• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNSD and K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fafnir

Salazar said:
2Xt8D.gif
We17X.gif

Back from my Japan/Korea vacation and catching up on SNSD JP concert news/pics makes me sad that I was not able to get tickets for any of the Japan concerts, especially after seeing the Lady MarmaSexyTaengoo pics /drool

Some random thoughts from my trip:

Korean girls > Japanese girls. The bodies on both are comparable (legs for miles), but the faces are what differs, Korean girls by far have the better faces
probably due to plastic surgery
. Japanese chicks just wear way too much makeup and need to go to the orthodontist as the grills were messed up on 90% of them.

SNSD seems to be universally loved and doesn't really have any haters even amongst beautiful women. Every Korean girl I met I asked if they liked SNSD and they were kind of amazed that I knew about them. A lot of the girls I met liked Jessica, and I really hit it off with one girl after finding out that Taeyeon was her favorite
also because she was rich and owned her own online shopping mall
, it's too bad she went on vacation to Australia the next day as I really wanted to spend more time with her =/

Picked up Mr.Taxi in Tokyo and Vita500 bottles in Korea. After checking out dozens of convenience stores I found that the Yoona, Yuri, and Hyoyeon bottles were the most common and Sunny and Sooyoung were pretty rare to find. I actually only saw one Sunny bottle on my random searches through bottles.

jiX9c.jpg

6V2xh.jpg
bOVmu.jpg

sM7Fu.jpg
LCpyd.jpg

PmEBB.jpg
e4nst.jpg

Got bored on my last day in Seoul and decided to find the SM building. This drab ass yellow building is where the hottest stars in Asia train. I walked past this building a couple times looking for it, for some reason I thought there would be a sign saying SM ENT...only reason I figured out it was SM was because there were some American fangirls peeking through the windows.

UVWzh.jpg
lt13L.jpg

Ashhong

Salazar said:

FUUUUU why didnt you say its scantily clad Tiffany???? I almost didnt bother clicking the link

oh, and After School says

MC Lee Young Ja commented that they seem like they would “wear pretty pajamas when sleeping“, to which After School replied, “We shower together so we tend to not wear much clothes around in the dorm,” leaving much to imagination.

DXPett1

Ashhong said:
oh, and After School says
MC Lee Young Ja commented that they seem like they would “wear pretty pajamas when sleeping“, to which After School replied, “We shower together so we tend to not wear much clothes around in the dorm,” leaving much to imagination.

tumblr_lm6jlfNg181qdcel5o1_400.gif

syoaran

Salazar said:
Yeah, I don't know what's happening with that. Hopefully it won't be too far away.

Hopefully we get it before Offtopic closes shop for E3, this thread has been my gateway into youtube performances all year!

Salazar

syoaran said:
Hopefully we get it before Offtopic closes shop for E3, this thread has been my gateway into youtube performances all year!

I expect tumblr will explode when a decent fancam (or something official) hits.

dGWNY.jpg

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Have SNSD played in the US yet?

Got bored on my last day in Seoul and decided to find the SM building. This drab ass yellow building is where the hottest stars in Asia train. I walked past this building a couple times looking for it, for some reason I thought there would be a sign saying SM ENT...only reason I figured out it was SM was because there were some American fangirls peeking through the windows.
Is there more to this story? :3

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/06/t-aras-hyomin-becomes-a-high-school-student-again-for-gisaeng-ryung

Photos of T-ara’s Hyomin dressed in a school uniform have surfaced on the web, but from where?

Hyomin’s stepped into a uniform again for her role as a high school student in the upcoming thriller, “Gisaeng Ryung“. In the movie, she stars as Han Eun Jung’s younger sister, who’s the key to unlocking all the problems in the film.

Hyomin revealed,

“I don’t know if it’s because I haven’t worn a school uniform in a long time, but I want to go back to high school… In the past, I was jealous of Nam Gyuri and Jiyeon for their cool school uniform looks in the ‘Go Sa‘ thriller movie series… I want to wear the school uniform well too and hear that it looks pretty and fits well on me. I want to be terminator of everyday and school uniform fashions.“

I think it gained something in translation.

VSyVb.gif

Fafnir

Vox-Pop said:
Is there more to this story? :3

Not really, I was across the street at the time and by the time I got to the other side they were gone. I figure they were looking for Shinee or SuJu. I was kind of hoping it was f(x) as one of the fangirls was blond but my mind was playing tricks on me all day as SM ENT is in Apgujeong (high end rich area) so I was seeing even hotter than normal Korean girls all over the place. Damn I'm sad being back in the US and not being surrounded by beautiful legs everywhere I turn =(

Mxknq.jpg

Acid08

Banned
Serious question, do these girls have even a second of their lives that isn't being filmed or kept track of? It seems like a lot for them :(

Salazar

Acid08 said:
Serious question, do these girls have even a second of their lives that isn't being filmed or kept track of? It seems like a lot for them :(

Yeah, they have breaks and go on holidays and stuff. I imagine the official media is by arrangement with their company - so when that company decides enough is enough, it stops. Or decreases, at least. They are worked pretty goddamn hard, though.

As for fans taking pictures and video and wanting autographs or some kind of contact - I don't think that goes away.

There remain quite a few countries, I suppose, where idols won't get recognised and can just chill.

lSjyt.jpg

Niks

Fafnir said:
Not really, I was across the street at the time and by the time I got to the other side they were gone. I figure they were looking for Shinee or SuJu. I was kind of hoping it was f(x) as one of the fangirls was blond but my mind was playing tricks on me all day as SM ENT is in Apgujeong (high end rich area) so I was seeing even hotter than normal Korean girls all over the place. Damn I'm sad being back in the US and not being surrounded by beautiful legs everywhere I turn =(

You're from the US?
Mind if I ask how much was your trip total? (plane tickets, hotels, etc)

Fafnir

Niks said:
You're from the US?
Mind if I ask how much was your trip total? (plane tickets, hotels, etc)

Uggh I didn't really want to look at my CC statement but it breaks down to about $2500.

Plane ticket (multi ticket SFO -> Narita, Incheon -> Narita -> SFO) = $1200. The original ticket price was $1011, but I upgraded to Economy Plus for 2 flights as I can't sit confined in normal coach seats for 8-10 hours.

Hotel in Japan = $265 for 3 nights.

Food in Japan and Korea = $10-30 a day. I like cheap street food.

Shopping = less than $50. Besides the SNSD stuff I bought, the only thing else was a panda hat for a friend.

Subway in Japan = $10. I stuck to Shinjuku, Shibuya, and Akhibara areas. My friend had a car and drove us around the rest of the time.

Shinkansen train Tokyo -> Fukuoka = $172

Beetle hydrofoil Fukuoka -> Busan = $160

KTX train Busan -> Seoul = $50

Accommodation in Seoul -> $0. My mom lives out there so I saved a bunch staying with her.

Subway in Seoul = $20. I went everywhere in Seoul. Get a T-money transit card and it's 900 won a trip to anywhere in the city.

KTX train roundtrip Seoul -> Daegu = $60.

Daegu Novotel Hotel = $350 for 2 nights. Can't believe I spent more on hotel for 2 nights in Daegu than 3 nights in Tokyo but I kind of splurged and stayed at the best hotel in Daegu for baller status.

Nightlife and boozing = $30-50 a night. I could get wasted for cheaper if I drank soju, but after my 1st night of drinking that poison I had the worst hangover ever so it was just bottles of Crown after that.

There are alot of areas where I could have saved, but I'd say a normal trip to just Korea would be around $2000-2500.

Fafnir said:
Uggh I didn't really want to look at my CC statement but it breaks down to about $2500.

Plane ticket (multi ticket SFO -> Narita, Incheon -> Narita -> SFO) = $1200. The original ticket price was $1011, but I upgraded to Economy Plus for 2 flights as I can't sit confined in normal coach seats for 8-10 hours.

Hotel in Japan = $265 for 3 nights.

Food in Japan and Korea = $10-30 a day. I like cheap street food.

Shopping = less than $50. Besides the SNSD stuff I bought, the only thing else was a panda hat for a friend.

Subway in Japan = $10. I stuck to Shinjuku, Shibuya, and Akhibara areas. My friend had a car and drove us around the rest of the time.

Shinkansen train Tokyo -> Fukuoka = $172

Beetle hydrofoil Fukuoka -> Busan = $160

KTX train Busan -> Seoul = $50

Accommodation in Seoul -> $0. My mom lives out there so I saved a bunch staying with her.

Subway in Seoul = $20. I went everywhere in Seoul. Get a T-money transit card and it's 900 won a trip to anywhere in the city.

KTX train roundtrip Seoul -> Daegu = $60.

Daegu Novotel Hotel = $350 for 2 nights. Can't believe I spent more on hotel for 2 nights in Daegu than 3 nights in Tokyo but I kind of splurged and stayed at the best hotel in Daegu for baller status.

Nightlife and boozing = $30-50 a night. I could get wasted for cheaper if I drank soju, but after my 1st night of drinking that poison I had the worst hangover ever so it was just bottles of Crown after that.

There are alot of areas where I could have saved, but I'd say a normal trip to just Korea would be around $2000-2500.

That's a lot more reasonable than expected, although you did have accomodations. Still, maybe my wife and I can afford a vacation this year!

Fafnir

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
That's a lot more reasonable than expected, although you did have accomodations. Still, maybe my wife and I can afford a vacation this year!

I'd advise to avoid June, July, and August as the humidity will be killer. I'm finding some roundtrips for $685 in September, October, and November on Kayak.

I'd really like to go back just for a weekend in July if I could get ticket's to SNSD's Seoul concert.

Ii9Dk.jpg

Ashhong

Go to Korea in September/October after they've made their comeback! Probably be pretty hard to see them on a music show or anything though.

Fafnir said:
I'd advise to avoid June, July, and August as the humidity will be killer. I'm finding some roundtrips for $685 in September, October, and November on Kayak.

I'd really like to go back just for a weekend in July if I could get ticket's to SNSD's Seoul concert.

It would probably be November. I will most likely be in Singapore in November for business, and I was thinking we could hit up either Seoul or somewhere in Japan on our way back to the States. All depends though, we might just stay a few extra days in Singapore as it would be cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom