• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snoopy Flying Ace |OT| Quaffing Root Beers With Bill Mauldin

I am starting to wonder if the game has some balance issues, at least in Dogfight. Firing Leech into a cloud of planes = profit.

Also, they gotta remove kill points for shooting down anyone besides the Bone carrier in regular Dogpile. Games are always two minutes long because everyone else is deathmatching like idiots.

Cardon

Joe Shlabotnik said:
I am starting to wonder if the game has some balance issues, at least in Dogfight. Firing Leech into a cloud of planes = profit.

Yeah I didn't know if it was me sucking it up as I've only logged an hour into the game so far but I was getting owned by the Leech a lot, even with evasive moves. Other than that the game is awesome but a few of the weapons do feel a bit too strong.

robatw

Joe Shlabotnik said:

I started wondering too but then it occurred to me that this is just because of all those level 1 player who go straight to the middle of the map and try to get some kills. If you play cautiously you won't get killed all the time by that leech weapon.

BTW i unlocked that shirt a few minutes ago.

I got a lot of gold medals but i don't know how to collect the birds in the right way. On those two levels i just get 1 gold medal instead of 3.

Gowans

Yeah if you don't know to barrel roll it off Leech is too brutal in Dogfight.

Hopefully they can address it in future patches, they seem to imply DLC coming later too.

ARG!!!!!! 25-1 in dogfight! (Using Leech like a mofo), people are getting better, will have to be on form to get my 25-0 achievement.

Rad-

Man yesterday I was smashing planes left and right and now it's like a totally different game. I was getting smashed. Leech is almost useless now, almost everyone was barrel rolling all the time. :lol

Gowans

Rad- said:
Man yesterday I was smashing planes left and right and now it's like a totally different game. I was getting smashed. Leech is almost useless now, almost everyone was barrel rolling all the time. :lol
Yeah people are starting to get better quick, no more shooting fish in a barel with leech, that 25-0 achievement I may as well kiss goodbye.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Gowans007 said:
Yeah people are starting to get better quick, no more shooting fish in a barel with leech, that 25-0 achievement I may as well kiss goodbye.
You can do it with a bot in a local match...It's a pity, I know.

Just got home, bought it, love it. The only two problems I have with it are the barrel rolls last way too long and based on my SP medaling, I'm not all that good at this game

kairu

Man, I hope this comes to PSN. I havent played a decent snoopy game since Snoopy's Silly Sports on the NES.

Nelo Ice

Banned
damn this game is awesome! graphics are insane and multi is a blast

only problem is multi will be dead in a month and i rarely play xbla games even though i have so many and by the time i bother with them they go on sale :lol

Jube3

Completely dismissed this game due to the whole snoopy thing , then I saw IGN's review and nearly fell out of my chair. Grabbed the demo, bought it as soon as I got home. So awesome.:D :D GT: Ayo jube if anyone wants to get some games in.

Also, avatar support is so awesome. Its so great seeing red sox jerseys, storm troopers and gears of war soldiers parachuting down as you play haha.

Tokubetsu

Gowans007 said:
I played the hell out of Crimson Skies but I'm having more fun with this.

It's really scratching a itch I didn't know I had so bad.

Why do I die every time I get Woodstock :( getting the Red Barron Avatar Unlock is gona be nails.

Same, Jube was pissing me off earlier. He got the flying house like 5 games in a row.

Also, more games need avatar support. Seriously.

Gowans

Tokubetsu said:
Same, Jube was pissing me off earlier. He got the flying house like 5 games in a row.

Also, more games need avatar support. Seriously.
Can't wait to get playing with you guys, don't worry I'll show Jube who's boss!

robot

Won my first match last night, finally got the doghouse going. That alone was worth the $10. Though I agree, leech seems overpowered...I've been using that and the little air mines.

Glix

I've never told anyone on GAF how to spend their money...

GAF, BUY THIS!

Only 10 bucks, great graphics, wonderful weapons and dogfighting, and buttery smooth online play, with 16 people!!!!

I downloaded this last night, got to rank 18! Stayed up way later than I should have, what an awesome game!

mujun

Yeah, this game is pretty damned sweet for 800pts.

Love the MP. Frantic, fun and unlike much MP gaming, not frustrating in the least for me.

SP is also sweet. I actually want to replay levels to get the gold, same way I did with Toy Soldiers. That speaks to the games polish in my book.

Highly recommended.

Bog

Junior Ace
Gowans007 said:
Yeah if you don't know to barrel roll it off Leech is too brutal in Dogfight.

Hopefully they can address it in future patches, they seem to imply DLC coming later too.

ARG!!!!!! 25-1 in dogfight! (Using Leech like a mofo), people are getting better, will have to be on form to get my 25-0 achievement.

Yeah, I went 25-1 in my first ever dogfight (22 kills, then died, then picked up the last 3). And it was the same night as Galarraga's near-perfect game. I suddenly knew how he felt.

Gowans

We need to get some GAF games going, see how we stack up or team up on some chumps.

I should be on in a hour if anyones up for it.

Blizzard

Banned
The_Inquisitor said:
I saw the quick look on GiantBomb and it looks really good actually.

What is the GAF consensus? The avatar awards look amazing.
Get the demo and make your own consensus. ;-)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I had a good time today playing 16 player deathmatches, picking a heavy plane, and just running around firing leeches and land mines everywhere I went. Worked surprisingly well and since I was never actually tailing any one person I managed to avoid getting in direct confrontations a lot of the time.

Odrion

Banned
Jube3 said:
Completely dismissed this game due to the whole snoopy thing , then I saw IGN's review and nearly fell out of my chair.
Yeah, it was a really good review and I wasn't surprised when I saw that Arthur Geese wrote it. Totally was sold on the game by that review too.

Fuck, it's only 800 allards anyways.

Gowans

Been playing a few games tonight, the cometition are raising their game. A good majority of people are rolling off leeches and mining the he'll out of the maps now. Time for a tactic change.

Around 20,000 on the leaderboard now too, not too shabby!

Tokubetsu

Gowans007 said:
Been playing a few games tonight, the cometition are raising their game. A good majority of people are rolling off leeches and mining the he'll out of the maps now. Time for a tactic change.

Around 20,000 on the leaderboard now too, not too shabby!

I've been kinda settling on Rainmaker and EMP as my loadout but it's hard to stay focused for Rainmaker AND watch out for leeches/oncoming fire at the same time.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I prefer Mini Gun+Mini Mines. Best combo. Mini mines are great for people who get on your tail, and for just chilling in. Mini Gun is unavoidable, and massive damage quickly to an enemy. Use it in combo with the normal gun, takes about as long to kill someone as a leech does, not to mention the nasty range it has

Glix

I rock in turrets. Got the Doghouse from just turret kills!

I load out with mines and green missiles. Mines are just too good for lucky kills here and there, and for wrecking someone who is too close behind you.

Green missiles nicely combine power and homing.

I'd love to use EMP, but I have to get much better at it first.

Rad-

Hey Microsoft and Smith & Tinker, how about hiring these guys to do Crimson Skies 2? How's that for a plan.

Nelo Ice

Banned
damn! been playing multi more and im soo tempted to pull the trigger

i hope the community holds up since the only xbla game ive seen that didnt die a short and quick death was bf 1943

I've found this game really addictive, lotsa fun.

Has anyone else noticed that one of the hints talk about something called "Team Wild Woodstock"? Seems like it's a mode they left out since I couldn't find it anywhere, maybe it'll show up in DLC. Sounds like a mode where you have to collect Woodstock birds and bring them back to a cage, probably first team to get a certain amount wins.

Eternia

Just bought this today after fiddling around with the trial, it's rare that I have fun playing random matches but it is too addictive. I also hope the community sort of sticks around a bit more than regular arcade titles.

I did experience a few freezes when joining online matches. I'm not sure if they were related to hosts dropping out or not but things seemed fine if I exited my current session and joined again.

Managed to get the Flawless achievement just on the last match before bed. And a complete sidenote (since he just posted), I totally killed a Master Ninja a bunch of times a few hours ago. :D

Kajiba

voodoopanda said:
I've found this game really addictive, lotsa fun.

Has anyone else noticed that one of the hints talk about something called "Team Wild Woodstock"? Seems like it's a mode they left out since I couldn't find it anywhere, maybe it'll show up in DLC. Sounds like a mode where you have to collect Woodstock birds and bring them back to a cage, probably first team to get a certain amount wins.

:lol I was gonna post that yesterday. But yeah, seems like DLC is coming. Probably new planes, weapons and game modes.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Rad- said:
Hey Microsoft and Smith & Tinker, how about hiring these guys to do Crimson Skies 2? How's that for a plan.

how about ignoring crimson skies 2 and hiring these guys to do their original ratchet and clank + crimsons skies snoopy full length action adventure game.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Rad- said:
Problematic, as Crimson Skies 2 came out ages ago.

Top Bottom