• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sold my PS4 on eBay to cover my Pro, buyer is claiming it's console banned, what do?

bosseye

Well done GAF and well done OP. Happy for you.

Genuinely nice to see (the majority) of GAF rallying around to fight this for the OP, I think that's lovely.

Congrats dude. Does this mean that the buyer is still getting charged for hid purchase then? I really hope so. Scheming little cunt. Well done though dude, and I'm glad ebay did the right thing.

Weevilone

Åesop;226570084 said:
So it get's send back to that idiot again, and he can use it for someone else? No m8

He's getting the money for the sale so he scores a console too? At very least ask EBay what to do with it.

ramparter

Banned
We should prepare a merry christmas card and send it to the buyer with a link to this thread!

This is great, I was really angry when I read they had sided with him.

We should prepare a merry christmas card and send it to the buyer with a link to this thread!

This is great, I was really angry when I read they had sided with him.

https://shipyourenemiesglitter.com/product/Naughty-Coal-60

Lets be festive!

Reminds me so much of this

http://p-p-p-powerbook.mortencb.cx/story.php

Wait, a random Twitter person can reverse the whole claim process? Basically overrule without any further evidence?

Huh.

Random Twitter person was a customer service rep, rather than an automated bot or a person reading from a list of bullet points. Bothered to take the time to properly review the case and possibly the buyers history and realised what was going down. They already had enough evidence to shut the case down, they just chose not to use it.

Bouniter

Have been silently following this from the beginning fantastic news to see it all worked out for you OP and the buyer got what he deserved (I hope it gets pursued further though, to stop him hitting anyone else).

Congratulations OP and all of Gaf that helped/supported have a very relaxing and happy Christmas you deserve it.

liquidtmd

Banned
Sees update 5

giphy.gif

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!

Yay

Update 6

l41lO5YddzX9zMNig.gif

I'm hoping that this means the buyer has had to pay out for postage and won't be getting it back as no doubt he sent it recorded delivery for proof so that wouldn't have been cheap. Don't suppose you have a tracking number Vashetti? Maybe you could ask the guy for one lol

Anton668

I wonder if ebay is taking the loss on this one just to make all partys happy or if they are indeed going to tell the buyer he's SOL with his complaint.

cuz unless the buyer(scammer) is out moneys it kinda feels like a hollow victory.

and is there anyway to tell either way?

GeoNeo

I disagree.
eBay are still scum only smart scum knowing that the biggest gaming forum was talking about 'em in a negative light.

Good shit twitter / GAF power

thenexus6

daWRevxKP0nPq.gif

Nice one OP!

Still curious to see what you receive back in the post, and I hope the buyer doesn't get off for what they did. Hopefully eBay will take action on their account.

Congrats, OP! I've been following this thread for a while (in silence), and I'm so glad things got resolved justly. This thread really is a testament to GAF rallying together.

flozuki

Nice one and props to Mister Megative! This really makes me happy =)
Maybe now all of us should do the same with their ebay problems ;D

kami_sama

Wow, OP that is great news. I think ebay knew the buyer was bulshitting, but ebay is clearly always in favor of the buyer, so they tried to screw you.

Alpha_eX

Really happy for you, OP, I've been checking often and hoping this would turn in your favour.

You won, don't worry about the box being sent to you or anything, just let it go back to the sender and show you are the better person.

Though, you could accept the box so the buyer doesn't have a broken PS4 to scam anyone else with but could lead to more hassle in the future.

Top Bottom