would ever be included as a playable character to represent them. It just comes across as a desperate way to justify including a character who has absolutely nothing to offer on her own. She's a bland Peach clone in her sole canonical appearance.

The most popular characters from the Mario sports games are already in Smash Bros. anyway. And more to the point, not everything needs a character. Peach uses a golf club and tennis racket as her side smash, and a baseball bat and soccer ball are items. "Convoluted Mario sports character" isn't exactly a niche that's demanding to be filled.

levyjl1988

Banned
I feel for Daisy, she's not getting much attention, not even an amiibo.

All I want Nintendo do to is release a character expansion set for $60 and include:

Krystal
King. K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Daisy
Knuckles
Wolf
Wreck-It-Ralph
Bayonetta
Bomberman and I'm all good.

Azure J

GUl6GbT.png

ni9pijc.png

I would be beyond down to see this. She should have a command grab that's a slam dunk spike though just so I can officially dunk on everything in the roster.

Fandangox

To be fair, the poll went up first & the post was added a day later.

Either way I dont think it'd make a difference, its not guaranteed that the poll will bring a new character, so might as well vote for whoever one wants, third party or not, and see if the devs consider it.

I don't think they would add another third-party anyway when they have plenty of characters that they wouldn't need to negotiate rights for.

That being said, Banjo or Bomberman would be brilliant.

Neoxon

Either way I dont think it'd make a difference, its not guaranteed that the poll will bring a new character, so might as well vote for whoever one wants, third party or not, and see if the devs consider it.
I'm pretty sure this poll will bring us a DLC character seeing as it was advertised that way. Maybe some of the runner-ups will be saved for the next game, but we will get at least 1 character from the poll as DLC.

GUl6GbT.png

ni9pijc.png

I never wanted Daisy before, but this convinced me. The lack of a Brawler female with a competitive personality is suddenly apparent to me. Even though I knew the sports uniform was the version of Daisy people were always asking for, I always just combined the "HI I'M DAISY" nonsense from Double Dash and a baseball outfit.

Suddenly, seeing Daisy how other people had always seen Daisy, I am a supporter. Sometimes you have to see it with your own eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom