• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

MechaX

Good lord the salt in these last couple pages.

lolol at telling people to only buy one out of courtesy and not to buy any for "family or friends". wtf
that just makes me want to not rest easy with my preorders and buy more tbh.

And we've looped right back from "fuck family and friends, 1 order, Fox only, Final Destination" to a firm "Fuck you, gots mine, tempted to fuck more people out of spite"

This thread really is bringing the worst out of people.

Don't have to be a dick about it.

This stuff is obviously selling out fast. If people are buying extras for their friends or family who aren't in the know or on top of it like we are, more power to them. No need to shame them or call them scalpers.

And we've looped right back from "fuck family and friends, 1 order, Fox only, Final Destination" to a firm "Fuck you, gots mine, tempted to fuck more people out of spite"

This thread really is bringing the worst out of people.

Sorry if my comment offended some people. The "You should only order one.." & "your friends and family have credit cards too, they should order their own" comments irk me. The majority of "Friends and family" category are likely not on top of this and this stuff is selling out within minutes...In this situation, thinking about the amount of time it would take to message friends or family and for them to sign on and input all their payment info in a sufficient time is laughable.

And yeah, if I had a chance I would preorder more than I have because I have a good handful of family or friends that would love this thing..its their greatest console of all time, but I am in ease mode since I have mine and my brothers preorders down (i hope).

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Yeah I don't know which Now In stock twitter handle folks are following but I never got a single notification from the this entire week.

Wario was on point though. Is this the right twitter handle?

https://twitter.com/nowinstock/status/901072342176149505
Pretty sure people mean the site when they say NIS.

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendosnesclassicedition/

But even that has missed some of the listings that were available earlier this week.

Kaizer

Banned
But what if I'm in the middle of having sex or something?

You can (hypothetically) have sex an unlimited number of times, but there are only a limited number of SNES Classics. Choose wisely friends. Choose wisely.

reece.jpg

LosDaddie

Banned
A preemptive FUCK YOU to Walmart, you miserable fucks. Fuck you!!

That said, here goes Round #2 for me & Walmart. I was in the initial group who Walmart screwed over back in July. So I won't believe my 2 preorders this time are legitimate until they ship.

So again, FUCK YOU to Walmart, you heartless fucks. I know you'll break my heart again.

ReyVGM

That said, here goes Round #2 for me & Walmart. I was in the initial group who Walmart screwed over back in July. So I won't believe my 2 preorders this time are legitimate until they ship.

So again, FUCK YOU to Walmart, you heartless fucks. I know you'll break my heart again.

Pre-emptive fuckyous now? People are losing their damned minds.

bronk

Banned

I love this! Im with you haha

It's like an IO(fuckyo)U

LosDaddie

Banned
I got in on Walmart today by having Wario on notifications, but earlier in the week I was in on Walmart and Target within the first 30 seconds and still got screwed. It's not as easy as people are making it seem.

It makes me think it's another glitch in Walmart's system and the preorders from tonight will be cancelled. The preorders were up for far too long this time.

eh...I'm still salty from losing my legit preorders from Walmart last time. So yes, a big FUCK YOU to Walmart until my SNES' ship.

nahlakhai

I was able to get a Walmart preorder earlier today but I put in the wrong apartment number under line 2 for my address. Am I fucked? The only online info about changing shipping address just shows info for canceling the entire order.

I was able to get a Walmart preorder earlier today but I put in the wrong apartment number under line 2 for my address. Am I fucked? The only online info about changing shipping address just shows info for canceling the entire order.

Rest in pepperoni

I could be wrong.

MrMephistoX

Hold off you can always change it once things are more stable. I'd call though.

MrMephistoX

It makes me think it's another glitch in Walmart's system and the preorders from tonight will be cancelled. The preorders were up for far too long this time.

eh...I'm still salty from losing my legit preorders from Walmart last time. So yes, a big FUCK YOU to Walmart until my SNES' ship.

Walmart would have to be incompetent to have two rounds of botched pre-orders. Scalpers and bots were prepared for Monday but it's harder for random events popping up without warning especially if it's a brand new link.

jgwhiteus

I like how our expectations have been lowered so much that ~10 minutes of preorders (or whatever it was today) is considered "too long."

The previous preorder round from Walmart probably only lasted around 10 seconds or so because several people were expecting them to go up and they (and the bots) were ready to hammer the preorder page at 1 PM sharp. This time the announcement was apparently a surprise, using a different URL for the page, so there were no bots ready, which might explain why it lasted 10 minutes rather than 10 seconds - similar to the first round of Best Buy and Amazon preorders in the middle of the night lasting about 20 minutes.

bumpkin

I never have my phone near me when I go to bed, but I guess I'm going to have to enable Twitter notifications and make an exception for the next few weeks. :(

brutes

Neo Member
It makes me think it's another glitch in Walmart's system and the preorders from tonight will be cancelled. The preorders were up for far too long this time. .

Considering the snes classic was unlisted/unsearchable from walmarts site.
You're probably right.

Weevilone

I like how our expectations have been lowered so much that ~10 minutes of preorders (or whatever it was today) is considered "too long."

The previous preorder round from Walmart probably only lasted around 10 seconds or so because several people were expecting them to go up and they (and the bots) were ready to hammer the preorder page at 1 PM sharp. This time the announcement was apparently a surprise, using a different URL for the page, so there were no bots ready, which might explain why it lasted 10 minutes rather than 10 seconds - similar to the first round of Best Buy and Amazon preorders in the middle of the night lasting about 20 minutes.

Seriously, fuck Nintendo for doing this again.

Kenai

Did a lot of people get wal-mart orders cancelled?

Most of us in the other thread who got an order in got confirmation emails. Sometimes they took awhile though (over an hour). Still not too trusting until we actually get em, of course.

I got my nowinstock standard SMS alert at 6:28 EST, no google group forwarding or anything

That's a bit too slow to be reliable then imo. I saw the GAF thread around 6:10 and I think they went up around 6.

Wait, Walmart was back in stock today???

How long are we talking about? I'm was working so I'm not in the know of all this.

Right around 6:00 est, lasted ~20 min. That's doesn't seen like a super long (or short) time to me considering it was out of left field and on a new page, but eh. Not an expert...

Hopefully the Walmart pre-order holds. #BelieveInManny

I feel kinda scummy for trying to get another one, but I really want to get my older one for Christmas, since the SNES is his favorite console of all time and he can play along with his son.

I'm also glad I don't use PayPal since every time there's a hot item up for pre-order, seems like PayPal fucks people over when trying to use it as a payment method.

Weevilone

Hopefully the Walmart pre-order holds. #BelieveInManny

I feel kinda scummy for trying to get another one, but I really want to get my older one for Christmas, since the SNES is his favorite console of all time and he can play along with his son.

I'm sure there are plenty of us trying to get "another one" simply because we don't think we'll get the one we already paid for.

That's where we're apparently at these days.

I mean I've paid for 4 at GameStop but only have 1 confirmation e-mail, and I have 1 from Walmart that I think will get canceled.

I'm afraid to contact GameStop to have them kick back my Paypal monies b/c I might lose the 1 order I have.

How silly is this?

Ultra high demand product sells out throughout the week... worldwide. What were they thinking!

They still have pissed off people with money in hand wanting to buy the NES they won't produce. There's a difference between selling out and taking down the websites of major retailers.

ash321

Got like 4 pre-order on 4 different website (based Warrio64): Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Walmart. And a pre-order from Amazon UK.

I dare you to cancel my order Walmart lol. Probably gonna cancel Walmart and Target and just keep Best Buy and Amazon though.

Also if you guys don't have any luck pre-order, pretty sure Target, ToyrUS and BestBuy you can stand outside wait on the 29th. (I did with the NES classic. It was ToyrUs, because nobody remember ToyRUs will also carry this).

ReyVGM

The previous one, you mean the one in July? Not true. Those were open for 40 minutes.

boon

You can't really be that obtuse. They still have pissed off people with money in hand wanting to buy the NES they won't produce. There's a difference between selling out and taking down the websites of major retailers.
I thought these were intended to be limited run products from the very beginning. People being upset doesn't change that.

Peagles

Made two orders, but one was just cancelled saying payment details error BS (not true at all, made plenty of orders with that info before with no worries). Expect the other will follow shortly :(

Edit: Walmart I mean.

daman824

I thought these were intended to be limited run products from the very beginning. People being upset doesn't change that.

They never claimed the NES classic was a limited time product until they had pretty much discontinued it. This time around they said the snes mini would only be sold through the end of the year, but that they would be doing their best to drastically increase production so everyone could get one.

The problem is that Nintendo is horrible at communication. So instead of saying something like

"the mini nes/snes consoles were always meant to be limited quantity items and we cannot guarantee that everyone will be able to get one. However, we understand that our fans would like to play the games found on these mini consoles even if they cannot secure one, so we will look in to releasing them as bundles on other systems"

they say

"our fans are amazing and have exceeded our wildest expectations. There was no way we could have prepared for the large demand for the nes classic. But don't worry, we are taking this into account for the future and will do everything we can to make sure they are easier to get next time around!"

or they could simply make more of them...

Weevilone

They never claimed the NES classic was a limited time product until they had pretty much discontinued it.

This time around they said the snes mini would only be sold through the end of the year, but that they would be doing their best to drastically increase production so everyone could get one.

The problem is that Nintendo is horrible at communication. So instead of saying something like "the mini nes/snes consoles were always meant to be limited quantity items and we cannot guarantee that everyone will be able to get one. However, we understand that our fans would like to play the games on these mini consoles even if they cannot secure one, so we will look in to releasing them as bundles on other systems."

or they could simply make more of them...

Either that or pissing off your customers is now a business model.

Damnit Walmart and your order "glitches". I've had three SNES Classic preorders canceled by Walmart. Guess what? Glitches get stitches. I'm not ordering from Walmart anymore. One time, I returned Disney Infinity figures to Walmart and it took them 6 months to refund me. Just saying.

Top Bottom