• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Anyone happen to know where my best bet for lining up tomorrow night would be? Will Gamestop have a significant surplus beyond Pre-Orders?

I would assume Gamestop is a poor place to try if you don't have a preorders. Their business model is built around the pre-owned games market, so selling new hardware doesn't really work for their bottom line. Therefore, they probably won't order many.

Boke1879

At such a place, would they put up the display at about 12:00am Thursday night?

Best bet is to call them and ask.

I called my 24 hour Walmart and they told me they are doing a midnight release and that it's first come first serve. They didn't mention how many they'd have though.

I get off work at 8:30pm so I'll probably just head over right after that.

Best bet is to call them and ask.

I called my 24 hour Walmart and they told me they are doing a midnight release and that it's first come first serve. They didn't mention how many they'd have though.

I get off work at 8:30pm so I'll probably just head over right after that.

do they have a unit limit per customer?

kingbean

My. Think geek order hasn't shipped. Feels kinda bad paying a premium ripoff price and not getting it day one.

None of the walmarts in my state show any stock. Unless the site refuses to show properly. All it says is not in stock check back closer to release. :/

My. Think geek order hasn't shipped. Feels kinda bad paying a premium ripoff price and not getting it day one.

None of the walmarts in my state show any stock. Unless the site refuses to show properly. All it says is not in stock check back closer to release. :/

the retailers apparently asked brickseek not to list details until launch.

WhatNXt

Anyone had their Smyths Toys pre-order ship yet?

Mines showing as "In Process" - but I haven't had payment taken yet and they've not emailed for payment details (which happens if they can't take payment)..

Conscious they'd need to be moving fast now to get me anything for Friday. I placed my pre-order on June 26, I'll be pissed if they fuck this up.

Boke1879

Is this time when they are allowed to sell? not midnight?

Honestly. Just call your walmart and ask. I wouldn't be shocked if each individual store does stuff differently.

I think he only suggested 9 because that would be the best time to line up for a midnight release.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Anyone with a Sep 29th delivery date been charged by Amazon UK yet?

br3wnor

Wal-Mart and Amazon UK orders haven’t charged or shipped yet, both still have original arrival dates (10/4-10/11). Didn’t expect to have it for tomorrow but not a huge deal.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Target order finally shipped. I got in on that second wave of the first day when there was a little window.

Xeroblade

Honestly. Just call your walmart and ask. I wouldn't be shocked if each individual store does stuff differently.

I think he only suggested 9 because that would be the best time to line up for a midnight release.

Thanks, I will probably do that after I check with GS.

JoeNut

Email just received

Good news! Your pre-order for the new SNES Classic Mini Console has now been despatched by Royal Mail for delivery on the official launch date of 29th September.

Thank you

Argos

munroe

Anyone who's ordered with Game UK actually had their dispatch email yet? I received one on Monday saying it was being packed but nothing since

Sillution

Both my Walmart and Amazon orders haven't shipped yet or even billed my card yet. Thinking of just walking in Best Buy or target to pick one up Friday and just cancel the online orders.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
mine just shipped from Smyths Toys in Ireland. Going to have to get my parents to ship it to Canada tho
It was practically impossible to pre order here.

I was lucky enough you snag one from the Best Buy when they went live, but everywhere else only had them for a few minutes, and Amazon.ca to this day hasn't had pre orders up

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Both my Walmart and Amazon orders haven't shipped yet or even billed my card yet. Thinking of just walking in Best Buy or target to pick one up Friday and just cancel the online orders.

I don't need mine this weekend, but if my walmart order hasn't shipped by Friday then I'm going to try to pick one up on Saturday and cancel it.

Sillution

I don't need mine this weekend, but if my walmart order hasn't shipped by Friday then I'm going to try to pick one up on Saturday and cancel it.

I felt the same way however since by coincidence I have a doctors appointment for my daughter this Friday morning and it just so happens to be right near a shopping center so why not take a look there and walk out with one instead. So if either order doesn't update today I'll probably just cancel both of them.

dealer-

In your experience, how much time is it between them charging and shipping?

A pretty short window. I've had game/console preorders that still haven't been charged or despatched Thursday evening arrive by Friday. I doubt anyone will see any movement until tomorrow unless it's different for some reason this time.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
A pretty short window. I've had game/console preorders that still haven't been charged or despatched Thursday evening arrive by Friday. I doubt anyone will see any movement until tomorrow unless it's different for some this reason this time.

That's what I wanted to hear, thanks.

At such a place, would they put up the display at about 12:00am Thursday night?

I've been to Walmart in midnight release instances before where they weren't really doing a midnight release. If they say they're not doing a midnight release but they're open just go anyway. If you just find someone in electronics and say, "Hi, I'm looking for the SNES Classic, they're supposed to release tonight would you mind checking to see if you have any?" they'll dig around in the back and find them for you. Just make sure that they actually check the inventory numbers before they say no. I've also had them say, "Well if it's not out on the floor it hasn't been released yet" just politely explain that they are out as of today and would they please just look for you. Do not go before 12am Friday. If they attempt to sell them before then the register will buck it and you won't be able to purchase it. As long as you're polite I've never had a Walmart associate send me on my way so to speak.

Top Bottom