• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

Stabby McSter said:
who needs to rank the rest when you have a perfect number one?

Amen brotha.

mDO6bh.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Peru said:
This thread is a bit of a sad sight with the constant ranking talk.
It is bound to come up when new people join in. They are so good looking you need to try and provide some context to settle the fact with your mind.

Just gonna post this here because it will get lost on the front page, but I did end up making a Korean thread if anyone else who's studying it wants to post.

Link

Really excited for the new Miss A comeback, hope the live performances are as good as the last ones I've seen.

filler

Banned
Ranvier said:
So just got done with episode 17 of IY and something that really threw me for a loop was the whole dumpling eating scene. Sunny makes a cutesy face and Taewoo says that is something a Japanese Idol would do. Then the fat one says, "Hey, we also have a black man at the table."

Yuri then throws on her hood and says in English, "You die" straight to the camera. This is followed by a couple of "what up yo", ending with the oh no you diddin head shake along with the snapping of the fingers. And everyone at the table cracked up. They even edited it so her words come on screen and they put in the laugh track. I haven't seen such blatant stereotyping since Shananae in that TV show Martin. Is this because contact with black people is limited and mainly through American TV shows? If so, then its kinda forgivable and makes sense but I still refuse to believe all Korean's stereotype black people this much.

This is why I'm not so quick to dismiss Taeyeon's racist comment. They don't hate black people, they are just ignorant. Still no excuse for it though.

lunlunqq

Come on, guys. Hating on a group is stupid. Liking a group but hating on specific member(s) is equally so. Everybody has their own favorites. Praise the ones you like. Refrain from bashing the ones you don't care for. Don't spam this thread with your own bias. We are better than that.

Ashhong

Salazar said:
Seungyeon Defence Force is done. Can never win that battle. Ashhong was too strong.

lol, now if only I could get the Minah defense force to disband, my work for this month might be complete.

filler said:
This is why I'm not so quick to dismiss Taeyeon's racist comment. They don't hate black people, they are just ignorant. Still no excuse for it though.

Overall, yes, Korea is very ignorant. However, Taeyeon's comment is not. As a Korean, I can tell you with no bias that her words have no meaning whatsoever. There is nothing to even discuss about it because its that ridiculous.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
broadwayrock said:
T-ara win today's M Countdown:

91T0n.jpg

qQvR0.jpg
Anyone have a gif from the video of their win? Towards the end of the video, Eunjung turns to Jiyeon and barks at her, or something... was pretty random.

Dice

I'll whip one up...

ejrjze.gif

Eunjung flirts with Jiyeon all the time. Not as openly as Taeyeon does to Tiffany but when they're just hanging around it's at about the same level.

Easy to understand, Jiyeon is too adorable to leave alone.

Alta1r

filler said:
I actually am not better than that. Seohyun will always be "may as well not even be in the group" tier.

Lol. I second this. And would add Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Sunny in that category as well.

TR5r6h.jpg

panda21

Salazar said:
Seungyeon Defence Force is done. Can never win that battle. Ashhong was too strong.

woah I'm still here! representing Minah DF too. just not enough time to read the thread.

also just to re-askerate, anyone have links to the perfume vids? the nee one and the one with them running through all different places?

I can understand the crying, but then again, it's not like they wrote, produced, or choreographed the song or lyrics. It would kinda be like Elliott Smtih won a grammy (yeah right) and his backing band was crying due to the victory.

Yeah, I know. I sounded like a total hater, which I'm not in the least. The success of that song is probably 70% due to their image and hard work, so good for them.

Also, I wonder how much longer SNSD can sustain this success. Do *successful* groups in Korea have much staying power?

Dice

Winning against Hyunah and 2PM is hard. Also, it is called gratitude, and Korea in general seems more sensitive than the "like I give a shit" USA.

And now, Hyunah being too cute on Inkigayo:

hyunah1krcw.gif

hyunah27sre.gif

Fafnir

vas_a_morir said:
Also, I wonder how much longer SNSD can sustain this success. Do *successful* groups in Korea have much staying power?

There is a superstition in Korea for all the top idol groups having a 5 year curse where the groups disband or are not the same as they were at the height of their popularity. Big Bang just reached 5 years and Daesung is currently in a huge scandal...5 year curse? Next year will be 5 years for SNSD.

I'm sure SNSD will eventually move onto solo activities after a couple more years, but will always come back as SNSD. I can see each of them moving into different areas: Taeyeon solo/radio star, Jessica in fashion, Sunny a variety MC, Fany married to Taengoo, Hyo a dance instructor, Yuri a model, Sooyoung doing theatre, Yoona movie star, and Seohyun as a solo singer or tax collector.

qCNqc.gif
8rMCO.gif

DT7pD.gif
7am3u.gif

RZI

Tried gimchi for the first time today. It was pretty good, especially considering that I normally don't like cabbage at all. Now I want to try out other Korean foods.

Ashhong

panda21 said:
woah I'm still here! representing Minah DF too. just not enough time to read the thread.

also just to re-askerate, anyone have links to the perfume vids? the nee one and the one with them running through all different places?

fuck panda, you are killing me here. Hyo AND Minah? You probably love Boram too.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
omg Nana!!! woooooo

also:

"Hwayoung > Boram > Soyeon > Qri > Eunjung > Hyomin > Jiyeon"

^panda's ranking or T-ara not too long ago... has to be trolling.

Ashhong

orangecaramel said:
omg Nana!!! woooooo

also:

Panda is trolling us all. Thats just ridiculous.

Alta1r said:
Are the blue team members amazing singers or something??

Super happy Yoona:
http://i.imgur.com/EHWbuh.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Well Lizzy, Raina and Kahi are their top singer I believe, so Blue has 2 of them. Even ignoring the singing, I can see why the Red team has those 4. They have a more mature, sexy look. Raina Lizzy and E-young definitely dont belong imo. Don't even know the name of the 4th girl in Blue.

Alta1r

orangecaramel said:
omg Nana!!! woooooo

also:

Yeah, maybe he accidentally put ">" instead of "<" . I can't imagine anyone putting Hwayoung AND Boram in T-ara's top 2. AND putting Jiyeon last. Although if it's not fake, I guess he'll have less competition for his top girls, lol.

mnKMyh.jpg

panda21

No it's totally real!! Hwayoung has been my favourite since Tara s hello baby, she's really cute and sweet and good at looking after the children. The others don't come across very nice on that show, and are terrible with the kids. Eunjung has a nice face but her personality is really off putting, Hyomin is just annoying and I don't like her looks, and jiyeon is just grumpy all the time. Boram is incredibly sweet on T ara dream girls.

And I meant seungyeon df not hyoyeon Ash, I have some dignity.

Salazar

Ashhong said:
Well Lizzy, Raina and Kahi are their top singer I believe, so Blue has 2 of them. Even ignoring the singing, I can see why the Red team has those 4. They have a more mature, sexy look. Raina Lizzy and E-young definitely dont belong imo. Don't even know the name of the 4th girl in Blue.

Red team so overpowered.

yZlTI.jpg

GbrkU.gif

j9EJO.jpg

vanty

panda21 said:

This is Nee but it's only a short thing, I don't think there's a proper full-length video for it. I'm guessing Voice is the other one you're talking about? So, so good.

Salazar

Alta1r said:
I hope that gets subbed soon. It looks pretty awesome. And they look pretty amazing from those pics.

I just hope they've got some energy. The interview shows are great when they're ripping on each other and actually want to talk.

ramyeon

Ashhong said:
Panda is trolling us all. Thats just ridiculous.

You know E-young and not Jooyeon? :( She's been around since their debut, although she doesn't do much vocally at all. She's just eye candy. I' more interested in Blue than Red, Lizzy is probably my favourite member and Raina's vocals get me every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom