• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

jmizzal

I love that my job is right near Gamestop, Bestbuy and Target lol

And I can leave out when ever I want, hard to miss out on these things, screw the scalpers and online bots

Hexer06

I won't even be able to get to Gamestop for another 4 hours or so. No way pre-orders last that long. Love that I've wasted hours for nothing. Got "Cart Jacked" from Walmart and Target within seconds of them going up. This just really leaves a bad taste in my mouth for Nintendo. Really don't like supporting them when they've been making Consoles longer than Sony and MS, yet they're the farthest behind in both Internet Infrastructure and manufacturing hardware. How???

Head.spawn

anigif_enhanced-buzz-19782-1370550356-30.gif

Got my SNES Mini (non-weirdo UK version) and Project Scorpio, feeling great.

Got one at B&M Gamestop. Had to wait around for their system to come back up. My store only had 12. Met some cool people while waiting in line, though.

mindatlarge

Yeah, the GS employees aren't holding orders for their friends. Most of them are just clueless as hell and don't realize GameStop's ancient system requires rebooting.

Got mine at GameStop, apparently got the last one at my store.

Idk if this helps because it varies by store, but I called at 10:41AM PST requesting quantity, the lady said they had 5 left. Got to the store at 10:50AM PST, and managed to snag the last one.

Guy walked in right after i checked out and gave me the stare after the lady told him she just sold the last one...

Feels weird saying this, but GameStop actually came through for once.
Almost makes me feel bad for bad mouthing them so much. Almost.

I'm guessing it's Walmart just covering their asses. My interpretation of it (and this could be entirely wrong so just take it as a hypothetical) is that they assume the units won't enter the supply chain until the 29th, so it'll take time to get them out to distribution centers and then out to each shipping center or ship-to-store location.

walmart opened preorders?

Ashler

I can't believe I got one from Target on time. I was lucky enough to be refreshing their page when it went up and before the swarm came in from twitter notices.

Happy day!

vgamer1

Got one from GameStop!!

Arrived at GameStop at 2pm. They had 10, when I got there they had 4 left. Three people came in while I was pre ordering and got theirs. 5 more came after that and left empty handed. This is all in a 5 minute span. Their phone did not stop ringing the entire time.

I was able to get one at a Gamestop near me, they only had 10 allotted to their store according to the manager I talk with when I go there. I was the 5th in line to get one reserved lol. Had a fun time though, all the people there were all talking about their favorite SNES game, cheering when one of us got a preorder in. Good times and really made me smile to joke about games with some random strangers in there. Good luck to those still looking for one. If you have a Gamestop in a remote area go now. Don't wait.

TheGrue

Stock keeps showing and disappearing on the app for me. I might be interested in a bundle with a controller, but can't get things up to check out what is included.

Successfully preordered the third SNES at my local Gamestop. I was, however, annoyed by the fact that the cashier, overwhelmed by the experience, allowed an older woman in front of me to order two (on separate Gamestop accounts). Still, got mine!

Top Bottom