• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

iqhk_wearable_mega_man_helmet.jpg

I think I just found my new avatar.

It doesn't. I pre ordered a switch bundle but then incancelled when I got in on a Amazon deal

Very good. Ill keep this pre ordered until I find it somewhere else without the bundle. But if I cant well Im happy to own a SNES Classic than not to have one. It sucks I have to pay an inflated price but I really want one the SNES was my childhood along with the Genesis.

My defination of scalping is someone buying it at MSRP and jacking up the price. This place is adding other items along with the SNES Classic. I dont view it as scalping personally.

They are adding other items that are shit they probably couldn't sell and/or cost them pennies, as a way to jack up the price. It's the same thing in principle, unless you really, really want to pay $60 for $2 worth of chintzy gamer garbage.

YuShtink

Did anyone who got one of the pre-orders from ThinkGeek get any kind of confirmation e-mail? I just got a thing from Paypal for "preapproved payments plan to Airbrite Inc" but that sounds ambiguous and shady lol. Tried looking up my order on "Celery" and it wasn't found.

Did anyone who ordered at ThinkGeek get a confirmation yet? (I did the Mario coin/calendar bundle...lol...)

Going to keep trying Target in the meantime.

Did anyone who got one of the pre-orders from ThinkGeek get any kind of confirmation e-mail? I just got a thing from Paypal for "preapproved payments plan to Airbrite Inc" but that sounds ambiguous and shady lol. Tried looking up my order on "Celery" and it wasn't found.
Same.

They are adding other items that are shit they probably couldn't sell and/or cost them pennies, as a way to jack up the price. It's the same thing in principle, unless you really, really want to pay $60 for $2 worth of chintzy gamer garbage.

The price I paid is probably going to be lower than an actual scalper.

How about the kid and Fed Ex guy?! We need closure OP.

At my store there were six people who had been waiting around for 30 minutes because the system was down, but we all knew the order we arrived. When they said everybody get in line they're up, I forcefully put myself in front and for a second the cashier was like we're not gonna play that game, and I was like we all know I was first, there's no need for me to take a chance here in case your system f*cks up in two minutes or something.

Got my pre-order and left happy :)

Kid got one. Fed-Ex guy wasn't one of the lucky ones. I knew the sadness in that man's face.

kaskade

I did a thinkgeek bundle (regrettably), said some error during checkout but I got a $1 pending charge on my card. I guess we’ll see.

Jigorath

Banned
I'm gonna smash the Tetris lamp into a million pieces and then send the shattered remnants to Nintendo HQ with a note saying: "Do you SEE what you made me do!!!"

OmegaFax

Nintendo ought to reconsider their friggin' agreement or whatever they have with GameStop the next time it comes to the table.

You can argue they've taken supply and demand into their own hands by padding what you really want to purchase with semi-unrelated bullshit.

I'd accuse Nintendo of plastering their name on and promoting these bundles if it means they step in and do something about it (unlikely).

DeanBDean

Wario says to F5 target. Say some people reporting in/out of stock

F5ing won't matter, you might as well just hit the button over and over again. I suspect what happened though is that they released a little bit of stock, some people got it, but now it's back to being unavailable.

Kid got one. Fed-Ex guy wasn't one of the lucky ones. I knew the sadness in that man's face.

It was hilarious as we were lining up in the final minutes a woman burst into the store sweating and yelled "DO YOU HAVE PRE-ORDERS?!" (I left before it was her turn but judging by the numbers I presume she got one.)

modsbox

Anyone get checkout to work on GS app?

I've got the $119 bundle in my cart and am signed in but just can't to the final stage of check out. I assume once they sell out of everything and the app gets less busy I'll be able to complete it eventually... if I can keep it in my cart that is.

Nintendo has got us running around like Yoshis with their heads cut off.

Lots of good press, I'm sure, but chasing after 4 am preorder listings available for 10-15 minutes is not a fan friendly move.

I got lucky just because I decided to look at NeoGaf at the right moment. That's not right.

If this is another shit show like the NES classic...god. I hope they learned something, and they will allow more sustained preorders. Plus make enough of them to keep this from being another scalper jackpot.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
My stupid TG order is time-stamped 2:52, no email though

Jamaro85

Called GameStop after getting the in-store notification and they said they got word of taking preorders just a few minutes before I called. Started the fifteen minute drive but pulled over into a gas station before the highway to call the local GameStop again (wasn't picking up the phone earlier). Hit the highway, get to the store, and a couple guys sprint in ahead of me. A guy was being rung up with no line, but the lady said she just noticed that this was the last one in stock. I would've been a little more disappointed if I lost out because I didn't jet in, but I think pulling over to make that call may have screwed me. Bah.

tbm24

Nintendo ought to reconsider their friggin' agreement or whatever they have with GameStop the next time it comes to the table.

You can argue they've taken supply and demand into their own hands by padding what you really want to purchase with semi-unrelated bullshit.

I'd accuse Nintendo of plastering their name and promoting these bundles if it means they step in and do something about it (unlikely).
I can respect what GameStop does more than the people selling preorders on eBay right now for $500. At least you're getting Nintendo related shit with it.

Amneisac

If Nintendo wants to make a premium limited collectable to uphold their brand image, the least they could do is charge a price that won't result in scalpers hopping onboard to make a quick profit.

People on slickdeals will buy 50 $500 TVs if they were a price mistake. Making this console $150 isn't going to discourage them if they can make a profit.

Top Bottom