• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

So to recap:

- BBY and Amazon stealth preorders in the middle of the night, missed
- Walmart gone in seconds, missed despite being right there
- Target's site blew up, missed

Guess I'm pinning my hopes now on Amazon actually shipping my UK SNES Classic despite their product page claiming they couldn't. I apologize for having to jack an order from our friends across the pond, but NoA and U.S. retailers are dicks.

Malo

Banned
I'm stuck in my university's financial aid office, but there's 30 people ahead of me and there's a gamestop close by.

🤔🤔

tariniel

I didn't get an alert email for Amazon or Best Buy either, and apparently they're gone? Not that the email would have even woken me up, but what's even the point of signing up for them if I they don't even send it?

Whatever, I'll just keep my $80 and emulate the games. Annoying as hell.

molnizzle

I missed the Target pre-orders because I was out at lunch and the mobile website fucked the order up. Now I'm scared to drive to GameStop and be in a similar situation.

FUCK YOU FOR THIS NINTENDO

The Ummah

Banned
Wario can't even help us at this point.

We are fucked. Oh well. I can't work in these conditions, Nintendo! REGGIEEEEEEEEEE! WE NEED ANSWERS!

Wish they weren't in store...I can't drive and have no way of getting to a store. :/

My absolute last option is Meijer. My brother got lucky and he managed to get his NES by standing in line four hours. The one he went to got 16 so maybe I'll get lucky and can get a SNES with him on launch...

MrMephistoX

Best Buy had better come through I'm going to be pissed otherwise. Since it was up for so much longer than any of these I have a sinking feeling they done fucked up. I used paypal too...

They claim there will be higher supply but the potential problems with that is that A) AFAIK we have no idea what that means. How much more? and B) it's possible the demand for hte SNES will be even higher. Even though the NES sold more in it's prime, the SNES seems to hit the nostalgia spot of current consumers even more so. It's like right in the millennial childhood wheelhouse.
There is also the issue that this is fully on the scalper radar, last summer for the NES Classic it wasn't totally clear how hot it would be. So people are grabbing up as many as possible to resell immediately. My guess is there will be waves of stocks through the holidays, so I'm hoping to just get lucky one time between now and Christmas. We'll see.

Nintendo's PR response next year, months after it's gone out of production, will be so hilarious:

"We didn't anticipate the SNES Classic's demand would be so high. We have such passionate fans!"

"A hearty thanks to the few of you who braved fire and ice to acquire one, but a special shout out to the dedicated millions who just missed out. We understand your disappointment, but this was only intended as a limited time production. So we will be ending production. Thank you for your continued patronage, and stay tuned for information on the Nintendo 64 mini. We'll have significantly morer units for that."

LOL, glad I have one on pre-order from Amazon UK, which is better than not having one at all. I had a feeling this was going to be NES Classic all over again. :/

Top Bottom