• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember being very pro-Simon Belmont back in Brawl pre-release, but I kind of lost interest in the following years. You reminded me how much of a good idea it would really be, for many reasons. While we've had characters that used a whip before, none of them (maybe Ivysaur, I suppose?) fought with it as their main weapon. Simon's play would be very unique. They better go with this design though:
http://i.imgur.com/3zMiI9G.gif

I imagine he'd look like this or this, but have the Chronicles look you posted as an alt. I'd take any design except the ones from Captain N, Judgment, and Mirror of Fate.

ib2Dg6ggAgic0t.gif

I'd repeat what I said on Twitter, but...:p

look at how funny you are

xHiryu

Voted for:

Wonder Red
iICbfPL.gif

Bayonetta
3004a464034e337163a38ee948827c4f.jpg

Isaac
240px-Gs-isaac-png.png

Inkling
amiibo_-_amphinobi_rondoudou_et_du_splatoon_a_venir_.jpg

Honestly I wouldn't want any more Pokemon or Fire Emblem characters in Smash, already have a bunch of them as it is. But the more characters the better, I just wonder when the results are being released. Also any word on the Miiverse stage?

Illucio

Banned
rUNcg4A.gif

Nah, his final smash should either be using Unite Big or
summoning Platinum Robo to do their final attack. You know the one.

EXCCUUUUSE ME. I believe you mean the "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...Fire!" With the move having you spam A to charge it to maximum damage.

EXCCUUUUSE ME. I believe you mean the "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...Fire!" With the move having you spam A to charge it to maximum damage.

Let's be real tho, having the actual QTE as it was in TW101 in the final smash would take too long.

Illucio

Banned
Let's be real tho, having the actual QTE as it was in TW101 in the final smash would take too long.

It would take 17 seconds or less. And after seeing the Megaman, Fzero, and Duck Hunt final smashes, I'm sure people don't mind watching a scene for 15 seconds in a match, especially how epic and funny it is. It would be entertaining every time.

RomanceDawn

What if Spain Killers source really saw some of our DLC? What if that working model of Ridley on the 3DS was the real deal and Sakurai's IGN Ridley comments were all a clever ruse before the happening?

Gartooth

I don't think it is ever going to happen, but fuck it I'm going to waste 2 minutes to go vote for Banjo-Kazooie and pour my heart into it. :)

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
What if Spain Killers source really saw some of our DLC? What if that working model of Ridley on the 3DS was the real deal and Sakurai's IGN Ridley comments were all a clever ruse before the happening?

Well, his source never mentioned Lucas. He just sorta came out of Nowhere.

What if he meant Ridley Scott?
I still reckon they tried Ridley early on around the same time they did for Chrom and failed misreably at making him 'work' so scrapped him while the Chorus Kids got further in development but ultimately cut, hence why Germatsu's source knew about them and Chrom.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Hell they even have Shantae's 8 costumes figured out, complete with references to two other characters in her IP.

Also I voted Thrice: Ridley, K Rool, and Shantae.

Make that Four: Banjo Kazooie

Shantae is the only other third party character sans Rayman I'd like to see. She would be a much better indie representative than Shovel Knight. Sorry, Yacht Club! One appearance doesn't cut it.

tkscz

So far around the Net, the most Popular I've seen are:

Beyonetta
Daisy
Banjo
Shante
(unfortunately) Goku

GAF seems to be the only ones who want Wonder Red.

Azure J

Beyonetta
Daisy
Banjo
Shante
(unfortunately) Goku

Wonder Red has a really strong showing on Smashboards as well (really interesting).

Neoxon

Supposedly that model was used as the basis for the boss model since Sakurai was unable to make Ridley work as a playable character.

Also, Wonder Red hype only extends to SmashBoards as far as Non-GAF hype goes. ;_;

Fandangox

Supposedly that model was used as the basis for the boss model since Sakurai was unable to make Ridley work as a playable character.

Also, Wonder Red hype only extends to SmashBoards as far as Non-GAF hype goes. ;_;

Clearly people will be swayed to vote for him when they listen to this

Beyonetta
Daisy
Banjo
Shante
(unfortunately) Goku

I trust Sakurai to have the proper judgement to just make her an alt for Peach if the demand is really there rather than a fully separate character when there's a million more interesting choices out there. Character's alright but seriously would not look remotely 'off' just being Peach with Daisy's model and sound-clips.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, I purchased 50 Greninja Amiibo and am basically holding them hostage...

Don't worry, I won't scalp them. Instead I'll give them for free in exchange for votes towards Tin Star or Torterra.

I'm legally obligated to indicate I'm joking when I make these types of posts now.

888eddyx

After my super serious votes for Wonder Red, Bayonetta, and Dixie Kong, I'm finally gonna throw my wild cards into the ring. I'm voting for Captain Rainbow and Captain N. Anyone with me?

Nanashrew

Banned
Clearly people will be swayed to vote for him when they listen to this

This is how I start my mornings

I trust Sakurai to have the proper judgement to just make her an alt for Peach if the demand is really there rather than a fully separate character when there's a million more interesting choices out there. Character's alright but seriously would not look remotely 'off' just being Peach with Daisy's model and sound-clips.

She's better than Peach though! She has a tomboyish personality and far more sporty than Peach. I could see her moves more referencing sports titles she's been in and her Mario Party cameos with how competitive she is. And Daisy would get a Peach color alt.

dangeraaron10

Unconfirmed Member
Daisy could just very well be a Peach alt. I don't think people would like seeing Daisy as a standalone character, let alone a clone character. If they really did want to put effort into Daisy as a standalone character (and Nintendo has been unwilling to put any effort into Daisy what so ever), they'd likely use more sports themed stuff, people like to bring up Mario Strikers / Charged for inspiration for her.

In honest truth I wouldn't mind that.

Nanashrew

Banned
Daisy could just very well be a Peach alt. I don't think people would like seeing Daisy as a standalone character, let alone a clone character. If they really did want to put effort into Daisy as a standalone character (and Nintendo has been unwilling to put any effort into Daisy what so ever), they'd likely use more sports themed stuff, people like to bring up Mario Strikers / Charged for inspiration for her.

In honest truth I wouldn't mind that.

That's what I'd like to see. A sports themed Daisy in Smash would be great.

It's more that we already have six Mario reps (not counting Yoshi/Wario) with unique movesets, plus Dr. mario... It just feels like anything more unless they have a really unique idea (and I feel the 'sports' motif Daisy could have is already in Peach's moveset) would be boring. Same thing that's probably stopping Waluigi, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom