• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Does anyone know if you got that Paypal email saying you are "preapproved for payment plans" if that means you officially got an order? The site crapped out right after that and i never got a confirmation number or anything. I did get that Paypal email though.

Yeah mine went through.

Yeah, that's why I bit the bullet on the $140 bundle. It's an extra $60 but Scalpers are going to be charging a lot more than that.

If by some miracle I can get a non-stupid preorder in for normal price then I'll cancel the ThinkGeek one.
This is what makes the situation even shittier. People are essentially paying a tax with shit they don't need to buy the one thing they want. Nintendo sucks and retailers like Gamestop/ThinkGeek are doubling down on it by making what you want available with a ton of shit you don't. Both Gamestop and Nintendo can eat ALL the dicks.

Does anyone know if you got that Paypal email saying you are "preapproved for payment plans" if that means you officially got an order? The site crapped out right after that and i never got a confirmation number or anything. I did get that Paypal email though.

If you got the paypal email then its probably okay. It wouldent be good for them you charge you and not ship you anything.

Ceravic

Got 3 today for me + friends. I hope there are more to come for the rest of you, good luck!

I got one for me at Best Buy last night, but I have two friends I'm also trying to get them for. Somehow I feel like I want it for them more than they want it themselves.

Afrocious

Dude got 68 preorders off of Amazon apparently. Hit him up in this thread if you want one.

This is all ridiculous, and I say this as someone who also has multiple preorders.

BruceCLea

Banned
Really? When I bought a Switch a few weeks ago online and my first card didn't cover the full balance it just gave me the screen again to insert another card and it added them up.

Sorry for the confusion. If you use GAMESTOP CREDIT it won't be charged until near shipping. So if you have credit left on the card DON'T USE IT UNTIL IT'S CHARGED.

Kensation

Note: You may return the bundle in full, but you cannot return particular items from the bundle. That would be cheating. Of course, if something in your bundle arrives damaged, we'll replace it.
"You must wear the Mega Man helmet and blaster for no less than 48 combined hours in the next month or you will be charged an extra 80% of the bundle price."

Psykoboy2

I know for certain I got one. I was physically in GameStop and put down the pre-order there. If those UK orders hold from WAY BACK, then I have 2 and if that GameTrust Amazon thing from early ass this morning was legit, then I've got 3.

Regardless, I've got that GameStop one in writing with a receipt so I can relax now.

Now I can enjoy PAX without worrying about this happening next week.

MrBenchmark

Got mine in store at GameStop they had 8 allocated there were 4 of us in store rang out then I watched the two employees ring each other out while telling people on the phone they had no more.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
live look at Nintendo's supply chain office.
0333_t9kgp.gif

Audioboxer

Okay chaps, pls cancel your Amazon UK pre-orders if you snag a US one. No scalping, I want to Amazon UK to open up some orders again kthnx.

I got one for me at Best Buy last night, but I have two friends I'm also trying to get them for. Somehow I feel like I want it for them more than they want it themselves.

Are you me? Or are you my friend already?
Because I already got secured one at BB, but two of my friends were asleep and missed it. They're telling me not to worry, but my anxiety is still up lmao.

sotojuan

Am I wasting my time with the GameStop ap, or am I just impatient? Nothing is going into my cart.

Wasn't working for me an hour ago with perfect wifi. The app is broken or their servers suck.

--

Anyone know if Thinkgeek orders ship on the 29th or if they are delivered on the 29th?

spad3

Am I wasting my time with the GameStop ap, or am I just impatient? Nothing is going into my cart.

I think the GameStop ones are done.

ThinkGeek right now is the only active one but with ludicrous extras that are driving up the price.

TBH, it's probably cheaper than a scalper price
even though this is practically scalping. No one is buying that extra junk over at ThinkGeek and they're just getting rid of excess inventory by slapping it on with the console at insane prices.

Seriously, who does this benefit. Hopefully this backfires on them at some point.

Backfire how? They have a limited means of production and are selling every unit they can produce. They said from the get go this is going to be a limited product available only until the end of this year.
This is a popular product that is selling out, what would you like them to do? It's not like they have a product no one is buying but is still in limited supply. Wii Us were plentiful for this reason.

Sold out faster than it took for you to type that up. Hardly even exaggerating.

Walmart sold out in ~20 seconds.

yup for 5 secs

You should get another shot on launch day

Walmart went up last night. They're gone.

Walmart went up hours ago. Toys r us is your only hope.
Goddamn
And I didn't get the notification email either. Fuck this

Gamestop's website is still down, but conveniently pointing you to ThinkGeek, in case anyone is wondering.

Guess the site won't come back up until those $300 bundles get sold.

I think the GameStop ones are done.

ThinkGeek right now is the only active one but with ludicrous extras that are driving up the price.

TBH, it's probably cheaper than a scalper price
even though this is practically scalping. No one is buying that extra junk over at ThinkGeek and they're just getting rid of excess inventory by slapping it on with the console at insane prices.

I can't get the TG site to complete an order. I had it sitting on "complete order" spinning for 10 minutes.

*shrug*

Top Bottom