• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sold my PS4 on eBay to cover my Pro, buyer is claiming it's console banned, what do?

EAPidgeon

If twitter / email bombing doesn't work and the scam is confirmed I would threaten to take it to small claims court. The scammer doesn't strike me as particularly smart nor likely wanting to be part of a legal dispute

NolbertoS

Figured that ebay would side with the seller. Make sure you get back your proper PS4 and try to re-sell it back on ebay. If it doesn't work, I would either sue ebay, or go to small claims court like other are suggesting and get all the paperwork ready for it. Ebay unfortunately will always side with the buyer, unless you have a pile of records and documents showing you're telling the truth.

SRTtoZ

Don't ONLY bombard them on twitter, for real, call the US office and get someone on the phone, they are pretty damn friendly over the phone, explain everything. Ebay will at times just eat the loss on their end and let you keep the cash if they feel you got scammed. You have to call during US hours though so you get the US office instead of the overseas one.

doby

I've always wondered, what happens if you try and scam back? You could stage a video opening the package and it not having a PS4 in it... what then?

FLAguy954

This is why I do big sales like this locally or have a ton of screenshots indicating that the piece of tech (namely computer parts like GPUs and CPUs) are in complete working order before selling online (Reddit's hardwareswap works best for me).

MrToast

I actually am convinced that the buyer/scammer is literally taking the piss and getting a laugh out of this. This'll probably backfire for him very soon with those guys on twitter taking notice.

HAL-01

I've always wondered, what happens if you try and scam back? You could stage a video opening the package and it not having a PS4 in it... what then?
Then you'd be setting yourself up for jail time as that would be just as illegal and an even easier scam to prove

Hopefully the twitter thing will work out for op. Companies usually give in when faced with PR repercussions

mackattk

Really goes to show you that companies literally don't give a shit about you until you threaten to expose them over social media.

doby

Really goes to show you that companies literally don't give a shit about you until you threaten to expose them over social media.

Indeed. The only reason I have a twitter account is to complain when I feel the service I receive is sub standard. My whole twitter timeline is just full of complaints haha.

SarusGray

Good luck OP. I had a similar case to this but it wasn't a product that cost as high as a PS4. Rooting for you and hoping this all gets solved!

N30RYU

Wait until you receibe your PS4. I don't really think the scammer will continue with the scam and he'll return your PS4.

Any way contact sony to see if they can provide the MAC adress your PS4 had with your serial number. That way you will confirm if the ps4 is in fact the one you send or not if he replaced the serial number.

Vashetti

Banned
oh shit

ZTsfWMa.png

Talax

Wow! I faced something similar to this and just quietly took the 500 dollars hit to me. Looking at your struggle it makes me think I gave up too easily. :eek:

Edit: Oh and retweeted btw.

Kintaco

Retweeted as well. Getting scammed really sucks, I've only been scammed for about $10 on cheapassgamer, and even that felt fucking horrible. I can't imagine being out a PS4. Good luck OP.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Its crazy how soon corporations act when theyre at risk of getting negative PR.

Yeah, I'm hoping this goes down the way it did when I sold a PSP Go on there and the buyer tried to scam me.

Asked for serial number, he never provided it, eBay ruled in favor. Sent PSP back, told eBay I had the serial number and they sent the wrong one, appealed. eBay ruled in my favor, paid me back.

What'll likely happen is they'll eat the cost and leave everybody be.

Lexxism

Holy shit. Twitter came through! Hopefully they will side you on this.

It feels like Im watching a tv show. Hoping for a good end.

The Ummah

Banned
Oh my goodness, this thread. Truly a rollercoaster of events and emotions.

It made me happy to see that message from eBay! Hoping for the best!

Top Bottom