• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

1000%. They don't even have the excuse of not knowing what demand would be, as they had a similar product in the market last year.

I thought the NES thing was poorly handled. I think this one has been ineptly handled.

Not ineptly..............it's seeming to be intentionally handled almost with contempt for their consumers and fanbase. Complete lack of respect. As if they enjoy the scrambling, stress and scalping that ensues from their artificial scarcity. There's really almost a hint of malice to it. Absolutely no excuses this time.....

1000%. They don't even have the excuse of not knowing what demand would be, as they had a similar product in the market last year.

I thought the NES thing was poorly handled. I think this one has been ineptly handled.
Preorders aren't the only stock though. Yeah it's still gonna be a hassle to get when it's released (have to wait in line at a store or get lucky during a restock), but folks who didn't get a pre order are acting like they missed their one and only chance ever to get the thing.

Manzanas

Neo Member
Wait so what ended up happening with Amazon?
I pre-ordered that weird link last night. Does that mean I have an order secured or did an official link go up that I missed.

jmizzal

I ordered the 140 dollar bundle and dont have enough money but the order went through.

Used paypal before i realized.

If you used paypal you should be good, its just an authorization the money wont come out until release date

I use paypal and my paypal debit card to preorder everything now, its connected to my bank account but no money comes out til release date

I really do hate the culture Nintendo has created around their products.

Being sold out everywhere 30 minutes after the pre orders are up (probably sooner), and legitimately thinking there won't be another opportunity to purchase their product. It is really frustrating.

Lol I wish I lived in the paradise alternate universe where these things stayed up for 30 minutes.

Heck, a minute or two would be a pleasant improvement.

I really do hate the culture Nintendo has created around their products.

Being sold out everywhere 30 minutes after the pre orders are up (probably sooner), and legitimately thinking there won't be another opportunity to purchase their product. It is really frustrating.

Seriously, who does this benefit. Hopefully this backfires on them at some point.

.J.

Banned
Really disgusted that not a single retailer with whom I'd signed up for notification sent out an e-mail. To truly make this fair, the thing to do would have been to send out an e-mail saying, "pre-orders for the SNES Classic Edition will go up at 3pm Standard on 8/22/17," and so everyone could go for it at once. This dropping shit at random in extremely limited supply is complete garbage. I literally do not have the time to sit around refreshing websites or checking NeoGAF constantly.

tier1dc

Love thinkgeek's product terms and conditions.

Note: You may return the bundle in full, but you cannot return particular items from the bundle. That would be cheating. Of course, if something in your bundle arrives damaged, we'll replace it.

giphy.gif

BriGuy

Check your spam folders if you ordered through thinkgeek. My email routed it there because it probably sensed it was full of useless crap.

Keep clicking "preorder now" at Target like a crazy person

I actually managed to get it in my cart right when it went live, but it wouldn't let me checkout and when I refreshed my browser it was removed from the cart. :(

Thankfully I live close enough to a Gamestop that I was able to snag a preorder there. 6 or 7 more people came in just after me and at least one of them wasn't able to get one because they had under 10 coming to the store and I was number 4.

Cashier was pretty funny, I said "I think you can guess what I want to get" and she said "Used Xbox 360!"
The other woman working there thought she was serious for a second, haha.

ASaiyan

Banned
Well fellas, I fought and died in this battle. No preorders for me anywhere. Just leave me where I fell. And make sure to tell the children our story.

jmizzal

Can you return the bundled items at thinkgeek?

You can return them to gamestop

Last year I got two NES mini bundles and returned everything I didnt want got full refunds.

But later Gamestop caught on and started up charging and not allowing you to return stuff at full price.

I have no idea how they will do it now tho, prob the latter

Edit:
You maybe talking about orders through thinkgeek, my orders were through gamestop with thinkgeek items so maybe not

The Ummah

Banned
Can't get my mind off of securing one of these. This is so ridiculous. How are they going to spin this one? Demand has been there since the NES circus. No excuses now, what the hell is this?

NolbertoS

Wait so what ended up happening with Amazon?
I pre-ordered that weird link last night. Does that mean I have an order secured or did an official link go up that I missed.

No official link and so far nobody on amazon CS can confirm it was from them. Some people have claimed its from amazon, so it wouldn't surpeise me that they created s dumny link to fool bots and scaplers last night

Murugo

My shady Amazon preorder is real and you cannot tell me otherwise.

Gamestop is a lost cause where I live and those ThinkGeek bundles are laughable.

BlueSteel

I had to bail the line at gamestop after over 1.5 HOURS. They kept saying it was down and had only processed 4 preorders after this time.

Fuck them.

Hexer06

Does anyone know if you got that Paypal email saying you are "preapproved for payment plans" if that means you officially got an order? The site crapped out right after that and i never got a confirmation number or anything. I did get that Paypal email though.

Can't get my mind off of securing one of these. This is so ridiculous. How are they going to spin this one? Demand has been there since the NES circus. No excuses now, what the hell is this?

Q4 demand. Releases riiiiiiight at the end of Q3 (not sure on their fiscal year, so I could be wrong), but make the demand higher for Christmas. They'll own another holiday season and be the hottest item again.

It's just a really, really low class way of going about it.

Top Bottom