• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNES Classic Preorder Shitshow Discussion (Please Read Rules in OP)

Just got home from Gamestop.
The dude said they only got 8 total preorders. Although said 16 were at a different gamestop in town.

He said if people want one, don't waste time calling, go in asap and try.

...I just preordered a SNES classic and didn't even want one. Guess I'll be reselling it or giving someone a great Christmas gift. lol

a little irritated with one of my main gamestop employees. people are walking in and this guy is telling customers, "we had 50 people on the list of reserves, preorders are done".

i decided to call him on his bluff and say "i was number 2 on that list, how can i preorder since i didnt get a call?"(mind you i am #2 on that and #1 on their Xbox X listing). He changes up his story, "we sold out to the people who were here earlier".

so i asked him why is he even lying about it and if theyre doing lists, why arent they honoring those lists? he shrugged. if i didnt luck out and get one, id be pissed.

Backlogger

Probably already mentioned. I went to my Gamestop and they told me that only got 10 pre-orders and of course all were sold out.

...I just preordered a SNES classic and didn't even want one. Guess I'll be reselling it or giving someone a great Christmas gift. lol

Good for you, but I find comments like this extremely annoying and aggravating. I know its ultimately Nintendo's fault, but come on bro. Lots of people in here really wanted one. Comments like this aren't helpful.

Weston

Went into Gamestop and they said that the preorders weren't up in the system yet. So they had me preorder under a temporary SKU and they'd transfer it over. Really hope that goes through. They already have my money and I was the second person to preorder. A lot of people came in after me.

The App does not just have bundles! Search for: "Super Nes Classic" and it should eventually show up.

I got to the product page, hit Checkout, and then it opened a Safari window that times out. I'm just sitting here refreshing now.

jmizzal

dont know why people even bother calling gamestop, once I saw the tweet I went there.

If you call and your more then 5 mins away your most likely out of luck if they have 5 they will be gone by the time you get there, its not like they are gonna hold it.

spad3

The dude said they only got 8 total preorders. Although said 16 were at a different gamestop in town.

I went with little to no hope to mine. No line. Nothing. Just the store associate and one remaining preorder.

Give it a shot.

Missed out on Amazon and Best Buy due to being stuck in traffic because of the eclipse. Did all the prep work for Walmart and Target but wasn't fast enough. Once I heard about GameStop I rushed to the mall, ran through most of it, and managed to get my preorder in. Their system was down so they couldn't look up accounts for a while. There were two Best Buy employees in there getting theirs. One of them, asking for their manager, tried to find out how many Classics were available, but the employee said he can't give out that information to him. The Best Buy employee who just completed her transaction was the same one I talked to during the crazy GameStop trade-in thing. I had gone to Best Buy to get a bunch of games to trade-in and she knew exactly what I was doing it for, saying she would have as well if all the money wouldn't be tied up in GameStop credit.

I felt bad for the GameStop employee who had to keep answering the phone dealing with customers. Every phone call was about the Classic and asking whether they can hold it over the phone. He said most of their stock had gone out in the past 10 minutes and that anyone who still needed to drive to their store probably wouldn't make it in time. The employee I was dealing with suggested I give another name and phone number since mine wouldn't come up, but that wouldn't have worked either since their entire system wasn't working. Thankfully, after about ten minutes of waiting, my name finally came up successfully and I got it. I confirmed that this guaranteed me a system at launch.

One of the customers thought all the phone calls were about a Madden Early Access thing. One older couple was returning a copy of Titanfall 2 because they wanted a new, sealed copy and were given a used copy. Unfortunately, the store did not have any new copies. The employee seemed agitated and explained the whole point of the PowerUp Rewards program is to save money on used games and that it works the same, but the couple wanted to give it as a gift to their daughter/granddaughter. Hopefully they can get the new copy nearby!

Now it's time to do the survey for the very patient, helpful employee I preordered from.

Kusagari

$165 bundle comes with two wireless controllers, a StarFox 2 Lithograph and a hardcover of the SNES book(I think it's the guide coming out at the same time?),

ROFISH

Neo Member
When I saw that in-person pre-orders were available at GameStop I literally ran to my car and sped there. There was only two people in line ahead of me and I managed to get one! (This was at 10:15am Pacific.)

Went in-store to Gamestop and pre-ordered. Was probably the 8th person in line ~30 minutes after the tweet went out. The way the GS employee made it sound, pre-ordering is the only way to get one in-store the day it comes out. Doesn't seem like any stock will available for walk-ins.

So relieved to have this over with.

tier1dc

why won't gamestop just contract a few more AWS servers for stuff like this?

It makes no sense. They're leaving money on the table.

App lets my select the $99.99 bundle but it won't got to checkout

conpfreak

Saw the GameStop tweets and drove right to the store. Got the last pre-order at that location. Had 5 five people walk in behind me for the SNES Classic with 2 minutes. Three people ahead of me. Crazy.

Um... I actually want one and have been trying all morning to get one. I'll buy it from you

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, I went to bed, this thread was at 46 pages, now it's at 97.

So aside from GS seemingly going up (I'm guessing they're done now), what else happened? I should see if my GS is still doing it (which I doubt) since I can use a $15 off coupon from Power Up Rewards.

Got one.

HWAxcQW.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
So far I've missed Best Buy by maybe an hour, missed Wal-mart by maybe an hour (but it was only up for 4 seconds per the thread), missed local GameStop (sold out almost instantly even in a smaller town), and missed Target by an hour.

I got the Amazon funky order in but I also had an earlier Wal-Mart order in and that got cancelled after a few days so I'm not very optimistic.

jacobeid

Banned
Had one all set in the app. Hit checkout and the app crashed.

Fobdqohdwlndlqbdiqhidbqigdoqbdizowgc hrjsjwkehrjegwugiabskjriesnhdpdbwkxojekeezhdkwhwman

Weevilone

I just bought one of Gamestop's stupid bundles, but it was only $100.

Problem is I got charged multiple times trying to get an order, and finally got 1 through. Now I need to figure out which charge worked.

molnizzle

Man where do you guys live? When I showed up at GameStop about 40 minutes ago there were like 25 people inside waiting for a miracle, even after the full allotment had been sold.

Lebneney

Banned
Was able to get mine from my local GameStop. There were maybe 12 or 13 available at the store.

Honestly this is sad. Screw nintendo and their bad practices.

So far I've missed Best Buy by maybe an hour, missed Wal-mart by maybe an hour (but it was only up for 4 seconds per the thread), missed local GameStop (sold out almost instantly even in a smaller town), and missed Target by an hour.

I got the Amazon funky order in but I also had an earlier Wal-Mart order in and that got cancelled after a few days so I'm not very optimistic.

At the very least some Amazon reps have said the preorder is legit, and there's a precedent set by JoyCons going up under a similar name.

tesqui

this has been way worse than I thought it would be. That Best Buy page from last night was up for what felt like an eternity compared to these.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
After like 6 years of trying, I finally was able to find the bundles on the Gamestop app, but I can't get to any of the product pages. :/

Top Bottom