• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

chrono01

I just received an email from BorderFree, concerning my cancelled Target.ca pre-order (they wouldn't ship to Canada due to "customs reason", but the email states something entirely different).

"Dear Target Guest,

We sincerely apologize for cancelling your recent Target orders on Borderfree. An overwhelmingly high demand for our pre-sale earlier this month has caused us to cancel some orders and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Additionally, we'd like to provide you with $25 off your next online purchase of $100 or more on intl.target.com. This will be effective from 6 September through 31 October 2017. To receive the $25 off, please use code below at checkout on Intl.Target.com"

So yeah, basically they oversold, and Canadian orders were the first to go. Thanks for the $25 off on a $100 purchase, though. I can't wait to order an item through Target/BorderFree! /sarcasm

Noticed what looks like fraudulent charges on the card I used with target. Anyone know if Target will allow me to swap the original card used with a different card? I don’t want to get my preorder canceled.
I think you're out of luck. Target replaced my card when they switched to chipped cards and the payment method was no longer valid on my preorders. I had a few that were mispriced and they were lost as a result. So I think replacing the card will screw you. What you could do is wait until the end of the month after it ships and then report the activity.

jmizzal

So the debit card I used on my Wal mart preorder is being deactivated on the 19th. I have a replacement card that uses the same number but obviously has a different expiration and cvv.

How fucked am I?

If its anything like best buy, they will let you know right before they ship and charge the card and give you a chance to use a different card

I just received an email from BorderFree, concerning my cancelled Target.ca pre-order (they wouldn't ship to Canada due to "customs reason", but the email states something entirely different).

I wonder if Shao Khan lost all his pre orders? Weren't they Canadian? I remember when I was stalking Target that one day he was racking them up via duty free.

chrono01

I wonder if Shao Khan lost all his pre orders? Weren't they Canadian? I remember when I was stalking Target that one day he was racking them up via duty free.
Probably. I've yet to see any Canadian still have their Target pre-order, so I'm guessing his was cancelled as well. If not, he is extremely fortunate.

ReyVGM

Any accidentally cancelled order can't be reinstated. There's nothing they will do to re-order the item for you, specially if it's sold out.

This has happened to me before, and it didn't matter the amount of people I talked to over the phone or emails. If the item is sold out, then they can't order it for you.

This is great. That's an awesome NES shell. I thought about making a Retropie eventually, and this is awesome to know exist.

I just ordered 12 x RetroFlag NESPi cases from China. I also ordered up some great NES decals, I'm altering the power switch to power down more safely for the SD card, and I'm redoing the black sticker console accent with black paint.

Someone on CAG said that his Amazon preorder was cancelled.
sevast from CAG said:
Anybody else get theirs cancelled?

One the 25th of August I got an email saying my order number had been changed from 2 to 1 and that it may be late. Today I got an email saying that they can only send the SNES classic to the contiguous US and that I had 5 days to update my address. I went in to update my address to my family's address and found my order was already cancelled. I called in and they said there was too high demand. Is there anyone else who had their SNES classic cancelled? If so are you Alaska or Hawaii?
Though to be honest, maybe changing the address didn't help at all.

korona15

Banned
To obtain an SNES Classic, here is what I would do.

Go to a 24 hour Wal-Mart on the evening of September 28th. Arrive there about 9-10 pm (or earlier) and wait at the electronics section until midnight. While waiting, talk to employees there and ask if they can bring out the SNES Classics at midnight instead of 6-8 am like they might have planned on doing.

With a little luck, about 6-12 will be rolled out on a cart at midnight and hopefully each person waiting gets one. This is how I got my NES classic last year on the evening before launch day (Nov 10). Nothing guaranteed of course, but seems easier than camping all night at a Toys R Us.

Kintaco

I just ordered 12 x RetroFlag NESPi cases from China. I also ordered up some great NES decals, I'm altering the power switch to power down more safely for the SD card, and I'm redoing the black sticker haddware accent with black paint.
Nice got a link to the Nintendo decals?

so awesome how amazon lies about dangerous materials so they can get away with cancelling your order. last time they did this dangerous material crap they still sent my order and I got it for free. They tried to do it with my ps4 pro and i just cancelled my order and ordered it right before it released.

evil ways

Yep, looks like the Snes Classic will only ship from Amazon to 48 states. This was from a local poster here in PR. He wasnt able to edit address or anything, just cancelled.

FB4ULep.jpg

By this logic we should expect Amazon UK and Amazon Germany to cancel all their international orders for the SNES Classic, because "dangerous goods". I don't think that will happen though (thankfully, or I'll be on suicide watch).

If you lick an snes classic you'll die
Touch it without gloves you'll lose a finger or the entire hand

So, out of a preorder. My only shot is to camp out. How long do you guys think I should sit outside Toys R Us for? I know most of you will joke around but what do you think is a legitimate time to wait?

I'd call around to ask how many consoles each store would get, I'd also camp around 12-3 am depending on how many they have
You also have to be aware that people will hold spots for their friends/ family
At about 10 minutes before opening or if an employee hands out wristbands you'll see people panic calling their friends

evil ways

By this logic we should expect Amazon UK and Amazon Germany to cancel all their international orders for the SNES Classic, because "dangerous goods". I don't think that will happen though (thankfully, or I'll be on suicide watch).

I still think it's a scapegoat Amazon is using to cover the overflow of orders they will probably not be able to fulfill due to high demand and Nintendo shipping less than they first told everyone.

Case in point, a co-worker was able to buy a Switch a few weeks ago, and Amazon delivered it to PR without a problem. The Switch, with it's lcd screen, internal battery, plus 2 rechargable joycons. If that wasnt a hazard, then I dont see why the Snes Classic is.

AkumaNiko

oh no, you see that would make total sense! but thankfully for those of us who still have pre orders up, they wont be cancelling.

Maybe the NSES calssic is made of melted SFII repro carts
WARNING: Use of this reproduction game cartridge (the ”Product") on the SNES gaming hardware may cause the SNES console to overheat or catch fire. The SNES hardware is deemed a vintage collectible, so please exercise extreme caution when using the Product and make sure there is fire extinguishment equipment nearby. Use of the Product is at the sole risk of the user. The Product is sold ”as is". Neither iam8bit, Inc. nor Capcom Co, Ltd. make any representation or warranty, express or implied, of any kind, including any warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular use, or that the Product is safe to use, and iam8bit, Inc. or Capcom Co, Ltd. shall have no liability for damage to property or persons arising from use of the Product. Nintendo of America is in no way associated with the release of this Product.

Brinbe

Fuck Target. Third time being cancelled on now. These retailers all fucking suck. Now knowing my luck my euro order will get fucked too

The Llama

Still no changes to my Amazon preorder or my Walmart preorder (from that first ~15 seconds it was on sale). Walmart preorder still showing delivery by October 6th. Not really concerned about it getting cancelled but I'd like a little reassurance given the crapshow this has been so far lol.

I apologize for any inconvenience, but we have given the truth for why we couldn't deliver this item. We are following regulations by the FFA, DOT, and IATA and we are unable to ship this specific item to a P.O box address, pick up locations, or in this case, a destination outside of the contingent U.S. We've offered compensation of $20.00 to your gift card balance

Best regards,
Amazon.com

My response
You cant deliver a video game to Hawaii but target walmart bestbuy can ok sure? give me a break.

They are really sticking to their guns on the lie. I dont really care about the coupon i just want my snes.

Lucent

To obtain an SNES Classic, here is what I would do.

Go to a 24 hour Wal-Mart on the evening of September 28th. Arrive there about 9-10 pm (or earlier) and wait at the electronics section until midnight. While waiting, talk to employees there and ask if they can bring out the SNES Classics at midnight instead of 6-8 am like they might have planned on doing.

With a little luck, about 6-12 will be rolled out on a cart at midnight and hopefully each person waiting gets one. This is how I got my NES classic last year on the evening before launch day (Nov 10). Nothing guaranteed of course, but seems easier than camping all night at a Toys R Us.

I work at a 24 hour Wal-Mart and my department manager handed out numbers around 10pm. Anyone who had a number could come back at midnight to claim theirs. Pretty simple release. Think we had 12. I was stupid, however, and showed up after 10pm. Lol. Luckily one of my coworkers bought one for me one day and sold it at cost.

I'm usually off on Thursdays so I'm gonna probably hang out there and try to get a number.

MRORANGE

It would be pretty funny if US orders from the EU/Uk store got cancelled.

It's like Nintendo don't even want you to buy the thing lol.

I'd call around to ask how many consoles each store would get, I'd also camp around 12-3 am depending on how many they have
You also have to be aware that people will hold spots for their friends/ family
At about 10 minutes before opening or if an employee hands out wristbands you'll see people panic calling their friends

Toys R Us won't tell you how many they get.

I got a classic nes last year at the end of November I got there at 9:30pm and was #13 in line. Eventually found out they had 20 units, but not from any of those working, one of the employees had a day off and saw his friend and told him,I just happened to over hear it.

Anyone that showed up at 1am was fucked and waited for 7 hours for nothing. Walmart was worse,had hundreds of people lined up for several units

Pikma

Banned
Toys R Us won't tell you how many they get.

I got a classic nes last year at the end of November I got there at 9:30pm and was #13 in line. Eventually found out they had 20 units, but not from any of those working, one of the employees had a day off and saw his friend and told him,I just happened to over hear it.

Anyone that showed up at 1am was fucked and waited for 7 hours for nothing. Walmart was worse,had hundreds of people lined up for several units
Man that's rough

LastPadawan

Neo Member
I think you're out of luck. Target replaced my card when they switched to chipped cards and the payment method was no longer valid on my preorders. I had a few that were mispriced and they were lost as a result. So I think replacing the card will screw you. What you could do is wait until the end of the month after it ships and then report the activity.

Thanks, yeah that’s what I was thinking I would need to do as well. Hopefully I don’t have further issues.

Nice got a link to the Nintendo decals?
They are called waterslide decals as the text is too tiny for anything else. I'm told this is what a small plastic model would use. I got them off of a guy on FaceBook. You can order them from him here:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/487747744744837?view=permalink&id=595461760640101

And I bought the RetroFlag NESPi cases off of the Alibaba App. The case is also currently in stock on Amazon USA.

The most interesting thing is that I initially just wanted the Super Nintendo Classic. I got that but I decided to build a RetroPie to play NES games. Then I found a 3D printed NES case for RetroPie that actually loads mini NES carts / games via NFC chips. Then I found the RetroFlag NESPi case, and the things that people were doing to that case, such as nodding the power switch for a safe system shutdown, or putting on authentic Nintendo decals.

Now that I have the RetroFlag NESPi cases on order, I'm also inspired to create my own cases. I think a case that would follow the NES design language, but not actually be a miniature NES, could make for the ultimate RetroPie case. That or I was thinking of having a company like ColorWare paint a custom paint job on the NESPi case. Now it's all about creativity for me. Perhaps I could sell a few, but I'd mostly be building / modding these RetroPie consoles for fun.

I get the feeling this Amazon shit is gonna get swept under the rug because the people who normally would be doing to reporting on this stuff are at PAX this weekend.

JDdelphin

My Walmart preorder is still up... the ship date is still Oct 5th so I figure I'm doomed.

I'm just going to be the last one shoved off the cliff

Akoi

Yeah I saw the SNES classic there, surrounded by tons of people at the Nintendo booth. (I really hope my walmart order doesnt fall through...)

Funny thing is that in the console freeplay area, someone has a NES classic up there, and its like zip-tied to the table with like 10+ ties or more.

DeathPeak

I wonder if the delivery estimates on Amazon will be updated since they've sifted through the multiple orders and the ones out of the 48 states.

Top Bottom