• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I guess Nintendo could still surprise us and have reasonable and frequent restocking.

I still think a good compromise that would drive Switch sales is to make a Switch cartridge of this and the NES Collection. The prices for their emulated ROMs are baffling when compared to the hardware value. Charge ten or twenty bucks less for each collection and give us the mobile experience too.

Syriel

I honestly think they just lie with the payment issue excuse. They didn't have a problem with my payment for any other order (including stuff I ordered quite recently) using the same card and address EXCEPT for the Gold Mario Amiibo, so I'm guessing it's some BS they do to cancel orders when they oversell.

I also spoke to my bank before I got cancelled and they confirmed there were no issues, so someone is lying, and I doubt it's my bank.

I ordered relatively early too, fwiw.

Bolded is true. It is a generic error message.

A couple were cancelled due to issues with their credit cards

Nope. Not when the same save card info was just fine for a purchase prior and a purchase after.

Walmart very likely oversold its allotment due to no limits on quantity, so it started dropping orders.

I guess Nintendo could still surprise us and have reasonable and frequent restocking.

I still think a good compromise that would drive Switch sales is to make a Switch cartridge of this and the NES Collection. The prices for their emulated ROMs are baffling when compared to the hardware value. Charge ten or twenty bucks less for each collection and give us the mobile experience too.

Halo will appear as a cross platform release on the PS4 before Nintendo has reasonable and frequent restocking.

As for the cart idea, I think the masses agree. Or even just a digital bundle on 3DS or Switch.

Doubtful Nintendo would go for it though.

Silvawuff

Has anyone had a preorder from yesterday cancelled that wasn't due to botched payment information? Mine seems to be holding strong and my card was charged the full amount, and that full amount has stayed posted to my card as of right now.

This is frustrating, and a lot of the frustration is based on conjecture and the poor handling of the NES Classic (and Nintendo's hamfisted supply behavior of like, everything). I'm hoping they fixed the controller length issue -- but from the package itself, it does look a bit small still like its predecessor's.

All that said, I think there will be plenty of opportunities out there for people who really want a SNESC, to obtain one at a reasonable price.

It took more than a week for Walmart to cancel the first round of fake pre-orders. I was in that first wave of hell. The cogs of the great corporate machine turn slowly, so it's pointless to speculate now if your pre-orders are safe. Just wait until next week.

Klownicle

Neo Member
Has anyone had a preorder from yesterday cancelled that wasn't due to botched payment information? Mine seems to be holding strong and my card was charged the full amount, and that full amount has stayed posted to my card as of right now.

This is frustrating, and a lot of the frustration is based on conjecture and the poor handling of the NES Classic (and Nintendo's hamfisted supply behavior of like, everything). I'm hoping they fixed the controller length issue -- but from the package itself, it does look a bit small still like its predecessor's.

All that said, I think there will be plenty of opportunities out there for people who really want a SNESC, to obtain one at a reasonable price.

My card was charged and still cancelled. Customer service escalations told me it was oversold. 10/5 order.

cordy

Banned
I'm excited for everyone who's out here getting confirmation requests. The shit is difficult and it's hard if your order gets canceled but fuck the more the better for everyone.

Cynn

Really good idea. Starfox alone would sell em.

My Walmart order from yesterday hasn't been cancelled, but I noticed I haven't been charged. I looked at the order and the billing address is wrong. It's my old address, even though my current address is correct as the shipping, and also listed as the default for my card.

I'm on support with them now to sort this out.

People are already selling preorders for $250 a pop.

During the holiday shopping season when these things are completely sold out, they can easily go for $300+.
It's insane when you realize that's more money than a brand new Switch or PS4, for a low-power emulator box with a fixed number of games.

Syriel

It's insane when you realize that's more money than a brand new Switch or PS4, for a low-power emulator box with a fixed number of games.

It's why I never bought a NES Classic from a scalper.

At $60, a NES Classic was a nice, easy way to play some classic titles, w/o having to pull out the system and carts.

At $200+ (what most scalpers are asking) I can just buy a backup NES, plus some new games I don't have.

This is so brilliant that I'm now convinced this is exactly what's eventually going to happen.

I just want controllers. My Wii has been rocking good emulation for 10 years but I want usa snes controllers. Classic Controllers have gotten me along so far.

Why is it so expensive to design and ship good dpads?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah but most sane people aren't going to spend $300 for this, even during holidays.

When they realize that Nintendo stopped making more they will. NES classic is a bit different bc, tbh, those games all sucked. It's true. SNES includes many games that are on my personal top 50 games of all time list. Plus SF2.

Spacebar

I had a 10/3 order and a 10/5 order. Fairly different info per account so unlikely to be a duplicate cancel. But the later order was cancelled for 10/5. My 10/3 is still active.

Funny thing is my 8/22 order says "Arrives by Fri, Oct 6" and my 8/25 orders say "Arrives by Tue, Oct 3".

shingi70

Banned
I missed out the nes classic and I'm not sure if I want to try and stress to get this. I do work at a big box store so I might be able to come in early and get one.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment

What doesn't give me confidence is that Nintendo only plans to sell this thing by this year. There won't any for sale in 2018, so the Black Friday/Christmas rush and the knowledge that these are limited to this year will make these potentially harder to come by even when compared to the NES Classic.

jrcbandit

Star Fox 2 and the fact that some are already being sold for $300.

Never trust pre-sale hype. Once it launches and it goes for say $160-200ish on the first day due to so many being available on Ebay, the people who paid $300+ are going to request a refund/cancellation or do a charge back, etc. Of course by the time Christmas hits, it could very well be up to $300 if Nintendo does a crap job at restocking, on the other hand it could drop to 0 profit after fees/shipping selling for $100 on Ebay if Nintendo does what it promises and has much more available via constant restocking than the NES Classic (hahaha, as if....) Look at the Switch - it is constantly being restocked and there is 0 profit to be had selling on Ebay for $330-340 unless you are an Ebay store with lower seller fees.

Never trust pre-sale hype. Once it launches and it goes for say $160-200ish on the first day due to so many being available on Ebay, the people who paid $300+ are going to request a refund/cancellation or do a charge back, etc. Of course by the time Christmas hits, it could very well be up to $300 if Nintendo does a crap job at restocking, on the other hand it could drop to 0 profit after fees/shipping selling for $100 on Ebay if Nintendo does what it promises and has much more available via constant restocking than the NES Classic (hahaha, as if....) Look at the Switch - it is constantly being restocked and there is 0 profit to be had selling on Ebay for $330-340 unless you are an Ebay store with lower seller fees.

Why would people resell this for less than the NES classic when this actually has a game you can't get anywhere else?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
You have to download an app on your phone to get any communication.

To think grown adults on this very site insist that decision was a good one.

I started setting it up and halfway through it I realized how stupid it was and that I was never going to use it.

During the first day/ week you'll see people out list each other to try to sell fast, people with 1 or 2 consoles will want to sell fast because they are new to flipping

Some won't want to wait until November since it releases in September

Top Bottom