• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U & 3DS Downloadable Characters Discussion and Information on Smash Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalman

Shantae is the only other third party character sans Rayman I'd like to see. She would be a much better indie representative than Shovel Knight. Sorry, Yacht Club! One appearance doesn't cut it.
I don't know why Shovel Knight is so popular in this vote. His game is great, but he's had one appearance. It should take a lot more for a third-party character to get in.

The only third-party character I can see getting in is Bomberman.

EulaCapra

I totally forgot about Alexandra Roivas!

It's never going to happen, but a few votes might help remind them to at least mention the game existed in trophy form.

I totally forgot about Alexandra Roivas!

It's never going to happen, but a few votes might help remind them to at least mention the game existed in trophy form.
I still thought having an Eternal Darkness-themed AT that caused hallucinations like distorted colors, disappearing characters, wacky gravity, the TV turning off or control pads not working for a set period of time would've been great. Nintendo still owns the rights to ED, right? A call out like that seems doable without referencing the more blatantly adult material in the game that would clash with Smash Bros.' usual fare.

Zalman

Let's get some fresh, new IP to Smash Bros.:

yPS3ocw.png

As for characters from old franchises, I think Zelda and Donkey Kong especially need more representation.

Lunar15

The sad thing is, I voted for Isaac, but I don't actually really need Isaac as a character. What I really want is actually a Golden Sun stage with some Golden Sun music.

Azure J

The sad thing is, I voted for Isaac, but I don't actually really need Isaac as a character. What I really want is actually a Golden Sun stage with some Golden Sun music.

I feel like I fall into this situation lately where my support for certain inclusions is more due to what they bring with them or who they please versus who I actually want to see playable.

Good gameplay didn't appear in 64 and Melee, that's Decent But Unpolished Gameplay you're thinking of. Smash 4 is the first game Good Gameplay has appeared in, so why the request?

Don't do this.

Zalman

The lack of Rhythm Heaven love in this thread is heart-breaking.
See, I'm all for the inclusion of new Nintendo franchises, but the thing about Rhythm Heaven is that I can't really imagine anyone from that series in Smash. I'd love to see them pull it off though. The more new IP, the better.

See, I'm all for the inclusion of new Nintendo franchises, but the thing about Rhythm Heaven is that I can't really imagine anyone from that series in Smash. I'd love to see them pull it off though. The more new IP, the better.
I still want to see what was planned for the Chorus Kids, or whatever the scrapped RH rep was.

Neoxon

I still want to see what was planned for the Chorus Kids, or whatever the scrapped RH rep was.
Given what we know & the Gematsu leak (which was right, but from super-early in development), I'd put money on the scrapped RH character being the Chorus Kids.

Though if you put a gun to my head asking me to add one character, you'll see what I'll answer soon enough.

Given what we know & the Gematsu leak (which was right, but from super-early in development), I'd put money on the scrapped RH character being the Chorus Kids.

Though if you put a gun to my head asking me to add one character, you'll see what I'll answer soon enough.

I'd also assume the Chorus Kids were scrapped for the same reason as the Ice Climbers were.

Neoxon

I'd also assume the Chorus Kids were scrapped for the same reason as the Ice Climbers were.
In theory that could be possible, but there's a number of things that could have made their case different (all speculation, by the way).

- They aren't nearly as detailed as the Ice Climbers. They're basically about as detailed as Mr. Game & Watch. And given how the Sneaky Spirit is represented, the Chours Kids would have most likely been represented as flattened 3D models similar to MG&W (which is also much less of a strain on the 3DS).
- We don't know the true nature of their AI, if there was any AI involved that could have caused a strain on the 3DS at all.

Azure J

I dunno, I'm actually having a good feeling about K Rool.

I'd say if the DLC isn't already planned out and scheduled a certain way and this polling actually returns a result, K. Rool is probably going to be the first new character
barring any last minute Banjo-Kazooie miracles

Neoxon

I'd say if the DLC isn't already planned out and scheduled a certain way and this polling actually returns a result, K. Rool is probably going to be the first new character
barring any last minute Banjo-Kazooie miracles
Sakurai is probably leaving room for at least 1 fan-request, 2 if we're lucky.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I have several characters in my head, ranging from ashley, to kumatora, to female inkling, to asking for ice climbers being back, to asking for snake back, to melia from xenoblade....I just cant decide between them, how many times can you submit a character you want?

Neoxon

Come on, give us snake first. He can't be stuck in brawl limbo.
I fear that this may one day happen with Sonic, where Sega-Nintendo relations may sour & will end up screwing Sonic out of Smash. That day will be heart-breaking for me, more so than losing Snake.

I fear that this may one day happen with Sonic, where Sega-Nintendo relations may sour & will end up screwing Sonic out of Smash. That day will be heart-breaking for me, more so than losing Snake.

Sonic not being in Smash 5 would be the best thing ever.

Zalman

I think Sonic is here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future. Also, the trio of Sonic/Mega Man/Pac-Man is too good.

Neoxon

I think Sonic is here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future. Also, the trio of Sonic/Mega Man/Pac-Man is too good.
But issues may arise with Mega Man, since I could honestly see Capcom one day mostly giving Nintendo the cold shoulder like Konami did, which could lead to Mega Man's removal from Smash.

This guy. Right here. Falcondorf isn't going anywhere, and Ganon deserves an original moveset.

latest
With custom moves being a thing, I was hoping there would be more characters with different moves like Palutena. That would seem like a quick fix rather than doing an entire new character. Same could apply for a lot of characters on the roster as well as final smashes.

Zalman

But issues may arise with Mega Man, since I could honestly see Capcom one day mostly giving Nintendo the cold shoulder like Konami did, which could lead to Mega Man's removal from Smash.
Snake was kind of a wild card from the beginning. People mostly associated him with PlayStation platforms. Mega Man is more of a Nintendo thing though. His most recent games have been on Nintendo too.

tkscz

Daisy could just very well be a Peach alt. I don't think people would like seeing Daisy as a standalone character, let alone a clone character. If they really did want to put effort into Daisy as a standalone character (and Nintendo has been unwilling to put any effort into Daisy what so ever), they'd likely use more sports themed stuff, people like to bring up Mario Strikers / Charged for inspiration for her.

In honest truth I wouldn't mind that.

This is the version everyone is asking for as no one wants a peach clone.

Edit: Someone' idea for Daisy
GUl6GbT.png

ni9pijc.png

Thinking about it, I'd probably throw a vote in for Shantae as well since it's pretty cool Wayforward's taking this thing seriously and they're pretty close to Nintendo in general. CommanderVideo shows Nintendo isn't above having indie stuff mentioned in Smash too.

Dunno if they'll count since I voted multiple times, but here's who I went for.

1. Ridley
2. Phoenix Wright
3. Funky Kong
4. Professor Layton
5. Tharja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom