• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

RobotVM

I was 3rd in line for an allotment of 5 at Gamestop. Phone was ringing like crazy. Computer was also down for like 10 minutes.

ornery

Jesus...

We're gonna have to chase after that Amazon circus truck again aren't we. What on earth have we become???

simpsons-icecream-truck.jpg

I was in the register about to preorder the SNES Classic and one or two people later they announced that up to that is when they ran out. After them there was a kid who really wanted one so after thinking for a bit, I gave him my position in the line. So at least he got one!

At least I have an Amazon one.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I wonder how many the Nintendo World Store is going to carry. I am not above waiting in line for one...

Went to my closest Gamestop and there were twenty people in line.
There was like 100 people in line in the one near me :X If I didn't have work, I would've went, but naw, I'm good.

Why do I do this to myself? Hopefully the Super Famicom is easier to get like the Famicom was.

stupei

Got mine in store at Gamestop, was there within 10 minutes of that tweet and there were ALREADY three people in line ahead of me! This is insane!

Took the subway to the closest one to work just to see if I could make it and they told me they hit capacity five minutes after it went up.

Kusagari

Can't figure out how to meet demand with NES/SNES Classics, Yet if you want a fucking Animal Crossing amiibo every Target has those coming out their assholes.

I've heard people theorize that's why they're so gun shy now. They saw the huge hype around the Smash Amiibo's and then made 50 million of the next line.

Which only serves to show how clueless Nintendo is if they ever thought the AC amiibo's would have the hype of the Smash ones.

LordofPwn

The only way to really fix this problem is to
peacefully
protest outside the NOA offices directly.
You can also call your local support representative:
1-855-548-4693 (Corporate Social Responsibility)
e-mail form (Corporate Social Responsibility)
1 (800) 255-3700 (Generic Customer Service Number)
You can also attempt to call your local state representatives but I doubt they'll know what you're talking about.
Or we can just continue to bitch about it online in our little dysfunctional support group we call "Nintendo threads"

rizzo0

Walked in and out of my store here in Davenport Florida. No line at all. System didn't have issues. Only allowed 1 preorder per household. $25 down. Thank you Wario for the heads up

BiggNife

peacefully
You can also attempt to call your local state representatives but I doubt they'll know what you're talking about.
Or we can just continue to bitch about it online in our little dysfunctional support group we call "Nintendo threads"

lmao if you actually think a protest at NOA's offices would do anything

It's not like they can magically whip up more stock

shandy706

I was in the register about to preorder the SNES Classic and one or two people later they announced that up to that is when they ran out. After them there was a kid who really wanted one so after thinking for a bit, I gave him my position in the line. So at least he got one!

At least I have an Amazon one.

I hear you, internet fist bump.

I like you.

BigBri1

Neo Member
The Gamestop closest to me are only getting 6...I was #5. This is insane. Does anyone know if you can go to another GameStop to get another or will their system know you got one already and not allow you?

peacefully

State representatives? Like government? Why, so they'll laugh at me?

The ONLY thing I can imagine that makes this stock situation make sense is the following:

Nintendo is licensing these third party games on a per-unit basis. IE $7 to capcom for every unit they produce.
Combined with the cost of production and the code they consider there own games worth, Nintendo believes every unit that DOES NOT sell will cost them significantly more money than the profit from those they do sell. Say 1 not sold is worth the profit of 20 sold or some such. Because of this, they are just wildly unwilling to produce too many.

This is also me just talking out my butt though.

DJChuy

Thank you Gaf for telling me you can pre-order in store. Just got one!

Phone was ringing like crazy, computers were down and a line started forming up, but I got one.

I love you all. Not you Nintendo

peacefully

lolol

i can't.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
peacefully

This is a joke right?

Klocker

Damn keep missing them, gamestop in my area all gone, missed best buy and Amazon last night and target this morning by two or three minutes...

Oh well not to be unless Nintendo does the right thing and puts these on the shelves in proper quantities

peacefully

please don't.

Gator86

Sorry, not seeing anything "defense force" in my statement. I just don't think it's worth people getting as worked up as they appear to be, especially this early in.

Oh good, people were waiting for someone with a Nintendo username to tell them how irritated they should be. Thank God you were here.

jmizzal

going there now

Walked to Gamestop from my job it took 10 mins, got there nobody was there got my preorder in, they were getting hammered with phone calls lol.

I work in a kinda rich area and the gamestop is in the mall, so less scalpers

I did the same with my Switch preorder nobody was there

I like that gamestop did it in the afternoon, dont have to worry about campers

peacefully

I'm glad I read this post lmao

Top Bottom