• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Trying to grab the Blue Controller GS bundle for a friend in the GS app but it's not going through. "CHECKOUT NOW" gives a dummy android popup with no text, and "ADD TO CART" just adds nothing to your cart. Any luck on the GS app for you guys?

maxcriden

Trying to grab the Blue Controller GS bundle for a friend in the GS app but it's not going through. "CHECKOUT NOW" gives a dummy android popup with no text, and "ADD TO CART" just adds nothing to your cart. Any luck on the GS app for you guys?

I've had the same issue. No luck at all with it.

zulux21

Likely they are outsourcing to a relatively low yield manufacturer. The other side of it, is probably simply they want to hype up retro games for the inevitable virtual console on Switch.

this isn't their first go at the classic line.
and they could have plenty of time to make as many as they need.

heck... if they were worried about that taking to long I am sure they would have been fine just making a second smaller run of nes classic for this holiday while they got more snes classic made for next holiday.

stock really isn't a good excuse this time around.

jvm

Gamasutra.
No. It's not working here either.

darthbob

Tried to get in on one of those ThinkGeek bundles and I got this email:

You've signed up for preapproved payments plan to Airbrite Inc with PayPal.

To view the details, log in on the PayPal homepage, go to your Profile, and click Preapproved Payments. Then find the Details page for Airbrite Inc

Any idea what that means?

Same email I got, and the only email I received as well.

Clockwork

BEWARE: DON'T USE THE GS CREDIT CARD YOU USED UNTIL YOU'RE CHARGED NEAR SHIPPING. IT HASN'T BEEN CHARGED YET, IF YOU USE THE CARD AND YOU GET BELOW THE AMOUNT IT WILL CANCEL THE ORDER.

Who lets their available balance get that low? If you do you probably shouldn't be ordering $120 SNES Classic bundles.

Got a $120 bundle in store at GameStop. You have to fully pay it off. I did with my credit.

BEWARE: DON'T USE THE GS CREDIT CARD YOU USED UNTIL YOU'RE CHARGED NEAR SHIPPING. IT HASN'T BEEN CHARGED YET, IF YOU USE THE CARD AND YOU GET BELOW THE AMOUNT IT WILL CANCEL THE ORDER.

Really? When I bought a Switch a few weeks ago online and my first card didn't cover the full balance it just gave me the screen again to insert another card and it added them up.

I haven't done a a bit work all day. Got the stupid thinkgeek bundle... still want to get a regular order so I don't get A $45 dollar mushroom plush.

poodaddy

I got a pre-order in at game stop. Got the call this morning from em at about 10 and rolled through, but I kinda feel bad about it now. As it turns out, the girl working there said that in all fairness I just got lucky. She decided to work from the end of the list to the beginning with the calls rather than the proper way just because she wanted to "mix it up." I know it worked out in my favor, but I can't help feeling like her doing that allowed me to get it when I didn't deserve it. I don't know, now I kinda feel like I stole someone else's rightful SNES, figuratively speaking at least. That being said, this is a gift for my girl, so I gotta eat the guilt. Still though, stoked I got in.....I think. It's just a bit bitter sweet is all.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Tried to get in on one of those ThinkGeek bundles and I got this email:

You've signed up for preapproved payments plan to Airbrite Inc with PayPal.

To view the details, log in on the PayPal homepage, go to your Profile, and click Preapproved Payments. Then find the Details page for Airbrite Inc

Any idea what that means?
Means you've authorized them to charge you when they ship.

I got a similar message when preordering from SEs store.

maxcriden

That's the worst part of this mess. When you start to feel like a total dipshit idiot and have your day borderline ruined by doing stupid shit like that just to buy a product...

That's my feeling too. It's quite frustrating. At the end of the day apart from SF2 which I don't care about I have a way of playing all these other games so I really need to remind myself of that....

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
An absolute shit show. Seriously. Nintendo deserve every ounce of malice directed at them for this crap.

At the very least I am now more than ever rooting for the Switch to get hacked for homebrew so I can make that my SNES classic.

Toki767

At the prices scalpers are going to charge for these things, people are better off taking a trip to NY the week of launch. Because you know the Nintendo World Store will have a few hundred, maybe even thousand.

I got a pre-order in at game stop. Got the call this morning from em at about 10 and rolled through, but I kinda feel bad about it now. As it turns out, the girl working there said that in all fairness I just got lucky. She decided to work from the end of the list to the beginning with the calls rather than the proper way just because she wanted to "mix it up." I know it worked out in my favor, but I can't feeling like her doing that allowed me to get it when I didn't deserve it. I don't know, now I kinda feel like I stole someone else's rightful SNES, figuratively speaking at least. That being said, this is a gift for my girl, so I gotta eat the guilt. Still though, stoked I got in.....I think.

Surprised they even took a list. People at my store said that's definitely not allowed.

BamFuller

Neo Member
I'm currently using the gamestop app and I have it in my cart but when I try to check out it gives me a wheel and goes into full retard mode.

Hustler

For all of those who may be laughing at people paying $140 for the think geek bundles.... just remember the scalper prices. $255 on eBay and has a whole day left of bidding. NES classic is still selling for $200 currently.

https://imgur.com/a/8YbVf

BiggNife

Welcome to Gamestop.

They started doing this "bundle" thing back when I managed there. Purposefully holding stock so they could bundle a bunch of games + accessories no one wants into a more expensive Web-In-Store Exclusive (at the time, of course).

I hate capitalism

The gamestop ones that have like a book and an extra controller for $20-$40 extra I can at least deal with, even though those suck too

The ThinkGeek bundles are just heinous

I'm pretty sure that NES canteen from the $140 bundle was on clearance for like $5 months ago

At the prices scalpers are going to charge for these things, people are better off taking a trip to NY the week of launch. Because you know the Nintendo World Store will have a few hundred, maybe even thousand.

I wouldn't be opposed to actually hitting up NYC and the Nintendo Store but part of me worries about the shitshow public trans has been and then thinking about what time I'd have to line up for a shot at one.

Owensboro

An absolute shit show. Seriously. Nintendo deserve every ounce of malice directed at them for this crap.

1000%. They don't even have the excuse of not knowing what demand would be, as they had a similar product in the market last year.

I thought the NES thing was poorly handled. I think this one has been ineptly handled.

Amneisac

For all of those who may be laughing at people paying $140 for the think geek bundles.... just remember the scalper prices. $255 on eBay and has a whole day left of bidding. NES classic is still selling for $200 currently.

8YbVf

(this guy must have paid $140, everybody)

Skeletron

This was an absolute shitfest. Walmart sold out in 10 seconds. Target glitched. Lost power at work so had to use my phone for gamestop which had their servers swamped. Then I ignored the tweet about the in-store pre-orders for like 10-15 minutes. Then I saw it again.

Almost waited till after lunch to go see if they had any. Called the local gamestop and the guy said he wasn't sure if he would have any available in 5 minutes. I sped all way there. Saw a kid running into the store, then I ran, and some Fed-Ex guy ran after me. Got into line and we were told they had 6. I was 6. Now I can finally breath. I have two pre-orders from two different sites in case the Amazon ones from last night weren't the real pre-orders.
reLRJam.png

Seriously this is violence
lmao is this real life?

sotojuan

Can't even get that site to load

I got it to load once so don't worry. Try later when the madness dies down.

Long shot but does anyone know if ThinkGeek preorders are delivered on launch date or if they are shipped on launch date? Trying to figure out what day to take off work.

I really do hate the culture Nintendo has created around their products.

Being sold out everywhere 30 minutes after the pre orders are up (probably sooner), and legitimately thinking there won't be another opportunity to purchase their product. It is really frustrating.

FettS1

Neo Member
Got one at Gamestop brick & mortar! This GS was beyond helpful - they were sold out, but one 5 minutes down the road had a few left. They let me buy a giftcard, then called that store and ordered w/ the gift card for me.

It's showing up in my Gamestop account as paid in full. This is all absolutely nuts, but so glad it's done! I've still never even seen the original NES classic in person. Don't give up - there are still good gamestop's out there!

Fuck You ThinkGeek, I am not an animal.

I will not grovel to the level of buying needless pop culture fluff to get the fucking SNES classic.

Fuck off.

Jigorath

Banned

8YbVf

Yeah, that's why I bit the bullet on the $140 bundle. It's an extra $60 but Scalpers are going to be charging a lot more than that.

If by some miracle I can get a non-stupid preorder in for normal price then I'll cancel the ThinkGeek one.

Top Bottom