• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Hoping my Amazon early morning preorder holds true...
oprah-nervous.gif

atmuh

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

I really pushed the limits of my Volt today and came flying into the parking lot, ran past some guy putting his bike in the rack by the entrance and snagged the last one. The guy with the bike came in right behind me asking for the last one, but sadly the cashier had to inform him I just bought it. I was so happy to get this I even signed up for their rewards program as a thank you gesture.
congratulations

mcfrank

Just remember guys, you cannot complain about this. Nintendo could never ever have seen this demand coming. It isn't their fault. They do not intentionally under-ship things.

I don't think they intentionally undership, i think they are just stupid as hell

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

I really pushed the limits of my Volt today and came flying into the parking lot, ran past some guy putting his bike in the rack by the entrance and snagged the last one. The guy with the bike came in right behind me asking for the last one, but sadly the cashier had to inform him I just bought it. I was so happy to get this I even signed up for their rewards program as a thank you gesture.

Spec is lying to us they pushed that poor bike down to get the last one xD

Glad you got one

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

biker got owned, lmao

akileese

Just remember guys, you cannot complain about this. Nintendo could never ever have seen this demand coming. It isn't their fault. They do not intentionally under-ship things.

I don't think they intentionally undership, i think they are just stupid as hell

This is where I'm at. Artificial demand makes no sense. These things cost next to nothing to make and they had the NES Classic to learn from. I think they're just dumb as hell.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

Don't thank them

They already have bundles.

And with an extra controller no less.

It comes with 2 already.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

That biker is currently keying your Volt...

Denali

TARGET BACK.

Just got one confirmed.

Target Link

EDIT: I was just steady refreshing that page, clicking on "Add to Cart" every couple minutes. Finally went through. Checkout did not hang at all. I got a confirmation number, but have not received an email yet.

EDIT 2: Received confirmation email about a minute later.

Lebneney

Banned
Thanks!! I have a five, almost six month old son, and this is going to be his introduction to games, when he's a little older.

Of course, he will be getting his own controller. Daddy's too OCD to let the wee baern put his aunt-jemima-hands all over his favorite controllers.

Oh man, this is going to be a perfect system for him. I pretty much grew up playing a bunch of SNES and Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart are pretty much going to be an amazing time for both of you!

By the way, I couldn't help but think of this for when you said "he will be getting his own controller."
Dont_9fe16c_1000321.jpg

spad3

I hate Gamestop but I have to give credit where it's due. They came through twice this week for me. Once for the Scorpio and now for the SNES. I may even start back shopping there one day if they keep this up.

Agreed. I somehow managed to snag Wedding Bowser/Peach/Mario Amiibos in store the Samus Returns Special Edition online from GameStop. And now I just got the SNES Classic from them too.

The lady who rung my reserve up told me to not expect extras during launch week. GameStop will absolutely not have any extras whatsoever.

Honestly you shouldn't be expecting to walk in on launch week without a preorder. Expect scalpers to resell for 500% markups (~$400).

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Don't even want one anymore. I know Starfox 2 will get dumped the day after the classic is released, and I'll be able to play it just fine on the Raspberry Pi.

I'm too old for this hoop jumping bullshit to play 25 year old games, half of which I already own.

I got the heads up the preorders were going live at EB Games from a friend who used to work there (I'm in Canada) I went in with 4 mins to spare before the preorders went live and snagged the first preorder, paid it off in full! and I'm now guaranteed one. Thank fuck... crisis averted! I wonder how the preorders for the N64 mini will go...

Top Bottom