• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

zulux21

I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually cancel separate orders too, otherwise why not leave orders of 2?

if you are talking about amazon I would be surprised.

in general if you want multiples of a limited item on amazon make multiple orders.

they almost never cancel them even when they reduce orders like this.

Nydius

I'd be more worried if I reserved at Best Buy. They have a history of accepting orders, confirming those orders, and then cancelling them close to release. The same applies to Walmart, who should be even more untrustworthy considering that they cancelled preorders in July because it was "too early." I don't think Walmart understands what "pre" means.

Not gonna lie: Every day I check my e-mail half expecting an email from Walmart telling me they've cancelled my order. Until I actually have the damn thing in my hands (supposedly on the 6th of October), I'm going to be slightly anxious about Walmart screwing me over.

IrishNinja

Ive ordered three things from them in the past and received two of them. Third one just got lost in the mail.

The other two got delivered to me, they took forever though to reach me in the states. Almost a month iirc with the cheapest shipping option and they also weren't items that said U.K. only fwiw.

well, that's somewhat reassuring...though im pretty sure this one did say UK only, really hoping they don't cancel me in about a month or so!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So, I ordered 3 SNES classics on Amazon with 3 separate orders, I'm good?
Hard to say. I ordered 2 via two orders & I never got the email, plus I still see them in my Orders page.

Part of me wants to see if I can change the shipping address to my friend's location just to be safe, but I fear changing anything will result in it being cancelled later on.

Juraash

Not gonna lie: Every day I check my e-mail half expecting an email from Walmart telling me they've cancelled my order. Until I actually have the damn thing in my hands (supposedly on the 6th of October), I'm going to be slightly anxious about Walmart screwing me over.

I've been doing this with my Target order since I got one. I basically assume nothing until it's out of the box at my house.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Better off mailing it to him after you actually get it than completely being left out of getting one.
Yeah, that's what I figured, especially since I work with him 3 days of the week.

I guess it's worth mentioning that I got 2 copies of the "we may miss your delivery promise" email, one for each order & both said the same thing, nothing about cancelling additional quantities. So I could be in the clear?

Haha, same here. I'm shocked I landed the preorder in the 20 seconds it was up. I feel like it's not really mine until it's in my hands. I find myself checking my order constantly throughout the day.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I swear, if I make a pre-order on Walmart just as a "backup", Amazon will fulfill both orders & I'll be stuck with a 3rd copy that I don't need.

If I don't, something will happen with Amazon & they'll cancel one of them, leaving me to try & find another copy, making me wish I ordered on Walmart.

At the very least, best of luck to those ordering via Walmart.

ChrisV

Got one! I got the tweet, then went to the page I was going to before, and nothing. Came here to check, clicked the link and checked out so fast. Haha

Algebrah

Nothing under recent order yet.

6+pound+tumor+_daa6ac524d1f6d68705aeaa32ee72144.jpg

atomsk

Party Pooper
No confirmation email and not in my order history.

Don't have much faith in this one.

edit: pending charge on my credit card because of course there is :lol

HoodWinked

got my order in but it doesnt even show up in recent orders. also there was no limit.

i even got an order # but i dont think these orders went through.

edit: okay i got a confirmation mail.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It let me order from walmart, let's see what happens.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
No confirmation email and my account page shows no open orders, but I got to the "thank you for your order" page and it shows an order #

I dunno, I'm gonna assume I'm fucked.

edit: yeah it's showing out of stock now, I lose. Grats you guys.

Top Bottom