• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So who is your favorite Digimon?

I love the animation from the movies too! I was blown away by it as a kid, especially compared to the main series.

*awesome images*
I've never seen Digimon besides some episodes of season 1, but those pics definitely got me interested.
The style reminds me of Tekkonkinkreet, which is godlike.

(The movies know the 02 ending is bullshit as well. lol)
tumblr_mreqgq1Rfq1qdfcsio1_500.gif

Man 02's ending got me so salty
cant wait to see what happens in Tri..

Myotismon

My favorite villain in Adventure, and then he was a scientist in Digimon World. Too bad he can't be your partner in the first game, but I got him in DW2, and he's pretty strong. I think you can also get him in Cyber Sleuth, which I'll want to do.

Man this thread has got me wanting to watch S1 again.

Not on Aussie netflix though, and I cbf figuring out how to use a VPN.

Might have to buy the DVD box set, doesn't look like it has a bluray :(

Myotismon

My favorite villain in Adventure, and then he was a scientist in Digimon World. Too bad he can't be your partner in the first game, but I got him in DW2, and he's pretty strong. I think you can also get him in Cyber Sleuth, which I'll want to do.

Yep. :D (I can't believe I didn't get a picture of his victory pose.)

Man this thread has got me wanting to watch S1 again.

Not on Aussie netflix though, and I cbf figuring out how to use a VPN.

Might have to buy the DVD box set, doesn't look like it has a bluray :(

They have the dub of the first four seasons on Crunchyroll.

Drippy

The best Digimons were in the 1st season of Adventure. My favourite one is MetalGarurumon. It's cyber-wolf, what can be better than that? His digievolution animation was great too.

From the villains, I always liked Myotismon (Vamdemon in Japanese version). Episodes with invasion of his army on Earth was excellent.

Also, Deramon was pretty cute. He was one of Puppetmon's servants.

Vmtuisz.jpg

Joey Ravn

Banned
Why the title of this topic asks "who" is your favorite Digimon and not "what"? Even "which" would do better.

Do Digimon have legal personhood?

woopWOOP

Aw, Greymon's beerbelly made it cuter

Also this thread's constantly reminding me to fully watch season 1 already. Maybe then I can make a lick of sense of it, finally.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There's a story behind the penis monster?! Do tell.

Nah just gags. Same reason we see boob gags or naked children (or naked people in general).

Why the title of this topic asks "who" is your favorite Digimon and not "what"? Even "which" would do better.

Do Digimon have legal personhood?

Yes. They might be made of data, but they have Digimon Rights damnit!

Aw, Greymon's beerbelly made it cuter

Also this thread's constantly reminding me to fully watch season 1 already. Maybe then I can make a lick of sense of it, finally.

Make sure to watch it subtitled. The original version makes perfect sense (and is also fantastic).

L Thammy

The story that I've heard is that the Vampirecockmon comes from medieval depictions of Satan. It's hard finding any evidence of that though.
To be fair, Digimon's not the only Japanese media from the turn of the millenium to do something like this.

the_manga_of_zorc_necbzo7u.jpg

rpmurphy

Most obvious answer ever, Angewomon
latest
At the time watching the Digimon anime, when they showed Angewomon, my young self had realized that this was the best the series would get. I perused the web for Angewomon hentai, fapped to them, and went back to watching Pokemon instead.

At the time watching the Digimon anime, when they showed Angewomon, my young self had realized that this was the best the series would get. I perused the web for Angewomon hentai, fapped to them, and went back to watching Pokemon instead.

Someone never watched Tamers.

V2oqxOi.jpg

There are ton of really badass looking Digimon that I like, but Shurimon appeals to me for being kind of goofy-cool. It's like a stretchy plant/slinky/ninja that doesn't even throw it's shuriken, it just spins them like saw blades as it's arms stretch, and I think that's pretty unique.

And quite possibly the best digi-volution i've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-qc9UxXJF8

3i0C2km.png

I really thought they were going to make out.

SkyOdin

I watched Savers but never bothered with Xros Wars. Is it good?

I can't speak for the dubbed version, but Xros Wars is great. It has a highly competent main character, and once it gets going it pretty much jumps from epic battle to epic battle. The second season (the one that introduces a new main character) is Adventure 2 all over again though. I stopped watching after less than 10 episodes of that.

But definitely watch Xros Wars proper. A lot of people's picks of "favorite digimon" show up in Xros Wars in cool ways.

I wish I could find a good way to watch Savers. I think I've only seen the first 13 episodes or so.

Nanashrew

Banned
Guilmon and all his forms. My answer will always be Guilmon too cause he was the best. Hasn't changed since I was a kid.

Also I really like Terriermon and his catchphrase Momentai. "Momentai Henry!"

Boss Doggie

I can't speak for the dubbed version, but Xros Wars is great. It has a highly competent main character, and once it gets going it pretty much jumps from epic battle to epic battle. The second season (the one that introduces a new main character) is Adventure 2 all over again though. I stopped watching after less than 10 episodes of that.

But definitely watch Xros Wars proper. A lot of people's picks of "favorite digimon" show up in Xros Wars in cool ways.

I wish I could find a good way to watch Savers. I think I've only seen the first 13 episodes or so.

Isn't Savers fully subbed?

Also XW has the best insert songs. Oh god listening to one pumps your blood.

Boss Doggie

Specifically people are saying to avoid "Hunters Who Leapt Through Time" as it is an afterthought season made to pad things while waiting for Saint Seiya Omega (Xros Wars properly closed its story just after Death Generals).

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
All of Renamon's forms, especially Sakuyamon, but Palmon's forms get an honorable mention. Going from a giant cactus with boxing glove hands to a little fairy with that can turn her hands into a cannon. I wiiish they coulda had her turn into Rosemon in Adventure... but only the two lead boys got megas. Though Lilamon's change to Rosemon in Savers was really fanservicy. In cgi too.
Such a terrible, terrible season or... thing to exist in general. It's very important to drop Digimon after Tamers.
Come on, it was way better than frontier, and about on the same level as adventure 02.

Top Bottom