• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

Salazar said:
aEc1S.gif
Haha I mean a wider range of people. Most of you guys post in there as well, but some people from that thread don't seem to check this thread.
That Taeyeon racist stuff is some bullshit stupid antis made up. Here is the clip:

http://www.mediafire.com/?5ttmymmgtwm

The Korean is simple enough that I know what she is saying and I don't even speak Korean that well.

She says:
Hangeul: 흑인 친구 정말 너무 예쁜 저
Romanized: Hugin chingu jeongmal nomu yeppeun cho
Transliterated: Black[person] friend really[truly] too[very much] pretty I
Translation: My black friend is really very pretty, I think.

There is no room for anything else in that little bit she said. Even with the completely open design of Korean insofar as word arrangement goes, the meaning is completely clear and simple.

In response the other dude goes:
Hangeul: 맞아요 맞아요
Romanized: Majayo majayo
Translated: That's right/True, true

No awkwardness or hesitation.
Yeah but I don't think that's even the line that was in question? The conversation had been going for quite a bit before that. I don't have the file, nor do I remember exactly what was said. But pretty sure that part of the conversation wasn't what she was getting flack for. Correct me if I'm wrong.

But anyway if she did say it I wouldn't be surprised, like I said, I hear similar statements a lot. And if said in Korean it doesn't even sound that offensive. Once you translate it I can understand where people would have a problem with it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
ramyeon said:
Yeah but I don't think that's even the line that was in question? The conversation had been going for quite a bit before that. I don't have the file, nor do I remember exactly what was said. But pretty sure that part of the conversation wasn't what she was getting flack for. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I got that sound clip straight from the antis.

Also, the next show you can see her in a good mood, then she logs on to the site for the show and sees a bunch of hate messages and is immediately down, and actually starts crying and then apologizes even though she has no idea what is going on except that something she said made people angry.

Salazar

DXPett1 said:
Wait what... when did this Alicia Keys thing happen?

2009, I think. That was also when Taengoo fired radio shots at nurses when she went to the hospital and they were slack about treating her or something. That apparently made people (netizens, lol) really mad.

ramyeon

DXPett1 said:
Wait what... when did this Alicia Keys thing happen?
Aaages ago. Around the beginning of 2009.

Also, the next show you can see her in a good mood, then she logs on to the site for the show and sees a bunch of hate messages and is immediately down, and actually starts crying and then apologizes even though she has no idea what is going on except that something she said made people angry.
No other sites have full audio of the show, so I guess it's a mystery. I wouldn't be surprised either way, if it were true or not. If that's the clip the antis are basing their argument off though it's pretty ridiculous.

Alta1r said:
I thought all the girls looked fine/good without their make-up. But their eyes seemed like half the size they normally are. I don't know if that's just cause they were just woken up or if they actually have some sort of makeup that makes their eyes look physically bigger. Either way, it was shocking.

the power of circle lenses :p. For those that dont know what they are, basically they are contact lenses which are larger then normal with a "coloured iris" that covers your real iris and makes your iris look larger, hence larger eyes

Dice

wing_zero8556 said:
the power of circle lenses :p. For those that dont know what they are, basically they are contact lenses which are larger then normal with a "coloured iris" that covers your real iris and makes your iris look larger, hence larger eyes
They're dumb. Cube has Hyunah wear them all the time to match her outfits, but her natural eyes are SO BEAUTIFUL.

ramyeon

wing_zero8556 said:
Most Koreans use circle lenses that don't change the colour of your eyes, which is a lot less freaky. I don't know how popular they are with regular people anymore though, there was a huge boom in the early 2000s when they were really popular. I don't see them so much these days though.

ramyeon said:
Most Koreans use circle lenses that don't change the colour of your eyes, which is a lot less freaky. I don't know how popular they are with regular people anymore though, there was a huge boom in the early 2000s when they were really popular. I don't see them so much these days though.

they are really popular among asian girls especially chinese. i live in australia and a lot of the chinese girls that come over from mainland china or taiwan love their circle lenses and fake eye lashes

Dice

I just remembered one of my, uh, connections... will be watching 1080p Hyunah performance in a couple minutes...

ramyeon

wing_zero8556 said:
they are really popular among asian girls especially chinese. i live in australia and a lot of the chinese girls that come over from mainland china or taiwan love their circle lenses and fake eye lashes
Yeah I live in Australia too :D Chinese girls use them a lot, definitely true. A few of my Korean friends use them but not many. It can look okay sometimes, but usually it's just too much :/

ramyeon said:
Yeah I live in Australia too :D Chinese girls use them a lot, definitely true. A few of my Korean friends use them but not many. It can look okay sometimes, but usually it's just too much :/

haha awesome, im in melbourne :D

yeah circle lenses are ok but ive seen ones that are just freakishly huge. same goes with the fake eye lashes, some girls stick some on that are like 10cm long and it just looks stupid

Alta1r

wing_zero8556 said:

Do they make the whites look bigger too? I swear their whites look bigger too. Or the bigger blacks make the whites look bigger in some sort of optical illusion or something.

Fafnir

Dice said:

Good find, I was searching around for the audio for that to hear it myself.

Pics for the Daum Cloud app:

94aBG.png
NjcCj.png

tDhfu.png
97WjQ.png

EmAHH.png
sZs1g.png

IbPTt.png
iTJVL.png

H9omY.png
LBBwS.png

Dice

That is the best Hyoyeon has ever looked.

I also nearly just died watching the Hyunah performance.

DXPett1

Woah, there is alot more AusSoshiGAF than expected!

Netizens be damned I still <3 Taengoo. Is she still the leader or did she give the title up? Big thing emotionally and mentally to have on your shoulders

Ranvier

When did SNSD go to Phuket, was it recent or way back when?

Fafnir said:

And yeah, Hyo's been looking better and better. I feel like when they strictly control the kind of clothes she wears and how she does her hair she is amazing. I remember in Hello Baby when the other girls were complaining about her horrible sense of style (she was wearing hot pink stockings in the scene) Hyo claimed it was because she wanted to be unique and standout and not be cookie cutter like the rest of them.

Salazar

DXPett1 said:
Is she still the leader or did she give the title up? Big thing emotionally and mentally to have on your shoulders

I think she said something like "eh, it doesn't matter so much anymore".

l1MFX.gif

SHYSI.gif

ZRvba.gif

Oh snap. Ji-Hyo just
betrayed the fuck out of JaeSuk.
Awesome.

Fafnir

Alta1r said:
Posted in order by age. Nice!
Yeah I tend to post their pics in age order since Taeyeon is going to be at the top anyways lol

DXPett1 said:
Netizens be damned I still <3 Taengoo. Is she still the leader or did she give the title up? Big thing emotionally and mentally to have on your shoulders
Like they said on Strong Heart, the fans will always consider Taengoo to be the leader even though the group really doesn't really need one or until Seohyun steps it up and takes over.

FuY7H.gif

Damn that Hyunah performance was getting close to being a wet tshirt contest. I'm wondering if kicking off her heels was part of the performance because it would be badass if she ad-libbed that part.

gTM9T.gif

Salazar

sBKZk.gif
IPXgT.gif

Sica so bored holding the money box.

3pZgB.gif

They need to get Hyunah to perform Bubble Pop in front of an audience of old people, so they can get those epic camera cuts to disapproving faces.

DXPett1

You just reminded me what I should be doing while bored.... aquiring MORE Running Man!

Salazar said:

Between this concept and both RDR concepts I am convinced Taeng with long hair is superior!

broadwayrock said:

Every time I see/read about BEG, Ga-In seems to be the most popular member, I will never understand why. She looks like plastic.

Ranvier said:
yuri-yoga.jpg

This is the prime she needs to get back to. Shes almost there, just a few more pounds...

I hope she goes back to darker hair too.

Salazar said:

Fafnir said:

What are these from?

Dice said:
This one is mostly for spazzing or discussion of your admiration for the people. The other one is for discussion of the art that they perform.

I am sticking to this one. Despite the fact that I enjoy alot of K-Pop, I care more about the people (the girl bands mostly) than the music, SNSD in particular.

Dice said:
That is the best Hyoyeon has ever looked.

Nope.

kxnFQ.jpg

Hyo looks best when she doesn't let her hair frame her entire face.

edit: This is also true for Sunny in my opinion.

God-tier Sunny (and Yuri, low-tier Tiffany). Also a pretty godly performance. I love it when they just get to move around and be cute instead of always dancing to a particular routine. The Echo MV is a breath of fresh air.

watched a whole bunch of flyingpetals taeyeon vids again, they must have the worlds largest collection of taeyeon pics/vids/etc.

taeyeon is goddess tier for me, noone even comes close to her. not even tiffany (though shes my number 2 lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMKpVhNNC_g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-UdIQjn-2M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br2FbEnVl_M

one of the best songs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FTsRkv3-kA (though the video makes it look like she passed away and its a tribue to her lolol)

Salazar

wing_zero8556 said:
for ausSoshi fans:

I suspect we are being trolled. I will nevertheless be ready to buy a ticket.

Edit: A bunch of forum posts about it. Supposedly November - I have tickets for the Australian Chamber Orchestra doing Beethoven, but I know what will take precedence.

Salazar said:
I suspect we are being trolled. I will nevertheless be ready to buy a ticket.

i smell a MASSIVE troll, but even on JK ent's site theres like a "get ready for the biggest event" advertisement and i think they were the company that organised the australia-korea goodwill concert with that dude and shinee so they are legit...

Salazar said:
Edit: A bunch of forum posts about it. Supposedly November - I have tickets for the Australian Chamber Orchestra doing Beethoven, but I know what will take precedence.

LOL, i potentially might have vacation work.. see how it goes

vanty

Seems like BS to me. Why would they come to a country where they'll (basically) never sell any music? And at a huge, outdoor stadium where they'd need to sell tens of thousands of tickets?

Salazar

vanty said:
Seems like BS to me. Why would they come to a country where they'll (basically) never sell any music? And at a huge, outdoor stadium where they'd need to sell tens of thousands of tickets?

I choose to BELIEVE.

At least until tomorrow morning anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom