• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Kadin

Anyone have any problems with their Best Buy order if they only got one? I haven't had any problems but I'm getting ready to commit my game.uk order to a friend based on the Best Buy order going through.

HoodWinked

Did you have multiple orders of 1 quantity or 1 order with multiple quantities?

it was a order of 2. but the cancellation was for 1. but now in the order history is showing something very odd. seems like they reduced the quantity to 1 but the charge on the credit card still is for 2.

c45g09N.png

LosDaddie

Banned
aye yup, Walmart done fucked me again.

1 of my preorders has been cancelled. I had 2 orders of 1 SNES each. My other preorder is still alive.

Here's to hope! 🤞🏽

I'm not suggesting anyone in particular gives a shit or doesn't. I just note a trend of posts to the effect of 'I ordered 2 units...........and one of them is for my brothers xmas gift!' From your standpoint, why would you feel the need to offer the information that one is for your brother? You don't care what anyone here thinks, and nobody asked you who the other unit is for.

Because this is a discussion forum. I am discussing my SNES preorder experience.

MrMephistoX

like others I had one of my two walmart orders canceled... I really hope they dont cancel the other one..

Me too but I'm willing to accept the 1 cancellation if it means less of these in the hands of scalpers buying like 50 in a go and I still get mine. The limit seems arbitrarily low though 2 MAX is reasonable.

1 of my preorders has been cancelled. I had 2 orders of 1 SNES each. My other preorder is still alive.

Here's to hope! 🤞🏽

Ditto.

I just want to make sure I have one. Was going to sell the extra to GAF at cost if I managed to get it.

Just had my Walmart order cancelled.

Considering the speed at which I had placed that order (before Wario even posted it!), I very much doubt there were many folks ahead of me. Maybe the cancellations are random? Oh well. That's why I kept my Mega man helmet order. Might be the best I can do.

Did you just have one ? I was under the impression they were only canceling multiples

Because this is a discussion forum. I am discussing my SNES preorder experience.

Ok, but that doesn't address the specifics of my question. Obviously you're under no obligation to answer my question....because you don't care what I think( or anyone else).....but disclosing that one of them is for your brother has what bearing to the preorder experience? Yes, you're free to disclose whatever info you want regardless of its relevance, and I'm just as free to speak to what I've noted. As you said this is a discussion board and I'm discussing what I noticed. FWIW my point wasn't to crap on the people doing it.....as I already said..... it was to discuss how crappy Nintendo has fostered this environment that people feel compelled( the ones that give a shit, I guess?) to disclaim that their extra unit is for someone else specifically to separate themselves from the scalpers. I was very clear that Nintendo has bred this situation......which you agreed with.

MTC100

Banned
it was a order of 2. but the cancellation was for 1. but now in the order history is showing something very odd. seems like they reduced the quantity to 1 but the charge on the credit card still is for 2.

c45g09N.png

That's Wallmarts way to tell you, that you shouldn't order more than one, next time you will have learned your lesson!

/s

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Unfortunately early 3D graphics didn't age that well.
& they're probably going to look worse blown up on a HDTV, especially if you have one that's 30+ inches.

If they somehow solved the Memory Pak emulation issue with a N64 Mini like how the SNES Mini has Super FX games, then maybe I'd be more okay since it could be a sign of more games hitting the eventual VC.

Also, Nintendo uploaded an online manual for Star Fox 2, including even the original design documents.

goodcow

& they're probably going to look worse blown up on a HDTV, especially if you have one that's 30+ inches.

If they somehow solved the Memory Pak emulation issue with a N64 Mini like how the SNES Mini has Super FX games, then maybe I'd be more okay since it could be a sign of more games hitting the eventual VC.

Also, Nintendo uploaded an online manual for Star Fox 2, including even the original design documents.

Memory pack, or expansion pack? DK64 is on VC, and requires the expansion pack.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Memory pack, or expansion pack? DK64 is on VC, and requires the expansion pack.
Sorry, I mean the Memory Pak, that memory cartridge thing you inserted into the controller in order to save data, it's the reason why you can't save ghost data in the VC versions of Mario Kart 64 & why games that require it to save your data aren't on there.

I don't think the Expansion Pak was ever an issue considering Majora's Mask was on the Wii VC.

Exuro

I've been bamboozled. :(

single order with 2 units changed to 1 unit.

Now I have to be on the lookout for another one for myself...

Here's to hope! ����

Walmart cancelled a 2nd order on a product that is highly limited and should have had a strict one per customer limit? GOOD.

Too bad they didnt block the 2nd order to begin with. Then maybe a few of us that ACTUALLY got fucked on the 10 second window may have gotten one.

All of these multi order cancellations make me thrilled.

Walmart cancelled a 2nd order on a product that is highly limited and should have had a strict one per customer limit? GOOD.

Too bad they didnt block the 2nd order to begin with. Then maybe a few of us that ACTUALLY got fucked on the 10 second window may have gotten one.

It was up for at least 5 min one Friday though.

I understand the reasoning from both sides of the argument but with all of us knowing how messed up orders are can you really blame someone for making multiple at different vendors. Let's use common sense here.

I understand the reasoning from both sides of the argument but with all of us knowing how messed up orders are can you really blame someone for making multiple at different vendors. Let's use common sense here.
Yep. I have 3 orders in now between vendors, and I am still completely terrified I'm going to lose all 3 of these before it launches. All I want is 1. Please god, give me one.

Different venders maybe, but multiple at one vender? nope.

mrchad

I know Amazon modified orders with more than 1 down to a single unit. Did they cancel multiple orders on the same account as well?

nahlakhai

Is the product page for Walmart gone now? I got my order in on Friday and its still active but the picture on the order is missing and the page is gone now.

mrchad

Is the product page for Walmart gone now? I got my order in on Friday and its still active but the picture on the order is missing and the page is gone now.

Both Amazon and Wal-Mart put up new pages when their pre-orders opened up last time. Presumably this is to combat bots that were constantly monitoring their existing pages.

Has anybody had all their Walmart preorders canceled? I just checked and my Walmart preorder of 1 is still good.

I only preordered 1 SNES because I was trying to get through the payment process as quick as I could

My 1 order on Walmart is still good. The pending money was charged and went away after a few days. I was able to snag the preorder on the first 20-30 second run. Crossing my fingers I am allowed to keep it.

mindatlarge

Has anybody had all their Walmart preorders canceled? I just checked and my Walmart preorder of 1 is still good.

I only preordered 1 SNES because I was trying to get through the payment process as quick as I could
I don't think so. Seems they are just canceling quantities higher than one only, trimming the pre-order down to quantity one.

TheContact

I don't think so. Seems they are just canceling quantities higher than one only, trimming the pre-order down to quantity one.

Good on Walmart. Helps to minimize scalpers. I know there's some legitimate people ordering two for themselves or to sell at cost to a friend but Walmart has no way of knowing that

LastPadawan

Neo Member
Noticed what looks like fraudulent charges on the card I used with target. Anyone know if Target will allow me to swap the original card used with a different card? I don’t want to get my preorder canceled.

Thought my hunt was over. But Walmart did its thing. I'm the point guy trying to get three. Just need one more now.

Has any store not done online preorders yet?

Top Bottom