• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

sold a bunch of stuff for cash @ ebgames

bitwise

Banned
desperately needed hard cash **in a hurry** today (so no ebay 4 me) so I sold these at ebgames:

otogi x 3.20
harry potter cos x 1.60
doa3 x 1.60
cubivore gc 1.60
max payne 2 x 1.60
silent hill 2 x 1.60
res evil 0 gc 2.40
splinter cell x .60
def jam vendetta gc 2.40
katamari damaci ps2 8.00
swing away golf ps2 .45
blinx x .60
whiplash x 1.60
jsrf x .40
grabbed by the ghoulies x 1.60
fatal frame x 4.00
bloody roar gc 1.60
morrowind x 1.60
zelda bonus disc gc 4.00
pokemon colliseum gc 13.60
pokemon colliseum bonus disc gc .80
metroid fusion gba 3.20
golden sun 2 gba 2.40
mario golf gba 8.00
wario ware gba 3.20
wario land 4 gba 1.60
tactics ogre gba 4.00
mace griffin x .60
xbox dvd playback kit 8.00
hot shots golf 3 ps2 1.60
swingerz golf gc .80
capc vs snk2 x 4.80
kingdom hearts ps2 4.80
broken xbox 24.00
gbasp sys 24.00

I got $145.85 total. interesting to me though what they thought these games were worth

This was my first experience ever trading crap in, ever. was kind of shocked haha. but oh this money feels good. none of its being spent on gaming, thats why I didn't get the better rate for store credit.

lexi

Banned
$24 for a fucking SP? And they fucking know that you know they'll sell it for $10 off MSRP.

You got hosed, a lot of great games there going for cheaper than a coffee.

Edit:

blinx x .60
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

bitwise

Banned
lockii said:
$24 for a fucking SP? And they fucking know that you know they'll sell it for $10 off MSRP.

You got hosed, a lot of great games there going for cheaper than a coffee.

oh i know it. but like i said, no choice in the matter :)

Megat0n

Wow, if you were interested in credit you could have really cleaned up at fye (check the used trade-in prices at wherehouse.com).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Damn, I would be happy to buy some games off that list at double the price

Seeing those insanely low trade in deals with some of those games games just makes me cry

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I realise you needed cash so this isn't an option, but the reason they're so low is you get less trading for cash than you do trading for a game.

bitwise

Banned
Mama Smurf said:
I realise you needed cash so this isn't an option, but the reason they're so low is you get less trading for cash than you do trading for a game.

yep, 20% less when you get cash

i was kinda pissed. the xbox i brought in was my old one, which was working when i mothballed it 6 months ago(except for sporadic "dirty disc" errors). and wouldn't you know it, when the guy plugged it up it wouldn't even load any of the games he put in there. justr sat at the dashboard. so i only got 24 frikken dollars for it :<

he was acting like i was trying to pull a fast one, haha.

Seth C

That really hurts. I would have easly given you $100 for just the following.

otogi x 3.20
splinter cell x .60
katamari damaci ps2 8.00
blinx x .60
jsrf x .40
morrowind x 1.60
golden sun 2 gba 2.40
wario ware gba 3.20
tactics ogre gba 4.00
xbox dvd playback kit 8.00
gbasp sys 24.00

your forum posting credibilty is now 0. Getting owned on a forum is one thing. Getting owned by EB is another. Fuck.. you were ass raped. You should have done a firesale on gaming-age. You would have double/tripled your money. Stupid gamers.

:lol wned.

bitwise

Banned
TheGreenGiant said:
your forum posting credibilty is now 0. Getting owned on a forum is one thing. Getting owned by EB is another. Fuck.. you were ass raped. You should have done a firesale on gaming-age. You would have double/tripled your money. Stupid gamers.

:lol wned.

didn't have time to waste. you act like I didn't know I could get more money through other sources or something. piss off.

belgurdo

Banned
You could have sold this stuff on a one-day sale on ebay and gotten at least double or triple that price. Or just hit the thread here and cleaned up

ferricide

bitwise said:
otogi x 3.20
$20 preowned http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/234982.asp

harry potter cos x 1.60 - $10
doa3 x 1.60 - $13
cubivore gc 1.60 - not on site
max payne 2 x 1.60 - $8
silent hill 2 x 1.60 - $10
res evil 0 gc 2.40 - $18
splinter cell x .60 - $5.99 on xb, $13 on ps2, GC
def jam vendetta gc 2.40 - $18
katamari damaci ps2 8.00 - not on site, presumably $18
swing away golf ps2 .45 - $8
blinx x .60 - $6
whiplash x 1.60 - $13
jsrf x .40 - $5
grabbed by the ghoulies x 1.60 - $13
fatal frame x 4.00 - $27 xbox, $30 PS2
bloody roar gc 1.60 - $13
morrowind x 1.60 - $10
zelda bonus disc gc 4.00 - $25 (!!)
pokemon colliseum gc 13.60 - $40 (!!)
pokemon colliseum bonus disc gc .80 - no price
metroid fusion gba 3.20 - $18
golden sun 2 gba 2.40 - $18
mario golf gba 8.00 - $27
wario ware gba 3.20 - $20
wario land 4 gba 1.60 - $10
tactics ogre gba 4.00 - $27
mace griffin x .60 - $6
xbox dvd playback kit 8.00 - $23
hot shots golf 3 ps2 1.60 - $13
swingerz golf gc .80 - $8
capc vs snk2 x 4.80 - $20 PS2, $30 xbox/GC
kingdom hearts ps2 4.80 - $18
broken xbox 24.00 - can't calculate
gbasp sys 24.00 - no preowned SPs on site, can't calculate

I got $145.85 total.
youch. that's all i have to say. =)

bitwise

Banned
belgurdo said:
You could have sold this stuff on a one-day sale on ebay and gotten at least double or triple that price. Or just hit the thread here and cleaned up

unfortunately, ebay charges a "listing fee" for every item you sell.

my bank account is in the negative. so, to list these items would have cost me $25.00 for each listing, since they would have bounced at my bank after ebay charged my card for the listing fee.

I thought of that.

cvxfreak

Catchpenny said:
Jirachi > Blinx

IAWTP

b-jirachi.gif

bitwise said:
unfortunately, eb charges a "listing fee" for every item you sell.

my bank account is in the negative. so, to list these items would have cost me $25.00 for each listing, since they would have bounced at my bank after ebay charged my card for the listing fee.

I thought of that.

so but you don't get money from ebay. You get it from the people who buy the games off you. You have no money? Sucks to be them (ebay that is)

ferricide

bitwise said:
unfortunately, ebay charges a "listing fee" for every item you sell.

I thought of that.
not true -- ebay charges once a month in a single bulk charge for all fees accrued. the changes wouldn't've hit your bank account without plenty of time to prepare for that. you could even check your account to find out when it was going to be and how much and make sure.

sucks. =\

Mama Smurf

They totally screwed you even given the 20% though. When I worked at Game in the UK (owned by EB), you didn't just guess the value of a trade in, you looked on the system and it told you. I don't think I ever gave anyone less than 3 pounds (damn Canadian keyboards!) for ANY game they traded in, and for Blinx you were given the equivalent of 30p.

Maybe the system's different in the US...but dude, you totally bent over.

lexi

Banned
Yeah, ease up, Considering he hadn't eaten since Thursday I don't think anybody would be in a position to get anything better.

Except if you tried selling them on the Street. You'd easily find someone who'd buy an SP for at least $40.

It hurts to see most of these go for prices this low. .60 cents for Splinter Cell? I don't know if you can buy a bag of chips or a candy bar for that.

What really sucks is EB raped you when they paid you such an awful price for the game, and now they're going to turn around rape someone else when they sell them for something stupid like $5 under the MSRP.

lockii is right, though. If I had absolutly no other options and hadn't eaten since Thursday, I might do the same. I'd probably sell my dvd's or cd's before my games, though.

Ramirez

LMFAO,why even post this like you're proud of the credit you got :p

Since when does EB give out money though?I thought it was in store credit only?

bitwise

Banned
ferricide said:
not true -- ebay charges once a month in a single bulk charge for all fees accrued. the changes wouldn't've hit your bank account without plenty of time to prepare for that. you could even check your account to find out when it was going to be and how much and make sure.

sucks. =\

you sure, cause right before you hit the submit button to make it live, you are warned that you are about to be immediately charged by ebay for the listing fee. then later on once it sells, you get charged a "final value fee".

bitwise

Banned
Ramirez said:
LMFAO,why even post this like you're proud of the credit you got :p

Since when does EB give out money though?I thought it was in store credit only?

point out to me where i am acting proud?

lockii said:
Yeah, ease up, Considering he hadn't eaten since Thursday I don't think anybody would be in a position to get anything better.

Except if you tried selling them on the Street. You'd easily find someone who'd buy an SP for at least $40.

a) I find it startling that anyone could not have friends/parents? to get some food from for a couple of days

b) I find it startling that anyone can be that broke (that offspring song "get a job comes to mind")

c) there's always the dumpster behind macdonalds.

if you'd done a firesale - I'd probably pay you like $20-30 for cubivore and bought most/all of your gba titles. :)

Mama Smurf

In the future, I suggest selling a few things to get the money you need for food, then selling the rest to us as I guarantee every item on that last would have gone for more than it did just on this forum, even with shipping on top.

Except maybe the broken Xbox.

bitwise

Banned
TheGreenGiant said:
a) I find it startling that anyone could not have friends/parents? to get some food from for a couple of days

b) I find it startling that anyone can be that broke (that offspring song "get a job comes to mind")

c) there's always the dumpster behind macdonalds.

if you'd done a firesale - I'd probably pay you like $20-30 for cubivore and bought most/all of your gba titles. :)

a) not everyone is as forunate as you

b) i have a job. doesn't mean they just hand out money when employees fall on hard times

c) thats better than getting ripped on some games i'd never play again? :lol

d) you've got a big mouth.

bitwise

Banned
Ramirez said:
You cared enough to post it,people normally don't post things about themselves getting pwned :lol

eh, i dont care what people think. its allllll good

*goes to make dinner*

Seth C

Mama Smurf said:
In the future, I suggest selling a few things to get the money you need for food, then selling the rest to us as I guarantee every item on that last would have gone for more than it did just on this forum, even with shipping on top.

Sadly, I could have really used that Xbox for that price. I'd love to give my little sister a modded Xbox for Christmas.

bitwise

Banned
TheGreenGiant said:
I always say this when I read about absolute stupidity like this on a forum

BUT YOU STILL HAVE MONEY FOR INTERNET CONNECTION :lol

another case of you opening your dumbass mouth without knowing what you're talking about. I work for a company that gives me free internet haha. also, a free cell phone :p

bitwise said:
another case of you opening your dumbass mouth without knowing what you're talking about. I work for a company that gives me free internet haha. also, a free cell phone :p

:lol :lol u should hasve swapped the phone for a happy meal

Mama Smurf

Seth C said:
Sadly, I could have really used that Xbox for that price. I'd love to give my little sister a modded Xbox for Christmas.

Wow, this is fun! Let's all bid on things like they're still available and let him see how much he could have got.

I realise I've already been outbid on some of these titles (and I suspect I would be on all of them, I might fight for some I suppose), but I'd have given you at least $15 for all these titles:

cubivore gc 1.60
max payne 2 x 1.60
res evil 0 gc 2.40
splinter cell x .60
def jam vendetta gc 2.40
katamari damaci ps2 8.00
fatal frame x 4.00
morrowind x 1.60
pokemon colliseum gc 13.60
metroid fusion gba 3.20
golden sun 2 gba 2.40
mario golf gba 8.00
wario ware gba 3.20
wario land 4 gba 1.60
tactics ogre gba 4.00
hot shots golf 3 ps2 1.60
capc vs snk2 x 4.80
kingdom hearts ps2 4.80

and $35 for your GBA SP.

so that's $215 without even trying. And you could have sold the stuff I don't want for food...tut tut.

bitwise

Banned
TheGreenGiant said:
:lol :lol u should hasve swapped the phone for a happy meal

well, technically the phone doesn't belong to me.

for real though, i have another zelda collector's edition .. want to buy it

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mama Smurf said:

Shit I would have bought that broken Xbox and modded the hell out of it :p

AniHawk

Where I am, if you went to Gamestop, you'd've gotten an extra $10 for every 3 current generation console games you traded in.

bitwise

Banned
AniHawk said:
Where I am, if you went to Gamestop, you'd've gotten an extra $10 for every 3 current generation console games you traded in.

gamestop's website says they only do in store credit for trade, so i didn't go there. :<

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
bitwise said:
gamestop's website says they only do in store credit for trade, so i didn't go there. :<

This is true.

To clarify...the bonus money is only good for trade. You can still get cash at fire sale rates.

Anyhow, I feel sad for you. I wish you would have killed and eaten GreenGiant for food.

ferricide said:

sucks. =\

Yes, unfortunately ferricide is right. I was about to post the same thing.

Top Bottom