• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Even though I got one I'm not gone lie I DO want an extra but not really to flip immediately. I just want to hold onto it as a collector's item BUT...if during the time I'm holding onto it the price for it goes through the roof then at that time I MAY consider selling it. I'm thinking years later perhaps

Aside from that, It's just comforting to know I have one to play and one still in the plastic...kinda like my "emergency maneuvers" stash

spad3

If history goes to show anything, Nintendo will sneak in waves of product.

I reserved my Switch at launch, picked it up day 1, found out by the end of the week it was sold out.

Went to Best Buy the following week, saw them getting a shipment in and bought one for a friend without a reserve.

Last year I was at Target and they got a shipment of like 8 NES Classics, the associate even asked me if I wanted one when I was in line to buy a phone charger no reserve nothing
i didn't buy it because I didn't care for it. Should've gotten it to resell it i guess but i'm not into all that scalping business

There's still a chance that retailers might have some extras but don't expect any extra on launch day.

robochimp

Lol at the people saying trying to get a second one for a friend or a present.......

I'm opening my SNES from gamestop the second I get it and if somehow my amazon uk pre-order arrives, I'm putting that mofo on ebay.

It's not unreasonable, my brother and I grew up playing the SNES. I get one and he gets one for Christmas.

sooo i tried going through one of those ThinkGeek bundles but it froze at the very last step. so i assumed it didnt' work. and now I JUST got a confirmation email, like 4 hours later.

...so i guess i got it?

I currently have two of the UK model. Sadly was unable to obtain a US version, but hoped to give one to my best friend. Anyone interested in trading a US for a UK version? PM me!

Lol at the people saying trying to get a second one for a friend or a present.......

I'm opening my SNES from gamestop the second I get it and if somehow my amazon uk pre-order arrives, I'm putting that mofo on ebay.

Ain't nothing wrong with that.

Heck, if my niece or nephew end up not wanting it (I'm sure my nephew will), I'll sell it too. Extra money for Christmas time.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
How did I miss every single pre-order :(

SpecX

For real. That fuckin Walmart preorder was absurd.

That was one for the history books. I will retell this tale to my grand kids about how Nintendo screwed up yet another high demand item and how close I was obtaining this from Walmart.com only to have the rug snatched from beneath me.

RRockman

Banned
Oh crap at that thread title change! Nintendo needs to make more, there shouldn't be a manufacturing issue for this like the switch!

atom519

How did I miss every single pre-order :(

You need to be on time!

tumblr_okr2noxs4c1r8eddeo1_250.gif

Akoi

I almost had the target one twice... ALMOST BUT PAYPAL WANTED ME TO RELOG IN EACH TIME....RAGE.....

I used to work in downtown Seattle (got my SNES classic from the treasure truck there last year) I might have to go up there that day or something...

Finally got one through Target about an hour before they eventually went out of stock. What a weird state that site was in the whole afternoon. Spent way too long tapping 'Add to Cart' to finally get through the full checkout process.

Kirye

Missed all these damn preorders. Hope my Amazon.uk one doesn't cancel.

I don't even know why I want this so much, except for Starfox 2 I have these games physical on the SNES.

Ovid

Oh crap at that thread title change! Nintendo needs to make more, there shouldn't be a manufacturing issue for this like the switch!

I don't know what in-store stock will look like after Sept. 29th but I hope Nintendo actually provides ample supply.

Common sense would dictate that with Gen X AND Millenials growing up with this console there would be huge demand.

I'm going to be so paranoid about my 4:30 am Amazon pre-order all the way up to September 29th.

You should be.

The only preorder I have confidence in is a brick and mortar preorder.

Missed all these damn preorders. Hope my Amazon.uk one doesn't cancel.

I don't even know why I want this so much, except for Starfox 2 I have these games physical on the SNES.

Because it's cool?

Ovid

Wait what happen? All the preorders went up? WHEN?
Various times starting around 1am EST this morning.

Spad had a great update:

UPDATED RECAP:

RECAP OF TODAY FOR THOSE JUST JOINING/VIEWING THIS THREAD FOR A PRAYER/BEACON OF HOPE:

BestBuy.com and Amazon.com opened their reserves in the middle of the night. Their reserves were up for a really long time in comparison to the rest because everyone was asleep.

Walmart.com opened reserves for 5 seconds [no joke] before selling out.

Target.com apparently was opening reserves in waves and there's a in-browser command you can use to spam the pre-order button, which then added to cart and may or may not still be there by the time you actually get to checkout. People have had success, others have not. I myself have been cart-jacked 7 times.The pre-order button now has disappeared and has been replaced with "Coming Soon" like Best Buy's site. Some people have reported that their orders have been cancelled if they were placed 45 mins prior to 3:20pm PST

GameStop.com opened reserves online, sold out within 30 seconds or so before their site crashed, crash landing page redirected users to ThinkGeek.

ThinkGeek.com had consoles available but only in Bundles. Bundles came with useless shit with prices ranging from 139 all the way up to 300+

GameStop stores opened reserves and each location has an EXTREMELY limited allotment [average is about 10 per store]. Physical stores still have some up from what people are posting but only 1-2 per store from what I've seen. I managed to reserve mine at a physical location.

Toys R Us announced via Twitter that they will NOT be doing online reserves and it will be a first-come-first serve basis on the day of release. They don't give a fuck about human lives.

Hope this helps anyone trying to catch up. All of the above aside from BB and Amazon happened from 9am PST to about 2pm PST

The thread name was changed to mimic the actual events of today.

As of this writing, GameStop Bundles are currently the only way to reserve one other than the launch-day Toys R Us armageddon.

Good luck everyone.

NeOak

UPDATED RECAP:

RECAP OF TODAY FOR THOSE JUST JOINING/VIEWING THIS THREAD FOR A PRAYER/BEACON OF HOPE:

BestBuy.com and Amazon.com opened their reserves in the middle of the night. Their reserves were up for a really long time in comparison to the rest because everyone was asleep.

Walmart.com opened reserves for 5 seconds [no joke] before selling out.

Target.com apparently was opening reserves in waves and there's a in-browser command you can use to spam the pre-order button, which then added to cart and may or may not still be there by the time you actually get to checkout. People have had success, others have not. I myself have been cart-jacked 7 times.The pre-order button now has disappeared and has been replaced with "Coming Soon" like Best Buy's site. Some people have reported that their orders have been cancelled if they were placed 45 mins prior to 3:20pm PST

GameStop.com opened reserves online, sold out within 30 seconds or so before their site crashed, crash landing page redirected users to ThinkGeek.

ThinkGeek.com had consoles available but only in Bundles. Bundles came with useless shit with prices ranging from 139 all the way up to 300+

GameStop stores opened reserves and each location has an EXTREMELY limited allotment [average is about 10 per store]. Physical stores still have some up from what people are posting but only 1-2 per store from what I've seen. I managed to reserve mine at a physical location.

Toys R Us announced via Twitter that they will NOT be doing online reserves and it will be a first-come-first serve basis on the day of release. They don't give a fuck about human lives.

Hope this helps anyone trying to catch up. All of the above aside from BB and Amazon happened from 9am PST to about 2pm PST

The thread name was changed to mimic the actual events of today.

As of this writing, GameStop Bundles are currently the only way to reserve one other than the launch-day Toys R Us armageddon.

Good luck everyone.

added to OP

poodaddy

Yeah, lol at the people who don't live for profit and would rather see a loved one smile, what losers right?!

You're what's wrong with this world

Wait Amazon did their preorders and I never got an email for it?

At 1-2AM PST, Amazon for some weird reason had another product listing where they were supposedly actually selling the SNES Classic under a weird ass title name (which some people managed to link it to other Nintendo products). So if you had email notifications from the product listing that has been on Amazon since the announcement than you will not have gotten notified because it was never open for pre-orders in that listing.

Yeah what a shitshow today was indeed.

Failed at least twice during Target checkout. GameStop checkout did the same. So much false hope.

Ugh really don't want to arrive way early at a brick & mortar store on launch day...

Top Bottom