• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Cobalt03

Pre ordered from Amazon. Order confirmed. Now I get an email stating my sept 29th date may not be possible. There may be a delay, but I will receive my order.
No further reasoning nor timeframe for this delay is given...

MrNelson

Banned
d50e45c6ee.png

Fingers crossed the rest of them get cancelled.

Syriel

Well right now the "Preorders" are going for at average around $250

Not sure if that number will go up or down at launch.

Depends on if this is the only way to get Starfox 2, or if Nintendo does the smart thing (HA!) and releases it on VC.

The NES Classic didn't have a brand new game on it.

Syriel

30 * $80 = $2,400 before tax.

....I think that's more than some of us have in our entire bank account.

68 * $80 = $5,440

....DAMN.

Credit cards. They can front it all on a CC (get 2-5% cash back), sell pre-orders to cover cost before ship, and have the whole thing paid off, plus a bunch of stock free-and-clear, on day one of release.

Pikma

Banned
Credit cards. They can front it all on a CC (get 2-5% cash back), sell pre-orders to cover cost before ship, and have the whole thing paid off, plus a bunch of stock free-and-clear, on day one of release.
You seem to know waaay too much, are you sure you aren't one of them?

Pikma

Banned
Nope. I just know how to do simple math.

It always amazes me how much of GAF doesn't understand basic credit.

If you think what I wrote in the post above was a revelation, you should join us in the Credit Card |OT|.
Relax, I was kidding

Pre ordered from Amazon. Order confirmed. Now I get an email stating my sept 29th date may not be possible. There may be a delay, but I will receive my order.
No further reasoning nor timeframe for this delay is given...

probably oversold so some will be fulfilled in the second shipment

I wake up this morning, happy since it's my Birthday...Amazon email pop up on my phone...

"Your pre order has been cancelled"

I pre ordered like asap a month or two ago (from UK) and was really looking forward to playing a lot of these games for the first time. I did not request a cancellation (why would I :p) but damn...this is so weird. So an noying :(

Hopefully Amazon will get a few back...

I wake up this morning, happy since it's my Birthday...Amazon email pop up on my phone...

I pre ordered like asap a month or two ago (from UK) and was really looking forward to playing a lot of these games for the first time. I did not request a cancellation (why would I :p) but damn...this is so weird. So an noying :(

Was it a June 26th order?

RoyalFool

Banned
A bit off topic, but not so much to deserve it's own thread.

So with Starfox 2 coming out, how will the original developers of it be compensated seeing as many of them no longer work for Nintendo? I thought most Nintendo 2nd party titles had performance based bonuses in place.

When I had more than the three SNES Classics on pre-order, before the dark days, before the reductions and cancellations, I had intended to sell one here at cost to anyone who failed to find one. Sadly, now I have only enough for me and my two sisters.

I think the price will go down at launch. A lot of people are nervous about selling preorders, then the market will be flooded at launch with flippers trying to undercut each other

So I may have lost the credit card I made a physical preordervwith in GameStop. What will happen come release when I go to pick it up. Can I just ask them to run the new card on that day?

I put $25 on my debit card which I still have and the rest on the missing credit card

Does anyone who work or has worked at GameStop know?

So I may have lost the credit card I made a physical preordervwith in GameStop. What will happen come release when I go to pick it up. Can I just ask them to run the new card on that day?

I put $25 on my debit card which I still have and the rest on the missing credit card

Does anyone who work or has worked at GameStop know?

They just look at your ID and PowerUp Rewards. When I was there, we never used credit/debit cards for verifying your pre-orders.

sotojuan

Does anyone know if preordering a Thinkgeek bundle means I'll get the SNES on release date or if it ships on release date? I need to know which days to take off work to marathon FFVI :)

Varth

The lesson I'm getting from this is that maybe I should have pre-ordered A LOT more than 2 spare euro units from the store, since they have no pre-order limits.

Haano

Currently have 3 pre-orders for UK based versions. Reason being, last time my single NES pre-order went off so I am not taking the chance this time.

If I get more than 1, then it is going to family member/kid as a gift, not going to pawn them off like a scum.

Was it a June 26th order?

Yup.

I've signed up for notifications on a bunch of websites.

Whaaaat???!!! Did they give a reason for the cancellation? My Amazon UK pre-orders was the one I'm most confident about getting and wasn't worried about it being cancelled at all (it's also the cheapest one for me as an added bonus), now I'm not so sure anymore :'(

I placed my order on June 27 and it hasn't been cancelled yet. Did you use a shipping address outside the UK?

Now I'm truly starting to understand the necessity of ordering from multiple places to increase your chances of at least getting one.

shanafan

I hear all kinds of horror stories with eBay where buyers lie to get a refund from the seller. And it sounds like that's something that would happen constantly with a rare item being sold for 2-3x retail.

Like what's stopping someone from buying a mini nes of eBay for $250, demanding a refund because it's "broken", and sending a box of rocks back to the seller?

I could never sell one of these on eBay.

It's not that easy as people make it sound like. If a buyer claims the item is broken, they still need to ship it back to the seller, and the seller is able to look over the item to verify if there is an issue.

I have sold and bought on eBay since 1999, and the worst things I have come across were people not paying, which happens now and then.

If you want to sell on eBay, just take good pictures, have a clear item description and fire away ;)

Top Bottom