• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Kadin

Do you think amazon JP and NA will wait until September to do preorders? Amazon NA did wait until the day of release to open orders for the link skyward sword amiibo.
Guys can we try to keep down on the speculation. As rule #3 in the OT states, we need to stop this. Really don't want to see yet another SNES thread closed.

Annnnd I just now got a cancellation of my SNES Classic preorder from Walmart. They held my hopes up for 2 weeks only to crush them so casually.

Now I'll never get one.

EDIT - ONE WEEK. It's only been one week, sorry, my time is all screwed up from work.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Guys can we try to keep down on the speculation. As rule #3 in the OT states, we need to stop this. Really don't want to see yet another SNES thread closed.
Sorry was thinking about it today. I guess I'll wait to hear the news on twitter

MrMephistoX

Except make a quality product. Atgames plug and plays have been trash for years and Sega doesn't care.

Right the main draw for me with the minis is that they're manufactured by Nintendo's suppliers with their specifications and quality standards: otherwise I'd just buy a Retron and be done with it.

NeOak

I don't have the screenshots to prove it unfortunately, but it actually did. It had the message there in bold red letters and it let me use a U.S. address when I ordered. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit - in fact, it lets me pre-order more and select my U.S. address even though it has the warning. check it out.

double edit - WOAH WTF. It was literally just in stock via amazon. i just tried it and it worked and I deleted it from my cart before finishing, now it's only available 3rd party lol. oh well who knows.

triple edit - okay i dont know what's happening with that link. when it comes from here it only shows 3rd party sellers, but when i search on amazon uk it comes up as available from amazon. no idea why. anyways, what i said about NO U.S. but then it being totally fine with it still stands.

It's back up.

Wow, I was about to say I got mine from amazon U.K., but I just checked and they no longer deliver those to the U.S.

You can make the order even though the message is there. So yeah, they do ship it to the US.

I think I may have one secured because a local owned place did pre-orders, but I'd still snag another one if I could if there was any indication of there being pre-orders online anywhere. I mean the most frustrating part of it all is the utter lack of communication.

Wal-Mart just charged me for $85.07 again...
(Yesterday, when I had gotten the cancellation emails on my 2 orders of 1 unit each, the charges had gone away).

They're still listed as Cancelled in my account.
But, the charge from Wal-Mart is definitely new as of this morning...

Ramune

Yeah, I also had an order that was canceled and refunded yesterday and now I have another charge from Wal-Mart that's processing this morning all of a sudden....

Cheddahz

Banned
I got another charge from Wal-Mart this morning as well. I guess I'm going to spend the next thirty minutes or so contacting customer service about it

Tevious

I don't want to start speculating since we weren't given much information, but if those Wal-Mart reps were right about it being a week early, then it'll have been exactly one week since Wal-Mart went live on preorders in about 5~10 minutes. It might be worth refreshing the page just in case or keep an eye on your email if you signed up for alerts.

MrMephistoX

I don't want to start speculating since we weren't given much information, but if those Wal-Mart reps were right about it being a week early, then it'll have been exactly one week since Wal-Mart went live on preorders in about 5~10 minutes. It might be worth refreshing the page just in case or keep an eye on your email if you signed up for alerts.

The listing has been taken down it seems from Walmart.com...I searched in case nada.

I know theyre not going to but Walmart should contact everyone who had canceled orders first and ask if they'd like to put in a new order before putting up more for everyone else.

Except make a quality product. Atgames plug and plays have been trash for years and Sega doesn't care.
Based on prerelease info I would've said it's looking to be way better than the previous units, but a customer of mine brought to my attention that GameSpot and CNET both got early units of the new HD ones and said they were garbage with frameskipping and so-so audio (probably better than the old ones still, though).

MrMephistoX

Just pre-ordered one from Amazon Italy!

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B073FNFTL2/

Edit: I guess it's gone already. I've been receiving Nowinstock alerts for Amazon.it almost daily for the past weeks, but every time I click the notification link it would be sold out (I assumed it was phantom stock or something), but this time it actually worked.

It looks like it's up for scalpers...I couldn't get it to go through though since I don't have an Italian address.

Ramune

Just a follow up from my last post, but that charge for the Classic that popped up after I was refunded my original purchase, has now disappeared.

I know theyre not going to but Walmart should contact everyone who had canceled orders first and ask if they'd like to put in a new order before putting up more for everyone else.

I seriously doubt Walmart is going to spend the time to provide first dibs to people who got in on the original pre-order. Sorry.

RAIDEN1

Seeing as the new Megadrive/Genesis is nowehere near as good as it SHOULD have been, and a MASSIVE opportunity missed. Looks like it's down to Nintendo to revive the good times on the 16 bit scene..

shockdude

dangit never planned to get this when it was announced, but the temporary taste of successful purchase is making me think otherwise.
and I also want the US SNES because nostalgia and concave buttons, so no Europe preorder for me.

Trying to make a Game account and it's asking for phone # and address info.

Will that mess up my preorder?

I preordered it from Game went they first went up and I used my US address.

Just trying to see status to make sure nothing has changed.

It looks like it's up for scalpers...I couldn't get it to go through though since I don't have an Italian address.

Does it only ship to Italy? I wondered if it would work with other EU countries.

I happen to have a forwarding address in Italy but it's gonna be expensive on me that way, so not sure if I'll keep the order.

MrMephistoX

Does it only ship to Italy? I wondered if it would work with other EU countries.

I happen to have a forwarding address in Italy but it's gonna be expensive on me that way, so not sure if I'll keep the order.

I couldn't read it fully and Google translate wasn't working but I recognized tu dirrecion no es possible or something along those lines from my meager Spanish recall. It's gone now but by scalpels I meant 3rd party resellers so it was about 140 Euros.

Top Bottom