• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

ijm72

Was able to reserve one in person at GameStop 🙌
Saw somebody post here that they reserved one in person so I ran to the GameStop by work that's across the street.

aett

I'd still LIKE to get one of these because I'm a big ol' dork, but my interest fades a bit when I remember that I have most of those SNES games (that I would actually replay) on my 3DS, available to play anywhere at any time.

I think I finally understand...

1. Ninty releases small batches to drive up demand.
2. Ninty sells the withheld systems on eBay under false user profiles for $600 a pop.

#Profit.

Boke1879

I never expected Nintendo to "learn"

But this is absolute horse shit. I was lucky I was awake last night when the BB order went up, but many people here in the US were asleep.

Nintendo should have taken preorders when they announced the thing to gauge how much they should make. Then do another round of preorders closer to release and then put the remaining stock in stores etc.

They do this shit on purpose.

What a shit show. It's 2017 and online retailers still don't have any type of bot protection. At this point I'll just stick with the import.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
AAFES is taking preorders instore at Navy and Marine Corps exchanges. Doubt it is usable by the majority here but if you know anyone in the Navy or USMC they might be able to help you out.

Hylian7

Does anyone still wanna argue that Nintendo doesn't do artificial scarcity?

I offer now as the time to bring that up.
Yeah with how cheap these things are to make, anyone that says it isn't artificial is lying and they know it.

The Switch we at least have a logical explanation.

TheGrue

What's the point of driving up demand if you never satisfy what people want? I would still like an NES Classic Mini, but can't get one without paying an outrageous price.

Kusagari

The funny thing is it that even if they did/do make more it still never meant anything.

The SNES was always going to have infinitely more hype than the NES did.

cordy

Banned
I PRAY that the Amazon GameTrust link was real and these are really SNES Classics because if not I'm fucked. I stayed up late hoping they've pop up, for 4hrs of sleep for work and now this happens. If it goes through then I'm good but if not then my chances are over.

Please come through for your boy Amazon.

Koobion

Really aggravated that I was errored out of Target. It's ridiculous that it has to be this stressful to get a fucking product.

Sulik2

This isn't artificial scarcity, that implies they are purposely not making more when they could be. It sounds more like Nintendo is making small amount of these with extra contracts or something it might have with their factories. The real problem is they are waaaay under pricing these for the amount they can actual build.

helium121

Banned
I don't think a company can frustrate me any more than Nintendo does at this current point in time. Their lack of preparedness for the demand on their products is unparalleled. You would think they don't want to make money. And to those that would argue that they over produced the Wii U so now everything has to be underproduced, fuck you, they saw the demand for the NES Classic and they learned nothing from it.

Fox Mulder

Officially done with Nintendo. Fuck them.

NoA was replacing feelings of nostalgia and decades of fun with hatred. It's amazing really that I tolerated their shit for so long. I was even hooked on dozens of amiibos like crack and fretted about the NES Classic.

I have had zero interest in the switch and have been selling off my retro collection and my amiibo shit for decent money. I'm just over them really. I'd like a snes classic, but I'm not going out of my way for one.

This is just another example of Nintendo's supply constraint strategy. If at this point you somehow still don't understand that they do this on purpose, you're delusional.

lol

image.jpg

crpav

Not to offend anyone but I for sure will not bother to try and find one at launch here. Only have a walmart and the types that line up at midnight here are sketchy and scary.

This fucking sucks. Had one in cart in both Walmart and Target, during check out, someone how they both failed and it said it no longer existed in my cart. Awesome stuff.

SealedSeven

Neo Member
So to recap:

- BBY and Amazon stealth preorders in the middle of the night, missed
- Walmart gone in seconds, missed despite being right there
- Target's site blew up, missed

Guess I'm pinning my hopes now on Amazon actually shipping my UK SNES Classic despite their product page claiming they couldn't. I apologize for having to jack an order from our friends across the pond, but NoA and U.S. retailers are dicks.

UK will send it. Had the same warning for Amiibos and other items. They all shipped at release.

Top Bottom