• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So i finally got a Switch!Please recommend me some exclusives (no WiiU ports)

Cutty Flam

Banned
I got my 8 year old the Pokemon Switch.
I got it cuz I thought she'll enjoy it and there would be loads games available.
Sadly I'm having trouble swimming through the shovelwear at their £49.99 prices to find anything decent suitable for her
Any recommendations would be helpful.
She already has DKCTF and Luigi's Mansion 3, Minecraft and a few others
But seems to play mostly Luigi and Minecraft
I don’t have it yet but my homie bought his daughter (5 years old) Super Mario Odyssey and she seems to like it a lot. If she’s 8 then it might almost be time to buy her The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. It may not be something she’s ready for just yet, she might come around to it in a year or two, maybe three, but when she finally does get to playing it—it’ll be a gem from you that she’ll thank you for for a very long time. I still think the Majora’s Mask and Official Prima Guide my mom bought me (with gift money sent from my grandparents) is the most treasured gift I can remember

I had played Ocarina of Time when I was like 6 or 7, too young. Wasn’t until like age 9 I got around to playing it a little and then I became immersed and it was a one of a kind experience. It may seem like it wasn’t the best gift if she doesn’t play it, but trust in the game, it’s an experience that might change her life. I know The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time did that for me. It’s inspiring, a timeless work of art / masterpiece that brought many good memories of fun with others and a rich gaming experience like no other. Breath of the Wild is my 3rd favorite Zelda game by the way, so that will tell you just how worthwhile the game is. I’m telling you, if you haven’t already bought it, it’s a possible game changer. Can’t go wrong with Mario or Zelda

Cutty Flam

Banned
Also, if you like horror games, I would recommend all the Resident Evil games on the Switch

Although, I’m a fan of them. They aren’t for everyone. But Resident Evil 4 could be for anyone, like the original Resident Evil, the atmosphere puts you right into it all and you wont stop once you get the ball rolling. Just way too good of a game

sublimit

Banned
Get a Satisfye grip for your Lite. It's a game changer. You'll know why after playing any game with any action sequences after about 30 minutes.

As for games, my two most played games on the Switch are BOTW and Civ VI. Several hundred hours worth of fun.
I'm actually thinking to buy a Pro-controller for games like Astral Chain. Is there a good official stand for Switch Lite that will help when playing with a controller?

Pallas

So I got Zelda: BoTW, and so far I’m really loving it! I haven’t played it much but as far as ways to use weapons, destructible environments and kill enemies. I’m impressed but it’s also my first Zelda since OoT.

buizel

Banned
not really anything tbh. you should send the switch to me so i can look after it until good games come out. until then you can just chill in your $5mil mansion

Type_Raver

8SuIjIq.jpg

rRmiwh7.jpg

I was thinking of buying an original Switch by the end of this month,but in a strange coincidence a very good friend of mine actually bought me a Switch Lite (Pokemon edition even though i'm not a fan of Pokemon :p ) yesterday as a present.I always had a Sony/Nintendo combo ever since the PS2/GC era so i also wanted to also have a Switch for its exclusives.

So GAF please recommend me some Switch exclusives!
I don't really care for WiiU's ports because i have all the WiiU games that interest me for my WiiU (except for Mario Kart 8 which i plan to buy on Switch).I also don't care that much for Pokemon/Fire Emblem/Mario/Animal Crossing.
I'm mostly interested in RPGs (especially Japanese ones), action/adventure,and horror games.Any suggestions of good/obscure indie exclusives are also welcomed!

My friend already lend me his copy of Octopath Traveller (but i will most likely also buy it myself for my collection) and i also plan to get these games as well:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Daemon X Machina
Astral Chain

Any other games that might interest me?

Astral Chain was a blast, intense and unique action game with the nice aesthetics.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, my first JRPG that I loved and completed! Huge world's, beautiful music and a great battle system. You must get Torna DLC too!!

Zelda BotW, a generational must play title. Vast open world, take at your own pace but with clear objective markers if you want a pretty linear experience too.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Astral Chain was a blast, intense and unique action game with the nice aesthetics.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2, my first JRPG that I loved and completed! Huge world's, beautiful music and a great battle system. You must get Torna DLC too!!

Zelda BotW, a generation must play title. Vast open world, take at your own pace but with clear objective markers if you want a pretty linear experience too.
I have already played BoTW on my WiiU (although i haven't finished it so i need to get back to it one day)

I have also already bought Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Daemon X Machina. Astral Chain will be the next one.

Last edited:

Ferdimage

Just bought a Switch recently and Fire Emblem Three Houses is the best game I've played on it.
Just Dance 2020 best game my kids play.
Animal Crossing New Horizon is my wife's best game on her Switch Lite.

Skifi28

I'm so tempted to get a switch, the switch light looks amazing but the original you can use with a TV hmm

Don't get a lite. Aside from limiting how you can play, I don't even want to think what happens when you get the mandatory drift when the controller is built in. You have to send the entire thing for repair. At least you can still use your phat on a TV with a pro controller or use a different set of "cons" while the first is repaired.

Last edited:

Animagic

Banned
There are a lot of cool exclusive games. Too many to list, but I’ve really enjoyed Zelda Breath of the Wild Age of Calamity.
One of the best musou style games I’ve played.

MagnesG

Banned

no WiiU ports​

And just like that you killed like 75% of the "worth having" games of this console lol.
I see that this retard brain here working well.

It's more like 50% max if you actually count them out and that is still decreasing, with Switch only halfway through the its lifecycle.

I guess you forgot how PS4 and Xbox works with their ports galore, too bad they're not that good in sales compared to Nintendo ones.

iHaunter

8SuIjIq.jpg

rRmiwh7.jpg

I was thinking of buying an original Switch by the end of this month,but in a strange coincidence a very good friend of mine actually bought me a Switch Lite (Pokemon edition even though i'm not a fan of Pokemon :p ) yesterday as a present.I always had a Sony/Nintendo combo ever since the PS2/GC era so i also wanted to also have a Switch for its exclusives.

So GAF please recommend me some Switch exclusives!
I don't really care for WiiU's ports because i have all the WiiU games that interest me for my WiiU (except for Mario Kart 8 which i plan to buy on Switch).I also don't care that much for Pokemon/Fire Emblem/Mario/Animal Crossing.
I'm mostly interested in RPGs (especially Japanese ones), action/adventure,and horror games.Any suggestions of good/obscure indie exclusives are also welcomed!

My friend already lend me his copy of Octopath Traveller (but i will most likely also buy it myself for my collection) and i also plan to get these games as well:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Daemon X Machina
Astral Chain

Any other games that might interest me?
Only a handful of games worth buying:
Pokemon Sword (If you like Pokemon)
Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild
Mario Odyssey

That's it.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I don't see any mention of Mario Maker 2 in here. That's not a port--it's quite a leap over the original, and endless fun if you're into retro Mario.

Orta

Banned
I was going to recommend it until I'd seen the no Wii U port bit, but seeing as nobody bought it on that system and bugger all people (around (100k) has bought the upgraded Switch port I'm recommending Fast RMX anyway.

This game is sexual....

Last edited:
Top Bottom