• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Toki767

That $190 bundle lol
DH2qeCkUQAAwsPq.jpg

Sawneeks

Banned
I get the funniest feeling that if you're not looking at the site when the notification goes up before Christmas, you're not getting one of these.

Calling it now that the scalp value is just going to go up the closer we get to the holidays.

That's not even a feeling, that's basically fact at this point. People are already putting their pre-orders up on eBay for crazy prices.

jmizzal

This doesn't seem any better than a year ago when the NES Classic went online, regardless of any assurances that Nintendo gave this time.

There will be more on launch day, thats prob why preorders are going so fast, and prob some more random preorders over the next month.

I think its much better then NES mini, a lot of people have their preorders now, where as NES mini nobody had preorders so launch day was a bloodbath, tho it still will be a bloodbath launch day on SNES mini lol

Skab

Manger at the gamestop i ordered from was super cool about things. the credit card machines were fucking up, so he held peoples orders for them so they could run across the street to an atm and get cash.

I think I've yet to hear from a single person that they've actually been successful with the GameStop app. Everyone is seeing it but are unable to actually purchase.

zulux21

It's way worse this time around, actually.

I would agree, when the nes classic went live it wasn't clear how popular it was going to be.

it was up on best buy for a while.

I thought about ordering one for like 30 minutes.

and then I didn't because I didn't care and didn't figure they would be a hot item because even the cheapest computer you can buy can run nes games perfectly fine as can any smart phone.

but alas it was popular for some reason.

the snes one is more appealing to me so I am actually trying to get one this time. but worst case I still have my snes and nes collections to play. I am just to lazy to set them up lol.

I hate Gamestop but I have to give credit where it's due. They came through twice this week for me. Once for the Scorpio and now for the SNES. I may even start back shopping there one day if they keep this up.

Tanooki_Suit_Up

Neo Member
Definitely. Congrats for getting one!

Thanks!! I have a five, almost six month old son, and this is going to be his introduction to games, when he's a little older.

Of course, he will be getting his own controller. Daddy's too OCD to let the wee baern put his aunt-jemima-hands all over his favorite controllers.

Juraash

Can't even get bundles to show on the stupid GS app. Not that it really matters since I can't add the stand alone one to my cart or anything anyways.

That's not even a feeling, that's basically fact at this point. People are already putting their pre-orders up on eBay for crazy prices.

Oh yeah that's a given. I don't even want to see them, but I admit that morbid curiosity will eventually get the best of me.

No scalp purchases though. I know the trolls get their toll, but I'm not walking over that bridge.

I would agree, when the nes classic went live it wasn't clear how popular it was going to be.

it was up on best buy for a while.

I thought about ordering one for like 30 minutes.

and then I didn't because I didn't care and didn't figure they would be a hot item because even the cheapest computer you can buy can run nes games perfectly fine as can any smart phone.

but alas it was popular for some reason.

the snes one is more appealing to me so I am actually trying to get one this time. but worst case I still have my snes and nes collections to play. I am just to lazy to set them up lol.

Starfox 2 tho

Vark

Looks like the Gamestop App just launches a mobile browser to add stuff to the cart / checkout. Which means if the regular website doesn't work. This probably won't either.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I saw that GameStop tweet 33 minutes after they posted it. The store closest to my house was already sold out. Got the last one at another store about 10-15 minutes away. I had called before I drove over there to confirm they still had some and he said he had a few. When ringing it up he told me that probably 50 other people had called between when I called and when I got there, which was 12 minutes. Fucking hell.

molnizzle

Dear Santa,

For Christmas this year, I would like for Nintendo to become competent.

At some point they have to, right?

...right?

Mashing

As sad as this is (I got my BB preorder this morning) I would be laughing my ass of if they had decided to put these up yesterday during the eclipse. That would have been just perfect timing.

SpecX

*lit fuse*

*mission impossible theme begins*

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

I really pushed the limits of my Volt today and came flying into the parking lot, ran past some guy putting his bike in the rack by the entrance and snagged the last one. The guy with the bike came in right behind me asking for the last one, but sadly the cashier had to inform him I just bought it. I was so happy to get this I even signed up for their rewards program as a thank you gesture.

Top Bottom