• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
All I hope at this point is to get a controller so I can use it on my Wii hooked up to a CRT. That's a better experience anyways.

Amazon is my only hope.

I hope those preorders were legit.

DH2ghv4UAAAy0R4.jpg%3Alarge

loooool thats a fail.

Like at what point do you realize "this line is too long there is no way they have this many"

especially with reports of GS getting 8 minimum

zulux21

why won't gamestop just contract a few more AWS servers for stuff like this?

It makes no sense. They're leaving money on the table.

App lets my select the $99.99 bundle but it won't got to checkout

how are they leaving money on the table?

I mean their stock is going to sell out whether they have enough servers to make it smooth and everyone that is around can quickly order or if people have to fight with the website for an hour in hopes they can get an order in.

more servers would cost more money. in general servers aren't just plug and play. and in fact screwed up servers like this cause people to be more prone to grab the first bundle they can get through on.

So far I've missed Best Buy by maybe an hour, missed Wal-mart by maybe an hour (but it was only up for 4 seconds per the thread), missed local GameStop (sold out almost instantly even in a smaller town), and missed Target by an hour.

I got the Amazon funky order in but I also had an earlier Wal-Mart order in and that got cancelled after a few days so I'm not very optimistic.

Hope your Amazon order works out!

Loaded the product page in the app, but checkout/addtocart weren't working, and it crashed. Now it's just saying "can't load product" when I try to open it from the search results.

J_Viper

Managed to grab one from Target before they sold out, I'm just afraid they're gonna cancel the order

Am I in the clear if they already charged my card and sent me an email?

jmizzal

Holy crap, I went to bed, this thread was at 46 pages, now it's at 97.

So aside from GS seemingly going up (I'm guessing they're done now), what else happened? I should see if my GS is still doing it (which I doubt) since I can use a $15 off coupon from Power Up Rewards.

Walmart went up for 5 secs and Target went up for 10 secs thats all lol

Rookhelm

Managed to grab one from Target before they sold out, I'm just afraid they're gonna cancel the order

Am I in the clear if they already charged my card and sent me an email?

as clear as it can be, but they can always cancel orders for any reason, I suppose

TrojanAg

This doesn't seem any better than a year ago when the NES Classic went online, regardless of any assurances that Nintendo gave this time.

Tanooki_Suit_Up

Neo Member
I know it's not cool for people who can't get to a store, but I kind of admire that gamestop's response to the internet shenanigans was to kill the site, and tell people that if they really wanted it, to hit up a store. Limit 1 per person.

Talking to the other people in line, I got the sense that everyone who was there actually wanted one to have it for themselves, not to scalp it.

I'm also pretty sure nobody else in line was a robot.

...pretty sure.

zulux21

What the hell is B&H?

I want to say it's a site you can't trust and it will consume your soul if you order there.

but that would be just to scare you away.

they are a legit store just a regional one (on the east coast I think) video game deals and tablet deals come out of there from time to time.

Lebneney

Banned
I know it's not cool for people who can't get to a store, but I kind of admire that gamestop's response to the internet shenanigans was to kill the site, and tell people that if they really wanted it, to hit up a store. Limit 1 per person.

Talking to the other people in line, I got the sense that everyone who was there actually wanted one to have it for themselves, not to scalp it.

...pretty sure.

There were two guys in line that openly admitted that if they could buy all of them, they would have. I understand you can make money off of this, but it sucks for those that actually want to play them.

Guys if I have a bundle from GameStop in my cart and I'm at the shipping info and I'm getting and error is it DOA for me or keep trying ???

Please help

This doesn't seem any better than a year ago when the NES Classic went online, regardless of any assurances that Nintendo gave this time.

Nintendo is full of it, I bet they saw the huge demand for the NES classic and instead of thinking hmm we should make more they probably thought let's just make less. They're always backwards as all hell

what is even in the bundles? it just shows "no image available" when it actually loads, mostly I get unable to search and apparently unable to look up product is just now permantly on my phone, even persisting through other apps lol

Thabass

The GameStop near my work got 6. I was number 6.

While I'm glad I was able to snag one, FUCK Nintendo for this horrendous marketing ploy.

Sister reports: WE GOT ONE! If anyone is in the Clarksville TN/Ft. Campbell KY area. GO, GO, GO! My sister reported that the gamestop she went to on Ft. campbell was empty! Preorders still there.

...pretty sure.

They're still accepting online preorders on their app, and upselling with shitty bundles at that.

I get the funniest feeling that if you're not looking at the site when the notification goes up before Christmas, you're not getting one of these.

Calling it now that the scalp value is just going to go up the closer we get to the holidays.

NolbertoS

Amazon is my only hope.

I hope those preorders were legit.

loooool thats a fail.

Like at what point do you realize "this line is too long there is no way they have this many"

especially with reports of GS getting 8 minimum

Where is that picture from?? Is that Nintendo World in NY lineup. Jebus this is worse than the NES Classic

Top Bottom