• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

In regards to the amazon stuff:

Id guess it was a product sold by a third party, but fullfilled by Amazon. They do that kind of often. If that was the case, then Amazon has still yet to go.

The only way Nintendo could rectify this issue is to put out amazing Virtual Console support. And I mean it has to be INCREDIBLE. The Snes classic was instantly made valuable with the inclusion of Star Fox 2. So if this is the only way to play that game, then we're shit outta luck.

NeOak

The only way Nintendo could rectify this issue is to put out amazing Virtual Console support. And I mean it has to be INCREDIBLE. The Snes classic was instantly made valuable with the inclusion of Star Fox 2. So if this is the only way to play that game, then we're shit outta luck.

SOL - The World.

Did Starfox 2 ever leak or will this literally be the first time that anyone gets the chance to play it?

First time. Hopefully it comes to Switch VC since I'm betting I am not getting a SNES Mini

Well I have a Raspberry Pi3 now so I guess it's on Nintendo if I can't give them my money. IDK.

I can't fucking believe Nintendo doesn't understand how many people are going to go this route and ruin the need for the next classic.

LowParry

I'd be tempted to do a straight trade of a NES for a SNES classic. But we'll see if Amazon is kind enough to do another run that's Prime only.

chrono01

Just wait until they do a GBA Classic Mini that has Mother 3.

Was available at Target for a moment, but out of stock when trying to add to cart

edit: target has the add to cart option, but says out of stock when trying to add.

NeonBlack

Best Buy and Amazon went up at like 3AM. Target, Gamestop, and Walmart all went up at around 1PM PT.

Yup, most sites already took preorders and sold out.

It was all a dream

Various times starting around 1am EST this morning.

Spad had a great update:

giphy.gif

Was surprised I actually got in on the Walmart PO today. I had succeeded in getting in on their first one and then it got cancelled,figured I'd never score one. Luckily today was my day off,spent the whole day pretty much looking through this thread,missed out on Target,struck out at Gamestop store and the others. I will be off on release day and will be scouting for more and if I score another I'll be offering it up here at cost,its the least I could do to give back to the Neogaf community.

Afrocious

Does anyone have concrete times for how long it took for these to sell out at various sites? I'm genuinely curious.

Best Buy was like 20 minutes. Amazon seems to be about the same.

The rest were literal seconds. Target was weird because you had to be lucky to even add the console to the cart. This lasted a while though. About a few hours.

Does anyone have concrete times for how long it took for these to sell out at various sites? I'm genuinely curious.

Look forward to seeing this as well. My experience was 20 mns at BBY, 20 seconds at Walmart, and similar at Target though folks were able to intermittently add later.

chrono01

How can Nintendo be this boneheaded? What's their excuse a year after the NES shitshow? They didn't learn anything from that experience!
Probably something the lines of them underestimating demand (again), with the promise that more (i.e., a very small amount) will be made available through selected retailers, and that they'll try to gauge demand a bit better next time (spoiler, they won't).

Apparenlty a Thinkgeek bundle preorder went through, as I just got a confirmation email for it, which is pretty weird because every time I tried to complete checkout the site would hang. I'll probably wait a few days before canceling it. Not too confident in the Target order sticking around as that one barely went through not long before the stock finally ran out, and apparently people have been reporting cancellations.

At least scalpers will eventually get them into the hands of people who want them versus the countless ones that will sit sealed on someone's shelf while they play a second one

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
In regards to the amazon stuff:

Id guess it was a product sold by a third party, but fullfilled by Amazon. They do that kind of often. If that was the case, then Amazon has still yet to go.

Ummm no.

jviggy43

Tim on Kinda Funny said his insiders said that the number of units shipped was absolutely NOT more abundant than the NEs mini; rather it was the same. Fucking nintendo.

I don't just blame nintendo, I also blame scalpers. Fuck em.

I dunno man. Nintendo of America must be aware of the scalping of the NES Minis. I'm sure they expect scalpers here (not that they'd care).

Also, Amazon letting that guy get like 70 consoles? At some point, you gotta blame the retailers or producers because people see things like the NES Mini scalping and realize it's a quick buck... I bet lots of them don't even like games.

I was happy with how GameSpot did it, or at least part of their allotment. Having to show up to the store and only one preorder per customer is very fair, hard for scalpers to exploit and impossible for bots. I'm sure it's still not fair for those who couldn't get out of work but still more fair than most of the online retailers I tried to buy from.

As for their "Thinkgeek" "bundles" now that was some shit.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Tim on Kinda Funny said his insiders said that the number of units shipped was absolutely NOT more abundant than the NEs mini; rather it was the same. Fucking nintendo.

If true...a giant massive middle finger as usual to Nintendo.

[QUOTE="D";246756734]Don't give them ideas, please[/QUOTE]
Too late, Star Fox 2 is being put on the SNES mini. Nintendo isn't stupid to that. They will continue to play their marketing strategies because they work. This threads responses is prime example of how well it works out for them.

Top Bottom