• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

If it's anything like when I worked there, they are waiting for other employees or friends to preorder first. I worked the Wii launch and if you weren't an employee or friend you didn't preorder a Wii.

Nah manager is decent. He keeps refreshing over and over. Also is restarting his console now to see if that resolves it.

shandy706

At Ganestop now and they know nothing about preorders.

The manager/employees are keeping their allotment to themselves.

Shame

Possible that store got none, but a friend that worked at GS had a manager that kept and basically scalped rare items for themselves.

Nah manager is decent. He keeps refreshing over and over. Also is restarting his console now to see if that resolves it.

Hopefully true.

MrMephistoX

Apparently everyone forgot that play-Asia is supposedly going to have pre-orders as well. I don’t have high hopes for that going well, but keep an eye out just in case.

Yeah I'm refreshing for the Famicom mini...and praying my Best Buy order doesn't get cancelled. Is Paypal a recurring issue with them? Would it be worth calling and just switching to my CC/Debit?

Would it be reasonable to expect stores to have some non-preorder stock available on release day? I might just try that instead of this constant waiting and failing.

Each store should have a handful of units.

Bring a sleeping bag. You'll be waiting in line for at least 12 hours.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Gamestop at the mall near my work said they preordered the preorders and asked if I had talked to him about getting on a "list"

I was like "wat"

I gave up on getting one to begin with, but it still didn't feel great to suddenly see it on Target, get it in my cart, and then have it disappear and sell out as I signed in.

Kildrek

The people at Gamestop had no idea they were live.

They said "I mean I can look but we have nothing in emails" and then the store manager said "holy shit! It's live!"

RetroHazard

Neo Member
EB let me get so far as to add one to my cart, but then the server would die anytime I tried to load my cart.

Called my EB to try and get my local manager to hook me up since they usually help me out, but they're on vacation.

Rando guy says "Yeah, I can help you out if you come to the store"

Ok buddy, i'm sure there will be any left by the time I drive over there.

RIP

Took my shower at the wrong time. I was lucky enough to get one from Best Buy, but I wanted to get another for my nephew as a Christmas present. He's at the age now when he's starting to play games decently, and this thing has some of the best ever made. Hopefully Nintendo keeps their word and restocks throughout the rest of the year.

lantus

This is nuts, at least with the NES classic, the hype overload wasn't until after launch. People are already foaming at the mouth for one of these already. I'm glad I got mine in last night, but I feel for all of you who are left waiting and empty-handed.

Justinh

I think I finally understand...

1. Ninty releases small batches to drive up demand.
2. Ninty sells the withheld systems on eBay under false user profiles for $600 a pop.

#Profit.

I've always thought it was more... Ninty makes just a few because they're scared they won't sell them all (lol), despite a clear demand for the thing. So... "stupid," not "crazy."

Eh... I refreshed Amazon twice (apparently that was the wrong place to go? lol), I guess I can say I tried. I'm still pissed off at not getting an NES classic, so I kinda wrote this thing off long ago (plus, I wasn't as attached to Super Nintendo).

Type2

I tried to help my friend snag one at every site that went up today and failed. I got a best buy order in for myself but some pages like walmart lasted like 15 seconds?

Juraash

I'm not sure what's more sad at this point. Nintendo's handling of this or my mad dash to try and lock down an order when I already own most of these games as working carts. Probably the latter, especially given how gutted I feel for not locking down a US one today.

Top Bottom