• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Saganator

So I have a preorder with WalMart, but the shipping address is wrong. I tried to get it changed but they said they can only change the address after it's shipped. I'm not confident about changing the address after it ships. I'm going to swing by the Wal-Mart near me which opens at 6AM and try to snag one. If I can get one from the Wal Mart store then I'm going to try and cancel my online order before it goes out.

So I pre-ordered one at a Gamestop that's about an hour away from my house because I was closest to that one when preorders went live, but now I think I might go into the Best Buy down the street from me Friday morning and try my luck there since I'm grabbing FIFA for Switch anyways.

If I do get one there and cancel my preorder at Gamestop, I get my money back right? It doesn't turn into store credit or some other shenanigan does it?

mcmmaster

Anyone's Nintendo UK order shipped yet?

Mine still hasn't shipped and I went with the standard delivery(2-3 working days), I get the feeling it isn't going to arrive till next week now.

maxcriden

I mean if you really want to hedge bets.Start at a 24 hour Wal-Mart.

Best bet is to call them and ask.

I called my 24 hour Walmart and they told me they are doing a midnight release and that it's first come first serve. They didn't mention how many they'd have though.

I get off work at 8:30pm so I'll probably just head over right after that.

I've been to Walmart in midnight release instances before where they weren't really doing a midnight release. If they say they're not doing a midnight release but they're open just go anyway. If you just find someone in electronics and say, "Hi, I'm looking for the SNES Classic, they're supposed to release tonight would you mind checking to see if you have any?" they'll dig around in the back and find them for you. Just make sure that they actually check the inventory numbers before they say no. I've also had them say, "Well if it's not out on the floor it hasn't been released yet" just politely explain that they are out as of today and would they please just look for you. Do not go before 12am Friday. If they attempt to sell them before then the register will buck it and you won't be able to purchase it. As long as you're polite I've never had a Walmart associate send me on my way so to speak.

I'm surprised they are doing a midnight release, Boke. And I really appreciate this info and advice from both of you. Man, if mine will I will gladly get it then if I can. Easier than worrying about getting it the next morning.

Each WM is going to differ, same with Target and BB stores. I totally agree the best bet is for people call their local store today or tomorrow to see what their plans are in terms of ticketing systems or line ups.

With NES Classic I tried to do the midnight Walmart but they said they weren't putting them up till some time the next day. So I went to my other WM that opens at 6 AM and got it then. Some stores are going to be giving away tickets for place holders so it really may behoove you to call stores. Good luck!

Elandyll

Banned
I've been to Walmart in midnight release instances before where they weren't really doing a midnight release. If they say they're not doing a midnight release but they're open just go anyway. If you just find someone in electronics and say, "Hi, I'm looking for the SNES Classic, they're supposed to release tonight would you mind checking to see if you have any?" they'll dig around in the back and find them for you. Just make sure that they actually check the inventory numbers before they say no. I've also had them say, "Well if it's not out on the floor it hasn't been released yet" just politely explain that they are out as of today and would they please just look for you. Do not go before 12am Friday. If they attempt to sell them before then the register will buck it and you won't be able to purchase it. As long as you're polite I've never had a Walmart associate send me on my way so to speak.
Thanks for the advice!

I agree, It has happened to me

Sh0k

That works on any WalMart except for the Miami area WalMarts, the customer service hardly speaks any english, good luck having them to understand that you are looking for the “ESSNNEEESSS”.

maxcriden

My. Think geek order hasn't shipped. Feels kinda bad paying a premium ripoff price and not getting it day one.

None of the walmarts in my state show any stock. Unless the site refuses to show properly. All it says is not in stock check back closer to release. :/

the retailers apparently asked brickseek not to list details until launch.

Not only this, but they are said to be getting an enormous amount of units compared to NESC. So fingers crossed you'll be able to get one. The 24H WM plan discussed on this page may help you as well.

All my Target preorders just went from september 29th delivery to October 9th and 10th...

It was slated for the 29th when it shipped yesterday. No clue what just happened.

Kind of depressing. :(

Lusal

Neo Member
That works on any WalMart except for the Miami area WalMarts, the customer service hardly speaks any english, good luck having them to understand that you are looking for the “ESSNNEEESSS”.

Reminds me of the cleaning woman bit on Family Guy...

"ESSNNEEESSS no here. You comb back manana. Goo-bye!"

Not only this, but they are said to be getting an enormous amount of units compared to NESC. So fingers crossed you'll be able to get one. The 24H WM plan discussed on this page may help you as well.

Oh. I'm getting one. I don't care if I have to spend all night in front of a store. After the NES fiasco I am not letting this one slip through my fingers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm starting to debate if I should just try buying one in town at launch since Amazon hasn't updated anything. Doesn't help it sounds like it could take an additional week to get them, even if I'm okay with waiting if it means my order is secured, but it'd be a bummer to my friend since he hasn't played a ton of games on the system like Super Mario RPG.

Am I the only one who doesn't feel bad for the people who ordered multiple systems and none are shipping? It really sucks for people who only ordered their one system but for the guy who is like oh my 8 systems through 4 retailers aren't coming in, I have no pity.

maxcriden

any store numbers showing or they still blocking that info?

Sorry, just saw this now. Still blocking. Hopefully they'll unblock before launch on there or Zoolerts.

Oh. I'm getting one. I don't care if I have to spend all night in front of a store. After the NES fiasco I am not letting this one slip through my fingers.

Oh I know, man. I was replying more to kingbean there, just quoting you to add on to with some additional advice. I know you are way on top of this!

Grady

These were clearly oversold for release with a promise of more stock. Wal-Mart still says Oct 6th, no charge yet. While, others have had their orders ship already.

Fjordson

Anyone know what's going on with Amazon US?

I'm very doubtful I'm getting mine on release day lol.
Obviously this is big time YMMV, but I've had Amazon ship things within 24 hours of release for games and books and they still come on time. They can be super fast.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
my walmart order just shipped. says it won't be here till october 5 but is coming fedex.

Sigh, time for the rest of us to start F5'ing like madmen.

I'm still at preparing with oct 3 date.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
iB0UZub.png

Here we go.

kyo2004

Anyone got contact with Amazon US CS?... I'm a bit worry that it's just 2 days left for this thing and we have 0 info for charging/deliveries/shipping.

I can't do it since I'm afraid that they possibly will cancel my one and only preorder for bad communication (I'm not so skilled writing in English for a long period of time)... :(...

vgamer1

Anecdotal evidence, but my BOTW Master Edition shipped from amazon the day before release and got to me on release day at around 12 noon.

ChrisD

My brother was on the PC when a notification popped up in the sidebar that "your pre-order date has changed to October 20th." He told me from the computer room, so I didn't hear him fully. Asking him to repeat, he said it again, along with, "it says it's Best Buy."

"OCTOBER 20th?!"

I walked in from the living room, a bit more than annoyed. Logged into Best Buy, checked the pre-order. No, it's still fine. Still says pick up on Friday. So what the heck? I'm a bit frantic, so I didn't scroll all the way down to look through ALL my Best Buy orders.

...Turns out, it was just my Fire Emblem amiibo, which have now been dated for their proper release date, rather than their placeholder of December 31st 2017.

Y'all can't do this to me this close to release date gaaaaah.

Spacebar

Same here man. I don't know if I can take the anticipation anymore!

Edit: I literally just got my shipment confirmation lol talk about timing!

My card was charged Sunday and now that charge is gone.

They should give me a free snesc since I had all my pre orders cancelled from the July fiasco. /s

Top Bottom