• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

I got one and am very thankful for it, but good lord people, DO NOT buy more than one while there are still shortages. I don't care if it's a 'gift' for your immediate family members. If they wanted one that badly they would have preordered it themselves.

I don't get this line of thinking. If the product is available for a limited time frame and there's a fixed amount being made, what difference does it make if you buy an extra now or buy an extra later? You're still removing the same amount from the total pool.

I havent gotten any alerts but as I understand it, the retailers are switching the links to counteract the bots. I had the system in my cart like half a dozen times through target and kept getting kicked out when I tried to input my CC.

Follow Wario64. Set up notifications on your phone or better yet use a smartwatch so you see them instantly without having to grab your phone. He'll have the correct links.

I say less than 10% are really gifting the extra systems they ordered and the people that do get them as gifts will find out they can get $500+ for it and just sell it. But that's the way Nintendo set it up so whatever.

You wouldn't do that for a friend, or have the same done for you? Not everyone is out to make a buck.

I'm going to be real honest:
I got one today from WalMart and I don't even want the damn thing. I'm just going to put it in the B/S/T if these end up fetching rare prices or cancel my order if they're a dime a dozen by launch.

I will give you EIGHTY American Dollars for it. Direct to your PayPal. You keep change. Is very generous.

Toki767

A lot of people on GAF are super generous from what I've seen over the years so I generally give people the benefit of the doubt.

But obviously there are always a minority here looking to make a quick buck.

I will give you EIGHTY American Dollars for it. Direct to your PayPal. You keep change. Is very generous.
He'd be losing money on tax. :p

Man, missed another preorder time?

I think all my luck for putting up with this bullshit from Nintendo ran out last year by getting that $99 new 3DS on Black Friday.

Same. And then getting an NES classic when they were available for 9 minutes on Amazon in February. This means I am in debt to the Nintendo Fortune Goddess.

I'm scared.

ReyVGM

I havent gotten any alerts but as I understand it, the retailers are switching the links to counteract the bots. I had the system in my cart like half a dozen times through target and kept getting kicked out when I tried to input my CC.

You solve that easily by making an account and saving your CC info.

lucius

That's an insanely low number, why does someone have a reason to lie on the internet (LOL)? If someone is gonna scalp they are either gonna brag or not say anything at all.

On GAF I would agree it's likely many will be really gifted but actuallly people ordering multiple systems for family or friends yeah that's has to extremely low. So maybe I didn't say it right

Kaizer

Banned
Think I'll be staying up till 5AM at least tonight. Got Twitter installed on my phone, setup notifications for Wario64 & got my Phone ringer at max volume. Sure, it might buzz loudly two dozen times a day, but I'm not missing this thing if it goes back up on Amazon!

Follow Wario64. Set up notifications on your phone or better yet use a smartwatch so you see them instantly without having to grab your phone. He'll have the correct links.

Thanks, I understand his twitter feed is hot so I guess I'll have to join that site lol. I must be one of the few people on earth without a twitter account.

You solve that easily by making an account and saving your CC info.

I had an account set-up on the that morning just to get in on the action, didn't get prompted to save my CC info and I guess it slipped my mind. My bad....that said if you manage to get a system in your cart to checkout, the site could give you a 1-2 minute grace period to input your information. I also read on here that some people had their CC info saved, were still prompted to input it....and lost out.

Think I'll be staying up till 5AM at least tonight. Got Twitter installed on my phone, setup notifications for Wario64 & got my Phone ringer at max volume. Sure, it might buzz loudly two dozen times a day, but I'm not missing this thing if it goes back up on Amazon!

Why does everyone recommend Wario64? He tweets stuff nobody cares about constantly throughout the day and his pre-order notifications are often delayed.

Nowinstock by comparison will only notify you when a pre-order is available, and it's all automated so it will come within seconds. Today I go the Walmart alert from Nowinstock at 3:20pm PST. The Wario64 tweet didn't go out until 3:28pm PST.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Why does everyone recommend Wario64? He tweets stuff nobody cares about constantly throughout the day and his pre-order notifications are often delayed.

Nowinstock by comparison will only notify you when a pre-order is available, and it's all automated so it will come within seconds. Today I go the Walmart alert from Nowinstock at 3:20pm PST. The Wario64 tweet didn't go out until 3:28pm PST.

Yeah I can't stand following wario64 because of his nonstop spam

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Man I hope today's walmart orders are legit. I'm so happy to have one locked in and not have to worry about this nonsense anymore.

mrjohill

Wario64 is a treasure

lucius

I only realized tonight to get notifications from Wario64 twitter I needed to turn it on in his profile at least on iOS. Darn I missed some deals because if that.

Because his feed works? I find it a great resource of gaming deals, major gaming news, and the occasional tech deal like the free Amazon Echo Dots, and the occasional relevant movie news/trailers announcements.

I've saved so much money because of him and he usually is first or close enough to being first. On occasion he's not, but I'd say 99% of the time he is. Even him being late today with the Walmart preorder, I still got one from his notification.

Maybe it's because I use a smartwatch, but his spam is very inconsequential because I just glance at my wrist and move on if I'm not interested. Just look at how many times he's credited for a deal or notification on this forum; that's why people heavily recommend him.

Maybe it's because I use a smartwatch, but his spam is very inconsequential because I just glance at my wrist and move on if I'm not interested. Just look at how many times he's credited for a deal or notification on this forum; that's why people heavily recommend him.
My notification tone is an arrow and between him and cag, it sounds like my phone is constantly getting boners.

All day long.

I just remember now in stock completely blew it for fire emblem fates. I didn't get a notification or anything. Wario 64 is a lifesaver

Because his feed works? I find it a great resource of gaming deals, major gaming news, and the occasional tech deal like the free Amazon Echo Dots, and the occasional relevant movie news/trailers announcements.

I've saved so much money because of him and he usually is first or close enough to being first. On occasion he's not, but I'd say 99% of the time he is. Even him being late today with the Walmart preorder, I still got one from his notification.

I was going to say almost the exact same thing. I consider Wario64 a service that I would actually pay for haha! And yeah, I have an Apple Watch, and totally enjoy all the updates throughout the day.

NolbertoS

He's the bot we need, but he hero we don't deserve. Ever since I followed Wario64 after the NES Classic fiasco he's been a lifesaver. He's better than brickseek and CAG for deals

Kaizer

Banned

Maybe I setup something wrong, but I haven't received jackshit from my Nowinstock notifications. They haven't notified me once. I can always count on Wario64 though.

I feel that I should unfollow Wario precisely because he finds so many good deals for stuff I like. He's making me spend more money than I should.

My notification tone is an arrow and between him and cag, it sounds like my phone is constantly getting boners.

All day long.

Well CAG is every way more spammy than Wario64 is. Every time I think CAG is redundant, they once in a while throw up something worthy before Wario64, but ya having both i can see being ab it much but that's cuz CAG is way more spammy.

I was going to say almost the exact same thing. I consider Wario64 a service that I would actually pay for haha! And yeah, I have an Apple Watch, and totally enjoy all the updates throughout the day.
Heh, you kinda already do pay him if you use his links to buy stuff off Amazon =)

Maybe I setup something wrong, but I haven't received jackshit from my Nowinstock notifications. They haven't notified me once. I can always count on Wario64 though.

Yeah, the nowinstock interface isn't very intuitive, and it's easy to not have it configured properly. But when you finally get it set up it seems to work well.

Are you using the Google Group notifications for NowInStock? Set that up in addition to the standard alerts. I set that up with text forwarding (you set the forwarding up in gmail).

Spacebar

The gaf discord has been faster than wario64 in some cases. Just have the mobile app and when someone does @everyone you get an alert.

Seriously folks-- just turn on notifications for Wario64's twitter account and have your accounts ready to go for all retailers. It's that easy.

i started getting notifications from wario last week, and have started buying way too much. I got an 80 dollar headset last week for 10 dollars. Idk why, i dont need a headset. But id have been losing money if i skipped it.

Erekiddo

I have 2 European and 2 US models preordered. I cancelled my 3rd European one as after the exchange rate, it'd be around $120USD.

I'll gladly sell the remainder here at cost, just planning on keeping 1 US model.

Good lord the salt in these last couple pages.

lolol at telling people to only buy one out of courtesy and not to buy any for "family or friends". wtf
that just makes me want to not rest easy with my preorders and buy more tbh.

I'm going to be real honest:
I got one today from WalMart and I don't even want the damn thing. I'm just going to put it in the B/S/T if these end up fetching rare prices or cancel my order if they're a dime a dozen by launch.

Save it man! Its gonna be a collectors item.

Top Bottom