• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

So, out of a preorder. My only shot is to camp out. How long do you guys think I should sit outside Toys R Us for? I know most of you will joke around but what do you think is a legitimate time to wait?

I got that email. I'm from Hawaii. I guess those that order from those two states gonna get fked because we not part of the 48.

EDIT: LOL I don't even have 5 days, they already canceled.

Just got that too.

There's nothing dangerous about this item. It's exactly like the Persona 5 deal.

Doesn't seem like CS knows what happened...very similar to the Persona 5 situation.

What no one has been able to answer is why the email says you have five days to change the address, but canceled it right away. That's my issue.

I could have changed the address to my friend.

Hawaii and Alaska getting screwed.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Did Walmart end up allowing people to actually go through with those orders of 100 or other obscene multiples?

Doesn't seem like CS knows what happened...very similar to the Persona 5 situation.

What no one has been able to answer is why the email says you have five days to change the address, but canceled it right away. That's my issue.

I could have changed the address to my friend.

Hawaii and Alaska getting screwed.
I'm sure they forgot to go over the pre-written message and delete the line that says that you have 5 days to change your address. They oversold and were looking for reasons to cancel at least a certain percentage of orders.

Well thanks! Don't feel as bad now, but like everyone else we are all gonna worry until it's in our hands. lol

Yup pretty much. I also have a best buy preorder in. Hopefully at least one of them makes it through.

I couldn't care less about the NES classic but the SNES was my first system. Played the crap out of it.

I'm sure they forgot to go over the pre-written message and delete the line that says that you have 5 days to change your address. They oversold and were looking for reasons to cancel at least a certain percentage of orders.
Or a bug in Amazon's system caused the orders to be automatically cancelled. Amazon's system can be buggy sometimes from my experience, and some technical issues can go unfixed for years.

Gleethor

So the debit card I used on my Wal mart preorder is being deactivated on the 19th. I have a replacement card that uses the same number but obviously has a different expiration and cvv.

How fucked am I?

domocoma

Neo Member
So the debit card I used on my Wal mart preorder is being deactivated on the 19th. I have a replacement card that uses the same number but obviously has a different expiration and cvv.

How fucked am I?

You might be ok! I had a similar situation with a credit card and the charge went through.

rackham

Banned
Trust me guys, I really wanted the NES classic but a day or two after I didn't give a shit anymore. I'm sure you will feel the same.

Spacebar

Or a bug in Amazon's system caused the orders to be automatically cancelled. Amazon's system can be buggy sometimes from my experience, and some technical issues can go unfixed for years.

Yea, amazon system is totally whacked out. I got a random full refund for Ground Zeros back in July. I ordered in Feb 2014. lol

I mean it's possible. This however is what the rep told me. After asking for a "manager", the new person had "(Amazon)" behind his name.

Here's a part of the conversation:. I know I could have phrased things better, but having talked to 2 reps before, I started getting annoyed...
VXdUgGh.png

I mean it's possible. This however is what the rep told me. After asking for a "manager", the new person had "(Amazon)" behind his name.

Here's a part of the conversation:. I know I could have phrased things better, but having talked to 2 reps before, I started getting annoyed...

That's such bullshit. "We ran out" is not a valid excuse for your address change to not go through. You had a preorder. That's the whole point. You had units reserved for you. That shouldn't have anything to do with changing your delivery address unless you didn't comply with their requirements in the time allotted. Changing delivery address does not count as a new order.

I called customer service about my automatic cancellation and I got nowhere. They clearly can't do anything about it. They gave me a $10 off credit for any Nintendo item. Whoopdy fucking doo. I'm extremely angry.

That's such bullshit. "We ran out" is not a valid excuse for your address change to not go through. You had a preorder. That's the whole point. You had units reserved for you. That shouldn't have anything to do with changing your delivery address unless you didn't comply with their requirements in the time allotted. Changing delivery address does not count as a new order.
Yea, I'm pretty pissed about that myself, but eventually there's nothing I or others affected can do about it. Boycotting Amazon is no option since they're pretty much the only large retailer that ships to Alaska for free (with Prime).

Spacebar

The "we're out of stock" excuse sounds like just something to get you off the chat. There is really nothing they can do at that level. Sorry for everyone in Hawaii or Alaska. Keep fighting, everyone.

shira

Trust me guys, I really wanted the NES classic but a day or two after I didn't give a shit anymore. I'm sure you will feel the same.
That what I said for the NESC, but dammmm dese games are AAAAA Legendary tier games.

I would easily pay $1000 to have an hdmi snes and all these games. $80 is literal robbery

B.K.

Boycotting Amazon is no option since they're pretty much the only large retailer that ships to Alaska for free (with Prime).

Boycott Nintendo. After all this bullshit, I don't know if I'll ever buy another piece of Nintendo hardware. It almost makes me want to sell my 3DS, Switch, and the games I have for them. I've never seen any company that seems to hate its fans the way Nintendo does.

Yukinari

That what I said for the NESC, but dammmm dese games are AAAAA Legendary tier games.

I would easily pay $1000 to have an hdmi snes and all these games. $80 is literal robbery

For 1000 you better be getting Stunt Race FX, Chrono Trigger, Wild Guns, Sunset Riders, Turtles in Time and all 3 Magical Quest games.

Again i hope adding games to this was kept in similar to the NES Classic.

tbm24

Soooo....anyone have any camping out tips? I've camped till midnight before for game releases but never throughout the night till opening. I live a few minutes from a Toys R Us with a parking lot right infront. Hoping this will go smooth and I beat out people who work or have school(taking the day off).

oh fuck this amazon is trying to cancell my SNES classic pre order for a BS reason
I ain't giving up without a fight
i live in alaska and they sent me some weird email about hazardous materials and FCC regulations
like how is it different from ANY other piece of electronics

oh fuck this amazon is trying to cancell my SNES classic pre order for a BS reason
i live in alaska and they sent me some weird email about hazardous materials and FCC regulations
Your order is already cancelled. RIP.

I'm starting to wonder if Nintendo is shorting Amazon on stock? Like, maybe Amazon was assured they would have a certain number but are now receiving less?

Read a couple posts earlier. Your order has most likely already been cancelled.

It is, the initial email said I had 5 days to change the shipping address, but in the profile it's already showing as cancelled.

I know I'm not the only one, but fuck this

shira

Soooo....anyone have any camping out tips? I've camped till midnight before for game releases but never throughout the night till opening. I live a few minutes from a Toys R Us with a parking lot right infront. Hoping this will go smooth and I beat out people who work or have school(taking the day off).
Depends where you live. Most places it's chill af. People playing DS/switch till open, employee tells the line their estimated stock or hands out placement chips so there is no banana budding.

If you have aggressive scalpers or like a family/group buying one for each of 20 members who show up 5 minutes before open with one person holding 19 spots you know people gonna get angry. Honestly don't know what you do there.

I still have my three SNES Classics on preorder between Best Buy and Amazon, I'll get one more at Toys R Us on launch day, and I'll call it a preorder quest complete. I'm building RetroPies from RetroFlag NESPi cases for the rest of my friends.

http://retroflag.com/

alibaba seems like the place to go for the best price
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0kmd7kwRjo

This is great. That's an awesome NES shell. I thought about making a Retropie eventually, and this is awesome to know exist.

tbm24

Depends where you live. Most places it's chill af. People playing DS/switch till open, employee tells the line their estimated stock or hands out placement chips so there is no banana budding.

If you have aggressive scalpers or like a family/group buying one for each of 20 members who show up 5 minutes before open with one person holding 19 spots you know people gonna get angry. Honestly don't know what you do there.
I'm in NYC so I don't expect anything crazy. No one however is gonna try some bullshit of holding someone's spot in line with me. Do people really do that?

chrono01

Only canceling SNES orders from Hawaii and Alaska might make a newsworthy article.
First Canada had their pre-orders cancelled from Target, due to "customs regulations", and now this. What the hell is going on with the SNES Classic Mini? I mean, the NES Classic Mini was scarce, but at least it wasn't "illegal goods". :/

I know it's a long shot, but I'm on chat support with amazon trying to see if I can either get it shipped to the local USPS, or at least get a legitimate reason why this is different then say, getting a PS4 ordered

I don't expect to be successful but I have to try

I know it's a long shot, but I'm on chat support with amazon trying to see if I can either get it shipped to the local USPS, or at least get a legitimate reason why this is different then say, getting a PS4 ordered

I don't expect to be successful but I have to try
Didn't you say they already cancelled it? They can't reinstate cancelled orders.

Didn't you say they already cancelled it? They can't reinstate cancelled orders.

On the website it is showing as cancelled but the email i got today said i had 5 days to change my shipping address.

They have now forwarded my issue to their "concern" department(whatever the hell that is), I probably won't ever get another email or call

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
I've never seen an NES Classic in real life. I know I will never see an SNES Classic in real life.

I made peace with that fact and just went to the Wii U eShop and grabbed the games I wanted there. The only one I couldn't get was Secret of Mana, and there's always that ugly remake coming next year so I'm set.

Me: 1 Nintendo: 0

On the website it is showing as cancelled but the email i got today said i had 5 days to change my shipping address.

They have now forwarded my issue to their "concern" department(whatever the hell that is), I probably won't ever get another email or call

Same here. I got the that's all they know right now and to try calling again later (after the long weekend).

Which honestly makes sense..the CS peeps would know nothing about why the orders were canceled and those emails. It would take some time before Amazon figured out what happened (if it was something wrong). The Persona 5 thing took a couple weeks.

But they need to know about it .

Yeah Amazon cs rep don't know anything concrete yet, here's one reply they told me:

"Dangerous goods are substances or materials that may pose a risk to health, safety, property, or the environment while storing, handling, or transporting because they contain flammable, pressurized, corrosive, or otherwise harmful substances."
I hope you understand by now the reason for the removal of this item and the cancellation of your order.
We have cancelled all the customer orders for this item."

Pikma

Banned
Yeah Amazon cs rep don't know anything concrete yet, here's one reply they told me:

"Dangerous goods are substances or materials that may pose a risk to health, safety, property, or the environment while storing, handling, or transporting because they contain flammable, pressurized, corrosive, or otherwise harmful substances."
I hope you understand by now the reason for the removal of this item and the cancellation of your order.
We have cancelled all the customer orders for this item."
What

I've never seen an NES Classic in real life. I know I will never see an SNES Classic in real life.

I made peace with that fact and just went to the Wii U eShop and grabbed the games I wanted there. The only one I couldn't get was Secret of Mana, and there's always that ugly remake coming next year so I'm set.

Me: 1 Nintendo: 0

I think you should Google the soccer definition of "own goal" lol

Laws00

Anybody got an idea when Amazon Japan Super Famicom minis go on sale?

thought they'd take pre orders by now

kyo2004

Anybody got an idea when Amazon Japan Super Famicom minis go on sale?

thought they'd take pre orders by now

Mid September... But at this rate with all this drama it's impossible to know when this object is available on any part of the world... XD

Top Bottom