• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sold my PS4 on eBay to cover my Pro, buyer is claiming it's console banned, what do?

neerg

Great outcome, glad you stuck with it op. And well done to eBay, nice to see these companies can step outside of their process and procedure and apply some common sense.

Serviam

Congrats buddy. I've felt for you and followed this thread through the process. Sometimes the good guy wins, even in the real world.

Vashetti

Banned
Also, it may just be me trying to read between the lines and seeing something that isn't there, but from eBay's reply, is it possible they dug into the buyer's history and realised something like this had gone on before?

dankir

Fuck yeah!
159.gif

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Also, it may just be me trying to read between the lines and seeing something that isn't there, but from eBay's reply, is it possible they dug into the buyer's history and realised something like this had gone on before?

That eBay support person is clearly on GAF. What a hero.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Yeah, OP, they most likely tried to contact him and looked into the details and found some shit, or he crawled back under a rock and they realized he was bullshit.

Having a detailed chronicle of how a innocent seller got scammed by a dumbass forced escalation and somebody with brains at Ebay decided to drop the hammer. Good riddance.

kirblar

Very likely. Also, that reply was so ridiculous as to raise red flags all over the place.

big_z

That would be my guess. I lost $600 to a scammer and when I called support they admitted there was a history of fraud on the buyers account but couldn't do anything now that they noticed because they case had already been closed.

Im curious if the scammer will still get his refund through PayPal once the package is accepted. It's usually automatically done through the system. Kinda hope he loses his money and the PS4 if he even sent it back.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I'd love to see the reaction of that buyer, lol. Glad it worked out. :)

Are we sure it wasn't you?? Your username is making me suspicious...

I know he absolutely shouldn't, but in that position I would be sooo tempted to send them a message with that screen shot in it.

All hail ^B I guess, a man who stood against the darkness. Like a lot of folks, been lurking through this whole thread, reading the updates, and just glad OP got there the end. For awhile there it was fuck this life, but it shows that if you persevere etc. Well done!

Weevilone

So what do I do when I receive the PS4 (or a box of rocks lol)?

Refuse delivery and be done with it. It's almost certainly useless and you are whole without it.

And by whole I mean you wasted a lot of time and energy on anxiety and frustration but it is done.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Refuse delivery and be done with it. It's almost certainly useless and you are whole without it.

And by whole I mean you wasted a lot of time and energy on anxiety and frustration but it is done.

So it get's send back to that idiot again, and he can use it for someone else? No m8

Madame M

Banned
I feel like the bad guy in this story is the idea of console banning, Sony seems to hand them out like crazy.

Also buyer sounds crazy too. The world today just nut.

panda-zebra

So what do I do when I receive the PS4 (or a box of rocks lol)?

If it's a ps4 and it works but is banned online it's probably not a whole lot of use to anyone, but you could always take it, a few old copies of FIFA or whatever you might have lying around, and give it to a local kids hospital or community centre or something (my mate did the same when he won an original playstation way back when but wasn't a gamer).

Podge293

Damn twitter is a helluva platform. All hail Twitter

Congrats OP.

I'd open it. See what it is. Laugh if it's rocks, laugh if it's the PS4

Imagine the twist if the console was in fact banned and OP just didn't realise.

If it's a ps4 and it works but is banned online it's probably not a whole lot of use to anyone, but you could always take it, a few old copies of FIFA or whatever you might have lying around, and give it to a local kids hospital or community centre or something (my mate did the same when he won an original playstation way back when but wasn't a gamer).

If it works, I would just donate it to a charity shop. Could make some kids Christmas.

Best suggestions should it come back as a working (albeit banned) machine

Top Bottom