• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who is your favorite Digimon?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Not even to support Next Order's localization?

I would say Cyber Sleuth easily tops the other Story games I've played when it comes to gameplay and story, but I've never played Super Xros Wars or Lost Evolution.

I don't really do "buy x game to support y product" since it feels so scummy. Like I only buy things I enjoy, no philosophies and such.

And from what I heard it still has the annoying grind Story games have.

I don't really do "buy x game to support y product" since it feels so scummy. Like I only buy things I enjoy, no philosophies and such.

And from what I heard it still has the annoying grind Story games have.

If someone is grinding in that game, it's because they want to, lol. Bosses are too easy to grind.

The different difficulty levels might change that though, we'll see.

Ultratech

I would say Cyber Sleuth easily tops the other Story games I've played when it comes to gameplay and story, but I've never played Super Xros Wars or Lost Evolution.

Lost Evolution was a lot like Dawn/Dusk but evolution was gated behind "bug plates" that you had to clean up to unlock said evolution (which was made super annoying in that you had to 100% clean the damn things to unlock all their skills).
I liked it, but some of the super bosses they put in that game (behind trapped chests no less) were ridiculous.

I never played Super Xros Wars, but the battle system was a little different from the other DS games (like you could DigiXros, utiliize your full 6-man team and stuff).

L Thammy

Another interesting one:

n4p06.jpg

Most broken Digimon ever. Exists in all space and time, and you have to kill them all at the same time to actually destroy it.

Based on my understanding of Digimon canon, Ryo tried one. Then he said "fuck this, this universe is bullshit."

Another good one who doesn't seem to be getting the love is Ogremon. He had a good arc in Adventure, he has a hilarious character design, and his image song is one of the best. I just love listening to 'Ore wa Ogremon'.

I hope he's in Next Order, because his absence in Re:Digitize was definitely felt.

Lost Evolution was a lot like Dawn/Dusk but evolution was gated behind "bug plates" that you had to clean up to unlock said evolution (which was made super annoying in that you had to 100% clean the damn things to unlock all their skills).
I liked it, but some of the super bosses they put in that game (behind trapped chests no less) were ridiculous.

I never played Super Xros Wars, but the battle system was a little different from the other DS games (like you could DigiXros, utiliize your full 6-man team and stuff).

Huh, I was always sort of curious about Super Xros Wars because I assumed it would have some different mechanics.

In Cyber Sleuth, the gameplay is close to Dusk/Dawn and DS, though it's not quite the same. The typing of Digimon is different and there aren't "zones" for attacks.

Digimon level up fast enough to make evolution not tedious (and actually fun). You don't have to find certain species to fight to raise species EXP, which I remember hating a lot. Degeneration doesn't require meeting the previous form's stats.

That's unfortunate. Was really hoping to get it physical. I really don't like playing RPGs on consoles anymore, especially something like this.

Yeah, it really sucks. At least the Vita version gets all the bells and whistles the PS4 version gets.

Boss Doggie

Super Xros Wars indeed has different mechanics in combat, but you can feel the Story-ness in it in asset and in stuff outside of combat.

Another good one who doesn't seem to be getting the love is Ogremon. He had a good arc in Adventure, he has a hilarious character design, and his image song is one of the best. I just love listening to 'Ore wa Ogremon'.

I hope he's in Next Order, because his absence in Re:Digitize was definitely felt.

He also got his respect in DW1, so it really sucks that he wasn't repped at all in Re:D

My favorite since I was a kid

Kabuterimon

This person knows whats up. This entire line of evolution was badass too.

latest

Dobermon is an under appreciated one too. Basically had no screen time in the shows but has a cool evolution line.

latest

Always thought this bastard was too cool as well.

Boss Doggie

I never liked the idea the anime perpetuated about being forced into a baby level or that Tailmon "has a ring that makes it stay champion level". She should have just been a champion level period.

Boss Doggie

personally I'm not a huge fan of "turn digimon into humans wearing digimon head as armor" stuff

I never liked the idea the anime perpetuated about being forced into a baby level or that Tailmon "has a ring that makes it stay champion level". She should have just been a champion level period.

I agree about Tailmon, especially when BlackTailmon doesn't have an equivalent to the holy ring and is still an Adult level. It's just confusing and an obvious cop-out by the writers.

yo, I'm with you
latest

Too cool
latest

2extreme

WHAO

Wasn't Dobermon designed by a fan or something? I can only imagine how clever the person thought they were when they came up with the name, lol.

Hydrus

Man, looking through this thread, I forgot how badass digimon is! I wish they had a signature main line game series like pokemon. I loved a couple of the digimon worlds, but each one was to different.

Such a terrible, terrible season or... thing to exist in general. It's very important to drop Digimon after Tamers.

The problem with Frontier was their need to pad the episodes and not giving the rest of the gang their fusion evolution. Hyper Spirit Evolution should have come wayyyy later. Those jobber Royal Knights shouldn't have given the kids so much trouble. I think it was a great season overall and put it above 02 and Hunters Through Time and even Xros Wars.

Too bad the dub also butchered some parts like Kouji. Of course if you are a purist of human and partner, then the show isn't for you.

Boss Doggie

I agree about Tailmon, especially when BlackTailmon doesn't have an equivalent to the holy ring and is still an Adult level. It's just confusing and an obvious cop-out by the writers.

Wasn't Dobermon designed by a fan or something? I can only imagine how clever the person thought they were when they came up with the name, lol.

Do we have a list of Digimon made by fans that won through poll? I only know of the shark dude and the coin gentleman.

Do we have a list of Digimon made by fans that won through poll? I only know of the shark dude and the coin gentleman.

This was the closest I could find, though it says it's under construction and is somewhat inaccurate (Mummymon's listed twice?).

I didn't realize how many Digimon were fan-made, some good ones too.

Edit:
The ones that appear to be poll voted are the ones called "Original Digimon Contest" towards the bottom.

Boss Doggie

Yeah Ganemon is the money dude I was talking. I can't seem to remember the surfing shark guy.

Boogiepop

Interesting thread for me since I was never much of a Digimon guy (I recall liking the first Season early on to some degree and then I just don't think I ever followed up/kept up). They definitely seem to go pretty crazy with some of the designs. I have no idea what era it was from, but I destinctly recall channel surfing one day and seeing a Digimon that was like a straight up train or something. Not a huge fan of everything in here but some are definitely neat. Think my favorite in here so far is that gigantic bee battle station thing.

Btw, did Digimon ever stabilize out to a decent gameplay formula? Or are the games all pretty much seperate? Also, weird to hear that they apparently don't keep a consistent roster, at least from what it sounds like in here. How many Digimon are there even (and how many are usually in a game?)

Top Bottom