• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

*Reads page*

tumblr_ll1tm4kuGm1qexw5to1_500.gif

Alright, alright. I've PMed a mod for the name to be changed back.

suCSt.gif

3czIx.jpg

k02bn.jpg

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/05/snsd-to-announce-big-news-on-may-16th

It seems something BIG is coming for SNSD in the coming days. Earlier today, the lovely ladies held their performance of “MR. TAXI” on Music Station and shortly after this performance, their official Japanese website was updated stating that on May 16th “BIG NEWS” is coming.

A very exciting tease for fans, anyone care to ponder on what this “BIG NEWS” could be? Well, we’ll have to wait until the 16th (15th in America) to find out!

SpGP2.jpg

hN3Vd.gif

Sealda

Banned
Can anyone explain the thread title thing going on? I guess, Amirox, first changed it to _____ then changed it back to the old title.

Also, can throw in, being quite disappointed by Hoot, i must say i love Mr. Taxi.

Salazar

Sealda said:
Can anyone explain the thread title thing going on? I guess, Amirox, first changed it to _____ then changed it back to the old title.

I'll take the heat for the change, and the praise for the change back.

They should cancel each other out.

VVfkU.gif

syoaran

Aruarian Reflection said:
Do you guys think the weeaboo era is coming to an end, with Koreaboo coming in as a replacement? Every few years, Hallyu comes and goes, but it seems like it's here to stay this time. There are so many Koreaboos o_O

Dice has pretty much covered the good response, but its also worth mentioning that previous wave's have come off the back off one title. Rain, Big Bang and that drama set in the countryside and the snow (whatever it was, massive hit with housewives in china/japan). Everyone in Korea got on the bandwagon and peddled the fame to literally everyone.

Now its more of a focus domestically, with international fame being a perk rather than a realistic goal. Inside the K-industry, they say they are focusing at home. Outside the K-industry, we know that these producers have a hard time being taken seriously with an industry that takes style over substance every time.

syoaran

Sealda said:

Also, can throw in, being quite disappointed by Hoot, i must say i love Mr. Taxi.

Some talk in the other K-thread about how some new people didn't know if they should talk in existing threads about K-drama and K-TV in general, or if they should make a new thread. I suggested either is fine, Sal mentioned SNSD thread, I mentioned ask a mod, he did - and the rest as they say is history.

We do talk about a lot of RM and K-drama here, but usually only in relation to if k-pop star's feature in them. So it wouldn't be such a bad idea to create a new thread if people so want.

DXPett1

Biscuits said:
I'm thinking either a Japanese album, Japanese concert tour, or both.

They have already announced new dates and shows for the tour of Japan so I would guess the full album they have been teasing.

Salazar

DXPett1 said:
They have already announced new dates and shows for the tour of Japan so I would guess the full album they have been teasing.

Would indeed be big news. Crush the rookie groups, lol.

sTWMu.jpg

Conceptor

good to see this thread is back to normal :lol. RM 16 with Yuri up next! Agree with what you're all saying.. she looked really off in that fancam posted earlier. Perfume fangirling over Tiffany on that talk show was awesome :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom