• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Does it upset anyone else knowing we probably won't be able to get one fairly...it's such s gut wrenching feeling not to be able to safely know you can secure a neat device.

Tayaya

While I have an NES Classic and would like to have a SNES classic to put next to it, I've decided that I am not going to stress about this thing anymore - if Nintendo is good on their word about making sure they ramped up production and plan to keep supply coming through the end of the year, then I have 4 months to get one which should be reasonable.

In the meantime the SNES emulation on RetroPie on a Pi 3 Model B is more than good enough to keep me happy!

FTF

giphy.gif

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Everytime somebody bumps this I get excited and a little afraid that I might have missed it

[QUOTE="D";245829204]Everytime somebody bumps this I get excited and a little afraid that I might have missed it[/QUOTE]

Do you have any fail-safes other than this thread (Wario, nowinstock)?

Can never be too safe.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Do you have any fail-safes other than this thread (Wario, nowinstock)?

Can never be too safe.

I have Wario followed and I never used Nowinstock.com...is it pretty quick or is it delayed when posting stock?

[QUOTE="D";245830630]I have Wario followed and I never used Nowinstock.com...is it pretty quick or is it delayed when posting stock?[/QUOTE]

My nowinstock text was IMMEDIATE. I had one preordered on Walmart 3 minutes after it came up.

I don't know if that's just me though.

"D"

My nowinstock text was IMMEDIATE. I had one preordered on Walmart 3 minutes after it came up.

I don't know if that's just me though.

Damn, does it have a mobile app?

EDIT: Doesn't appear to. How do I set it up for if I'm away from my PC and only have my phone on me?

[QUOTE="D";245831042]Damn, does it have a mobile app?[/QUOTE]

I dunno about an app, but if you sign up on the website you can get alerts texted to you. I also got the Walmart alert as soon as it went out and had my order in 3 minutes after.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
[QUOTE="D";245831042]Damn, does it have a mobile app?

EDIT: Doesn't appear to. How do I set it up for if I'm away from my PC and only have my phone on me?[/QUOTE]

I just use the twitter app and I get a notification.

[QUOTE="D";245831042]Damn, does it have a mobile app?

EDIT: Doesn't appear to. How do I set it up for if I'm away from my PC and only have my phone on me?[/QUOTE]

Text alerts.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
If I had to guess, pre-orders (at most US stores) will go up on the 29th, a month ahead of release.

StMeph

I'm contributing to the problem, but I hate everyone who posts in this thread and lights it up as if there's an update to the preorders.

:<

bosh

$60?
I doubt this is it. That's obviously a game preorder.

Wondering if it's either a quick NES run or if they did the test SNES at a different price so no one would be alarmed.

Either way it's not your standard video game. Super Mario is already listed and that's Nintendo's biggest game left for the year

Grady

The way Nintendo handles this shit is terrible. Let's announce pre orders but not give a date and have everyone glued to their computer for the entire month. Lets also make a never released star fox 2 available with the console. Going to be such a shit show if they have such limited quantity again. Scalpers will be everywhere trying to add 20 to their cart at a time. Because of inclusion of star fox 2 the scalping prices are going to be fucking insane. Really hoping for 1 per customer limitations this time.

LiK

The way Nintendo handles this shit is terrible. Let's announce pre orders but not give a date and have everyone glued to their computer for the entire month. Lets also make a never released star fox 2 available with the console. Going to be such a shit show if they have such limited quantity again. Scalpers will be everywhere trying to add 20 to their cart at a time. Because of inclusion of star fox 2 the scalping prices are going to be fucking insane. Really hoping for 1 per customer limitations this time.

Yep, the way they hype this shit in advance with no release info is annoying.

neoemonk

Six week out and still no pre-orders. I really didn't care about the NES Classic. If I could have picked one up in the wild I would have, but that turned out to be impossible. I really love the SNES though. I still have one hooked up in the basement but the games are incredibly expensive.

Like most in this thread, Nintendo is making me crazy.

Six week out and still no pre-orders. I really didn't care about the NES Classic. If I could have picked one up in the wild I would have, but that turned out to be impossible. I really love the SNES though. I still have one hooked up in the basement but the games are incredibly expensive.

Like most in this thread, Nintendo is making me crazy.

They already said US preorders are starting this month. We still have two weeks left, and honestly, it'll likely hit near the very end.

I know I was one of those people who did the Walmart pre-order, but I'm gonna be mad if this Amazon test thing was for NES Classics and I didn't get one lol

zeemumu

I know I was one of those people who did the Walmart pre-order, but I'm gonna be mad if this Amazon test thing was for NES Classics and I didn't get one lol

I don't see why they'd make a test product label and then reveal "HAHA! IT WAS THE NES CLASSIC AAAALLLL ALONG!"

That seems like a baffling marketing decision

Top Bottom