• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

This was an absolute shitfest. Walmart sold out in 10 seconds. Target glitched. Lost power at work so had to use my phone for gamestop which had their servers swamped. Then I ignored the tweet about the in-store pre-orders for like 10-15 minutes. Then I saw it again.

Almost waited till after lunch to go see if they had any. Called the local gamestop and the guy said he wasn't sure if he would have any available in 5 minutes. I sped all way there. Saw a kid running into the store, then I ran, and some Fed-Ex guy ran after me. Got into line and we were told they had 6. I was 6. Now I can finally breath. I have two pre-orders from two different sites in case the Amazon ones from last night weren't the real pre-orders.

These bundles are cracking me the fuck up. That's gotta be the worst mug I've ever seen. It's a fucking CUBE

kmsj_snes_classic_bundle_mario_plush_calendar.jpg

10 preorders. I left as soon as I heard.

Nope.

Do they even make much money from these?

Seems more like a PR stunt. Middle of the night online, middle of the day in store.

I assume they are trying to get these into scalper hands because it makes the item seem more hot if people can't just give them money and buy it?

OmegaFax

Its not a scalper if its directly from a retailer looking to cash in.

They are a retailer that gets their inventory from Nintendo ... probably through an agreement and are using Nintendo's product/name to sell loosely related from their own inventory. It's a shit practice.

CvGz

Neo Member
I was eating lunch while Target dot com pre-orders went up but that was a no-go. Saw Wario64's tweet and went to the GameStop closest to my office. Store was empty except for a scalper checking out, he openly stated his intentions, and I was the third preorder, though a line quickly formed behind me

This was an absolute shitfest. Walmart sold out in 10 seconds. Target glitched. Lost power at work so had to use my phone for gamestop which had their servers swamped. Then I ignored the tweet about the in-store pre-orders for like 10-15 minutes. Then I saw it again.

Almost waited till after lunch to go see if they had any. Called the local gamestop and the guy said he wasn't sure if he would have any available in 5 minutes. I sped all way there. Saw a kid running into the store, then I ran, and some Fed-Ex guy ran after me. Got into line and we were told they had 6. I was 6. Now I can finally breath. I have two pre-orders from two different sites in case the Amazon ones from last night weren't the real pre-orders.

How about the kid and Fed Ex guy?! We need closure OP.

At my store there were six people who had been waiting around for 30 minutes because the system was down, but we all knew the order we arrived. When they said everybody get in line they're up, I forcefully put myself in front and for a second the cashier was like we're not gonna play that game, and I was like we all know I was first, there's no need for me to take a chance here in case your system f*cks up in two minutes or something.

Got my pre-order and left happy :)

Was able to pre-order one from local Gamestop in Peachtree City, GA. I was the second person and they were accepting a maximum of 8 pre-orders for their store. This is a rural store in a smaller market. Cities should be accepting more pre-orders. Also, they require at least a $25 Deposit for the pre-order. Didn't have anyone waiting after me, so a lot of people still don't know that pre-orders just went up. In their store, the SNES Mini SKU started working about 30 minutes ago.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Had it in my Target cart at noon, but wasn't able to checkout. Got to GameStop, and was the 6th person in line with 3 left. Had a Wal-Mart order from last month cancelled. God dammit this is annoying.

Koobion

So I got a Thinkgeek order, but in an absolute fever, I didn't realize that I paid for it with Paypal "preapproved payment plan" - does anyone know what that means? I usually buy things with Paypal credit. I hope this doesn't ruin it.

Hexer06

Fuck! I couldn't even snag the overpriced Tetris Lamp bundle. WTF! It was processing after Paypal for forever and then came up with an error. Fuck. me.

I ordered the cheapest thinkgeek bundle figuring I can cancel it later if I find a lone one.

I haven't gotten an email from them, and looking up my order number and email on the celery dashboard says there's no order. lol.

The USA's Tying Restriction Antitrust laws must be more lenient than I thought. Those Think Geek bundles are ludicrous. I guess they're legal since the products they're tying to the SNES Classic are technically video game related.

BriGuy

These bundles are cracking me the fuck up. That's gotta be the worst mug I've ever seen. It's a fucking CUBE

kmsj_snes_classic_bundle_mario_plush_calendar.jpg
I'll use it as a pencil cup. It was $160, but the cheapest you can get last year's NES classic is around $240. It's bullshit, but it's also sort of worth not having to deal with the frustration/scalpers.

Top Bottom