• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Listonosh

Just a heads up, about 10 minutes ago I was able to place an order WITH confirmation on Target. Looks like they're doing it in waves today.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
those thinkgeek bundles should be literally illegal. Jesus christ that shit is an abomination.

TheGrue

I want one of these, but not paying for a crappy bundle on Think Geek to get it. If Gamestop's app ever worked, I might have gotten the bundle with the book.

Sulik2

Honestly that 140 bundle at thinkgeek will probably be cheaper then the SNES classic will be on Ebay the rest of the year.

Sanjuro

THINKGEEK BUNDLES ARE UP:

https://www.thinkgeek.com/snes-classic-bundles/

They're overpriced.

FgKCe0T.jpg

bigkrev

Real talk, Nintendo should have set the MSRP of this at $200 or more if they were planning on having a super limited amount avalible, and not planning on selling it after this holiday season. They would still sell the same amount, just would be giving less of a cut to scalpers.

Just look at those Thinkgeek Bundles. That's proof that people will pay a massive premium for the device.

DeanBDean

Just a heads up, about 10 minutes ago I was able to place an order WITH confirmation on Target. Looks like they're doing it in waves today.

This is very strange, I see the request to pre order coming back with the same error message (_ERR_AVL_INVENTORY which I assume to mean there's no available inventory) that I saw after the initial preorder wave evaporated in 14 seconds. Maybe they are internally releasing them in waves?

My GS sold out in 15 minutes, all was left was the $100 bundle with the guide. They pre-ordered that for me to be shipped to my door. Cost me an extra $25 with shipping but least I secured one

Real talk, Nintendo should have set the MSRP of this at $200 or more if they were planning on having a super limited amount avalible, and not planning on selling it after this holiday season. They would still sell the same amount, just would be giving less of a cut to scalpers.

N64 will be $200 most likely
4 controllers x they will probably give money to Microsoft for Rare games.

CHECK AT A STORE PEOPLE.

It has been an hour, so chances are slim, but CHECK AT A STORE.

There are some stores that have less traffic and even after staff trying to self-reserve, they still have some open.

All that is going to lead to is getting out of work and driving 15 minutes to arrive to a line of 40 people which could lead me to murder someone. Nah I'm good

Juraash

God those think geek bundles or something else. I'm torn on paying the price. I really want one, but the shit they tack on couldn't be anymore useless to me.

Top Bottom